Recent content by poolboy79

1. P

Ghost vs. Gil 1. - end game

Two rail the 1 like you‘re trying to make it in the bottom right corner. Cue ball back and forth toward opponents pocket.
  2. P

Mike vs. Victor #2

3 rail the 9 and cue ball between 2 and 7
  3. P

Tom vs. Mike #2

Playing 1 ball long short short long rail Into cluster. Might not be laying right because of 5 ball tho. Either stop or try to draw the rock back to end rail.
  4. P

Victor vs. Mike 1.

Bank the 3 and go 4 rails to get behind the 1-8. Not sure what that gets you and might be too much execution.
  5. P

Victor vs. Mike 1.

gonna try and corner hook em
  6. P

Ghost vs. Mike 1

I don’t like sending the cue ball behind the 3 ball cluster in any way because 1) I don’t want to break up the 11 and 5 2) depending on where I end up behind the thee ball cluster there is a high percentage i could get locked up on the 12 with the 1 being somewhat thrown to my opponents pocket...
  7. P

Ghost vs. Mike 1

Lag the cue ball behind 11 and 5 even if it’s a scratch. I think this is the best way to preserve the 14 and requires the least amount of execution. Trying to make the 3 and put the cue ball behind the 11 and 5 I feel the cue ball could squirt out.
  8. P

Going to Columbia SC

Lexington
  9. P

Water Dog....Player

No that was way before my time.
  10. P

Playing a better player

If i wanted to play a better player cheap but cant get a spot because it’s too cheap are there any ways I could play to get the most bang for my buck? Would one shot and done be a viable option? Not worried about taking the worst of it because it is cheap just dont want to be down 6-1, 7-2...
  11. P

Revisiting a OP.ORG Project

Tom, for a project how about filming every shot from Shots, Moves, and Strategies and Winning One Pocket? I would definitely make a contribution for your time and effort.
  12. P

Water Dog....Player

I believe he is from Waterbury, CT not Watertown which is a small town right next to Waterbury. Waterbury now, is a city of about 110,000 with not a single pool room. Back in the day there was anywhere from 5-10 poolrooms give or take. Eddie Kelly is also from Waterbury, but left at an early...
  13. P

Filler/ Chohan May 12-13th

So for Tony to win he had to slow him down. Could he have broke the balls by going cushion first and only releasing 1 or 2 balls? Would that have frazzled Filler maybe never seeing that break even tho it is not all that aggressive? Would it have led to more up table games?
  14. P

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/index.php?threads/tight-pockets-vs-loose.12459/
  15. P

I think that would hurt Tony more than Filler. If I recall there was a thread awhile back that stated you want to play a game where the pocket size benefits your abilities to shoot balls in. At least that was the conclusion of some very experienced players/handicappers.