Recent content by philwelch

1. P

Scott Frost v.s. Alex Pagulayan U.S. Open

TAR has posted a video of Frost vs Pagulayan U.S. Open One Pocket over at AZB. It's a video CaliRed taped and is commentated by Larry Schwartz and newcomer at the mike, Artie Bodendorfer. It's a nice match but not mistake free, and Artie and Larry do a fine job of commentating IMHO...
  2. P

Any Red SHoe Results?

Ghost? Freddy? inquiring minds want to know. What happened? How many players?
  3. P

Artie's in the house!!!!!

I just noticed a picture on AZB that was taken at the Derby. Artie with Scott Frost and Larry Schwartz. I can't wait to hear about Artie's matchups this year. I only wish someone could stream some of it.
  4. P

Tom Shields passes

I just got word today that my dear friend Tom Shields has passed away. Having known him for nearly 30yrs I can say it was a pleasure to be his friend. Tom loved to laugh and joke around and had an infectious laugh. I will truly miss him as I'm sure many will. R.I.P. Tom
  5. P

Scott Frost vs. John Schmidt Derby City 2009

Here is a video of the one pocket finals of the Derby City Classic. This was done by dirtybobjr from AZB it was his first attempt at bringing videos to youtube so don't be too critical of the quality. I think he did fine. I've only given the link to the first video but I think once you open it...
  6. P

Chicago Mike

I just got news from a reliable source that Chicago Mike is in the final 15 of the Banks Tourney at the DCC. Way to go Mike! Take that crown home to Chicago.
  7. P

Artie's Interview

I just got done reading the interview with Artie and I'm sorry he moved to Vegas because I sure would have loved to see him play. Check out the interview on OnePocket.org front page, I think you'll have a newfound respect for Artie and what he's been saying in these forums. Once again he gives...
  8. P

Jeff Kaletta passes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeff Kaletta has passed away. I just received an email and was shocked to hear it. Jeff played pool in Chicago mostly at the Chicago Billiard Cafe and Chris's. I must have played thousands of games of 9ball with...
  9. P

First Effort at a YouTube video - Earl's 1st win

Bill, Iloved it!!! I've been searching youtube for pool segments. I thought the quality was actually excellent compared to most others on the sight. Brought back memories of falling in love with this game billiards. Mataya, Reid, Grady, St. Louie Louie, Grady, Sigel, and that Earl guy. (just...
  10. P

Efren's display in the 2006 DCC semi-finals

Steve, I saw Efren run two consecutive racks of rotation left handed. Of course he was only practicing but man that's strong. And that masse shot I described in my earlier post apparently is a hanger lol according to all the witnesses from various different games. Efren is God's gift to pool.
  11. P

Efren's display in the 2006 DCC semi-finals

Awesome!! Another magical shot from a billiard magician. Efren's experience in 3 cushion billiards undoubtably made way for this shot selection. Like I've said before I had the chance to see Freddy & Efren play many times and was treated to some pretty memorable stuff. I only wish I knew how to...