Recent content by Cory in dc

1. C

One Pocket in New York City and thereabouts: does it exist?

I've had good luck just asking the counter guy if anyone plays 1P, but not on a Friday or Saturday night. Not a ton of 1P players, but I've played 1P at Amsterdam a half dozen times over the years..
  2. C

Mike vs. Victor #2

If the 4 doesn't beat the kiss with pocket speed, then I like Jimmy's shot on the 2 a lot!
  3. C

Introducing myself

Ilir is tough, and a good guy too. Except when he back-cuts a ball 92 degrees and runs out on you. Even so, he'll usually make a fair game.
  4. C

New DCC rules...

Seems to me that the problem is in the early rounds before players are eliminated -- too many players and too few tables. They could just run full Grady rules until the field is down to 128 and all buybacks are done. Then they could switch to regular rules, or to regular rules + Grady rules at...
  5. C

Members 2023 Special Edition of The Art of One Pocket

Exactly, what Nito said: the quality is beautiful. It would be worth it just for the great pictures or just for the 1P knowledge, but it comes with both! Congratulations, what an effort! Cory P.S. I'm partial to p. 149.
  6. C

D.C. "BUCK" stories

Sadly, I've lost contact. But I hope he's still around, doing well, and still would think poorly of my shot selections!
  7. C

Introducing a new book, The Art of One Pocket

Congratulations, I'm looking forward to owning a signed copy. Count me in for the member edition!
  8. C

2nd Euro OnePocket.org tournament -- player sponsor!

Ha, I'm tempted. But Mitch is almost as good a selection as Matt. Go Mitch!
  9. C

That's awesome, I was getting worried this wasn't going anywhere. I very much hope Matt gets the health news we all want! Secondarily, I hope he and Lizz have a great time in the Netherlands.
  10. C

Please do! But you'll have to convey the outcome to me since I'm not on FB. Thanks P.S. Congrats to Matt/Lizz. Great outcome!
  11. C

I have a copy of Shots, Moves, and Strategies that I'm looking to get rid of, along with a fully sealed set of historic 1993 Pro Billiards Tour Billiard Cards. I'll donate half the proceeds to the Euro travel fund. Send your best offer by Friday. Cory P.S. Hope y'all have all been well.
  12. C

This Place Is Dead....

Still alive and doing well. Glad to hear y'all are all still around and mostly doing well. I'm only shooting about once a week and haven't played real 1P in ages--guess I'm lucky Mitch didn't look me up when he was here a few weeks ago.
  13. C

WWYD - (or maybe what would you NOT do)

I think most top 1P players are the favorite shooting on an open table like that, so I still think it was a good shot. He probably should have hit harder to push more balls over to his side!
  14. C

WWYD - (or maybe what would you NOT do)

Haven't looked at replies yet, but that 14 looks awful close to dead. Cue firm off the 12 into the 4 with a bit of follow.
  15. C

WWYD - Two top 1p movers battle it out

I haven't looked at the replies yet, but I'm pretty sure I'd shoot the 5-railer on the 9 with enough follow to get down near his hole.