Recent content by darmoose

1. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1. - end game

I don't think that from the rail I can hit the shot accurately enough or hard enough to go anywhere near 3 rails. Also, as Ghost says he is concerned about Mike kicking the 12 ball and half way up the table is not far enough up table. I would slow kick off the left side long rail into the 3...
  2. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

yes, he did (senior moment) lol....I guess one would just have to see how it all plays out....but I would still rather be in Ghostie's position........
  3. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

If you do succeed in hiding from the 14 ball, I would either pocket the 3 ball or put you behind the 5 or 11 to keep the pressure on, I think.
  4. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

appreciate your agreeing........but pocketing the 4 accomplishes no more than pocketing the 3.....the 4 is definitely in a "scratch" position and therefore not very dangerous unless you leave him straight in, which I know you wouldn't do.....so, are you one of the ones, like Tom, that would...
  5. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

Pocketing the 3 ball does nothing for me, but give up my advantage, while repositioning the CB to where Ghostie did puts the pressure on my opponent. Isn't that what OP is about? How could I be ascared to take advantage of this opportunity? Does anybody here, if playing in Mike's place, really...
  6. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

So, Ghostie....since Tom don't like your/our shot why don't you tell us how this played out? Did you get trapped or did you eventually get to your 14 ball?
  7. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

cause we don't kick as good as you, obviously....🤪
  8. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

You could go rail first, but for accuracy i think I would go directly at the bottom of the 5 then to the rail and across the table....
  9. darmoose

4 balls on the spot but..

I agree that a 2 rail kick from the kitchen can be very effective, but from your CB position i think I would just go directly into the 4 balls at a very similar angle and spin uptable...much easier and safer...
  10. darmoose

Ghost vs. Mike 1

I an going to play off the bottom of the 5 ball and slide my CB across the table to hide behind that cluster of balls by the upper left corner.
  11. darmoose

The feasibility of implementing a chess clock in one pocket tournaments

Seems to me that the most mentioned and most acceptable method of making OP be played faster has been some sort of timing device, be it a shot clock or a chess clock, but the problem has always been it's not feasible to supply and monitor these clocks. So many players don't want to sacrifice...
  12. darmoose

why not simplify and just use a cheap one minute hour glass timer like the ones I have shown...
  13. darmoose

The choices are your....loss of turn...or allow one extension per game and simply turn the timer for another minute....or pay a penalty of a ball and turn the timer over for another minute.....you decide This really does work and is easy to implement and cheap...
  14. darmoose

here are two one minute timers that can be easily used in leiu of a shot clock....each player is responsible for turning over the timer after their shot...the timer sits on the table rail all the time so it is visible....very easy and effective solution ro slow play....don't laugh until you've...
  15. darmoose

8th Annual Seniors One Pocket Tournament Bogies Billiards Houston, Tx.

Handling the complications of a shot clock can be difficult. For a while I carried two hour glass egg timers in my case. There are several versions, i had a one minute and a two minute. You would be surprised how easy and how effective they are to use. keep them on the table and after completing...