Recent content by Deeman

1. D

Got those Derby City chills again

Many of us almost live to go and waste our entry fee, or perhaps donate it to the likes of Efren, Jeremy, Scott and the few others who will last until the last rounds of one pocket. Still, it is so great to see everyone each year, play against some and cheer others on. Many of you remember the...
  2. D

Travelling One Pocket League

A fellow one pocket player in Auburn, Alabama is taking about starting a travelling one hole league. I know they do these in 14.1 up North. Anyone have any resources that might help us out, like would a population of only 20-25 players support a league? Handicapping, fees and such? Is there...
  3. D

Mike Surber Case

Ray Hanson has started a page on Facebook to help with catching Mikes killer. He has asked if Doc can give some input but I am not sure if he is a Facebook participant . Please , any of you who can give info go to Rays page if you will. DeeMan
  4. D

One pocket with knives and guns!

I may have mentioned that while watching Alex terrorize Mike D. At DCC, a guy was talking behind me saying how bored he got watching one pocket. How any lover of pool could have been bored at that match made me tell him next year we were gonna start using knives in the game. That got me to...
  5. D

Been headed toward Jackson ever since the fire...

Anyone else going to the Jackson, Mississippi One Pocket Tournament this weekend? DeeMan
  6. D

One pocket tournament, Jackson, Md

Anyone have the details on the one pocket tournament in May in Jackson, Ms? I can't seem to Google up any details and dates, Thanks, DeeMan
  7. D

At Tunica!

Arrived this afternoon. Have touched base with Ace, Billi, Doc, Freddie. We all miss those of you could not make it, John Henderson would be stalking the halls if here and Dick would be herding women and sharing drinks with them. Only thing I have sweated was a hill-hill between The Hillbilly...
  8. D

Who is gonna be at Tunica?

I will be there for the one pocket! It is only a few miles from my hometown so I have not decided if I will stay at the hotel or elsewhere. Let us know who will be there so I can start saving for drinks! :) DeeMan
  9. D

The Other Side of the Road by Alfie Taylor

It is always exciting to read a new road book. Most of us could write a chapter or two but it does take a lot to fill up over 200 pages and keep it interesting. Alfie Taylor has done this with some room to spare and a lot of good photos to boot. The book skips around a lot which at first did...
  10. D

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to all my cherished friends here. May you all be surrounded by loved ones and enjoy all we each have to be thankful for. God Bless. DeeMan
  11. D

love my onepocket.org shirts

Steve, Thanks, I appreciate them very much. As I won't probably win the slot for the U.S Open in the drawing again this year, I'll pay our entrant's one pocket entry at DCC this year. Also, if John will give me a lesson there next January, I could be talked into paying the banks guy's entry but...
  12. D

looking for a cue lathe

I am looking for a used cue lathe like a Porper B or similar. I don,t want to make cues but be able to do almost anything else to them. Ant recommendations. the $4,000 price tag on a new Porper is too high for just a hobby lathe, at least for me! :) DeeMan
  13. D

OTR - Lenny, you da man!

I received, as promised, my shirt today and will wear it with pride! I told a couple of guys I play with/against about the DVD and they asked to "borrow" it! I told them to suck air, they can pony up for their own copy" Recommendation for another; have Scott play a match with a popular player...
  14. D

One pocket matches...NOW!

as we speak, the matches are starting with Earl playing Alex, Scott vs. Shane VB. We see both tables and there has been no balls made. My picks are, of course, Scott and Alex, both having no losses so far. Earl could be the spoiler as I have never seen his one pocket game so formidable! DeeMan
  15. D

The Heat Is On! Bernie, John and The Ghost

The match between JR, Bernie and The Ghost is just starting in the Action Room at DCC! Race to 6, $500 a man. Bernie has the first break. Ace and DeeMan are official seconds and unofficial Tush Hogs for the event. All players are in fine form. more later....