Recent content by mr3cushion

1. mr3cushion

Stopped thread

Nothing.
  2. mr3cushion

WICS (is correct shot) with position.

Here's Caudron playing a, 'simular' shot.
  3. mr3cushion

Another Golf and Three Cushion Story

John, are you talking about 4th & Main, downtown LA. Played there in the early 70's and did a music video with the, 'Pointer Sisters' the song, "You turned me out" in the late 80's for the movie, 'Action Jackson,' I was technical advisor and executed most of the shots in it. Carl Weathers was a...
  4. mr3cushion

Another Golf and Three Cushion Story

Very good story John! For me throughout my years crossing the country hustling 3C, the key sentence here is, "Keith is making those thin pool player hits that drive billiard players crazy." This is what I loved about giving big weight to pool players, it seemed to be their only arrow in their...
  5. mr3cushion

Dress code

Right on all counts Dave. He was quick with a quip and laugh. He looked a little like Ronnie Allen, he worked for George A. at his factory and was in some position at one time for the BFUSA.
  6. mr3cushion

how did you get into one pocket?

In Chicago, at Bensingers and the South Side we were fortunate enough to have players like, Artie B., Leonard 'Bugs' Rucker, Mexican Johnny, Isador 'Pony' Rosen, Freddy grew into this group, along with many black players, Johnny 'Cannonball' Chapman, Alphonso, Coward Howard, that never really...
  7. mr3cushion

Maybe Dave (12 squared) can name these people

My Dad, Ameen, Bob Mullin, Ricky Park. That's all I got. Thanks anyway.
  8. mr3cushion

Maybe Dave (12 squared) can name these people

Dave; this photo is from 83 in the Detroit area, I held a clinic and Artistic exhibition in that room. I know most of the people in the photo, maybe you or even Steve Lomako may be able to fill in the blanks.
  9. mr3cushion

Bellflower Ca. circa 1971

Jerry, I would of thought, Bob 'Black Bart-Big Bob' Ogburn would be in the thick of that action on a snooker table. I watched him play many times on that 6x12, super tight golf table at, The Congress Bowl in North Miami. He always got the cheese!
  10. mr3cushion

Dress code

I remember distinctly the movie, 'Kiss Shot' was made in 89, I was manager of Hollywood Billiards from 87-90. But much of this movie was filmed at, 'North Hollywood Billiards' owned at that time by, NJ, outfit guy, Larry Weir, most of the 3C players hung out there, so did I. His morning...
  11. mr3cushion

From time to time I will....

"You" didn't Dave, no worries!
  12. mr3cushion

Larry; maybe you, will understand the logic for Island's isistance about what the TOP, 'Pool players' look at last ball should be started in the Main section. I know you guys want to stay as far as possible from any, 'Aiming' theories! These last few posts by Drive have turned this section...
  13. mr3cushion

Drive, as I suggested before, maybe your burning question could more readily answered in the, 'Main' section where more, 'Pool players' frequent. But, I think Dave, (12squared) gave you a very good answer! " I look at both last depending on what is most important to the shot, cue ball or object...
  14. mr3cushion

Most of the fundamentals for 3C, which are taught to beginners, soon come to realize the differences in 3C and pool.
  15. mr3cushion

I don't follow pool players that much, so, what can I tell you. BTW, this section is named, 'Banks, Kicks, Caroms & Golf.' "MY" thread is about the fundamentals for, 'Caroms', '3 Cushion billiards'. Maybe it would be helpful to all, if you mentioned, 'What ball to look at last in pool', in...