Recent content by kollegedave

1. K

WWYD from Philly - 100 a game

It looks like the 12 can be cut into your hole, or am I seeing it wrong? If I thought I could pocket the 12, I think that is the shot. If I can make it, maybe I can defend myself better from the new position. kollegedave
  2. K

Tom vs. Mike #2

I like playing off the 8 to loosen the 8, 14, and 1, and playing the CB to the long rail using the 14, 4, and 11 as blockers. The balls are of limited value all clustered up like that. I think my shot is easy-ish to execute, and it would likely create threats on my side. kollegedave
  3. K

3rd Annual European onepocket.org Tournament

I think it is pretty cool what OnePocket.org has done with this European tournament. I hope it continues to be successful. kollegedave
  4. K

Matching Up?

I think Ghost has analyzed this quandary correctly. kollegedave
  5. K

New DCC rules...

The roster of people increased significantly from yesterday. I am hoping it gets bigger still with some of the people you are mentioning. kollegedave
  6. K

Victor vs. Mike 1.

I will roll the 15 in, and if possible soft kick on the 8 afterwards. If the soft kick is not available after I pocket the 15, then I will do something with the 3 or 12. However, I would try hard to not significantly disturb the 1 and 8 regardless of what shot is available after the 15 is made...
  7. K

Ghost vs. Matt 1. - end game situation

First off, I can't say my attendance here is stellar; it ain't. However, I feel like the 'ole Ghost went missing for awhile, and I am happy he is back. Regarding this wwyd, the shot that immediately leapt to mind for me was banking the 12 very thickly regulating the hit, spin and speed to...
  8. K

New DCC rules...

I remember watching the video. Something about the newer matches seems less "one-pocket-y". It would be a small catastrophe to have the finals between Gorst and Alex played under rules that they have little experience using and are not the rules One Pocket has adopted during its history. I...
  9. K

New DCC rules...

A lot of great points here, but I especially agree with this. Who wouldn't want to watch a three-hour hill / hill match at the finals...with regular rules.
  10. K

Chris's Billiard's...

Good grief compared to St. Louis one pocket action, I think that is a downright one pocket traffic jam--middle of the day on a Tuesday. Wow. Last time I went into my old pool room here, there were a three couples banging balls around. kollegedave
  11. K

My report on the "Express rules" used at Buffalo's last week

I like to think I have a brave and healthy relationship to existential dread. However, while I am here, I try to confront one pocket decisions for what they are...one pocket decisions that have finite limitations based on ball location and skill level and have no bearing on my final resting...
  12. K

My report on the "Express rules" used at Buffalo's last week

As is often the case, I couldn't agree with lfigueroa more. However, I would like to take this opportunity to: 1) highlight that lfigueroa is correct when he says a few “mischievous cowards” (my words not his) are the real culprit 2) put forward a new theory and rule, which we can call...
  13. K

Henderson One Liners

I had the joy of eating dinner sitting next to John during a one pocket.org get together at the Derby. John treated me like an old friend even though I was a new one. I wish I was able to spend more time with him. kollegedave
  14. K

One more WWYD from BlueGrass Billiards (BG)

Yes, I think if you risk shooting the 15 there, it is only because you are after additional balls. Also, as far as I am concerned the 15 is the shot. Just my 0.02. kollegedave
  15. K

One more WWYD from BlueGrass Billiards (BG)

I think the 15 is the shot if it can be made. kollegedave