Recent content by beatle

1. B

wwyd ??

losing 5 zip i dont like it. but a top player who runs 8 and out easily it might be a good choice. not for the average joe down so much. just my way of playing.
  2. B

wwyd ??

larry you wanted the ghost and bob gave you him holding the cuestick. what more could you ask for. as far as the shot i am shooting the 8 but hard. this sends balls your way and opens all your out balls to run out and win if you make the 8. you are down 5-0. but if it was closer and two...
  3. B

Dress code

if you play enough with a person that makes one at least half the time it should be about an even chance of it happening in 5652 tries.
  4. B

how did you get into one pocket?

when i realized the worst players that gambled played it because they get shots every game. plus if the game is close the smarter person wins the cash.
  5. B

Bellflower Ca. circa 1971

i used to go to bellflower mostly to see who was who so i could avoid them if i ran across them in a bar. same with congress in miami. danny was a great fighter and never lost a fight. he had to give it up because his hands were weak and easily broke bones or something like that. he could...
  6. B

Dress code

fast eddies is really in capitola which is next to santa cruz. over the years there has been a couple rooms in santa cruz. one was right off the main drag. might still be there.
  7. B

Any Stream Live or NOT

pool was fun to follow in the past as it had characters. now the players are all milk toast. no personalities and play like robots. or so slow it isnt enjoyable. and there is really no decent money to be made in pool. and with entry fees so low it isnt exciting for the public to watch as the...
  8. B

Dress code

yep thats jack madden. he still plays pool but his fame now is making cues. he makes one of the best hitting cues and not overpriced. he lives up in northern montana. played in the stardust tournaments in the 70's. very good player and gambler. is edgies where you still hang out and play 3...
  9. B

Dress code

suki who no longer posts for the last 5 years or so used to own fast eddies. he was getting old, miss his posts. si, who is or was a treacherous gambler owned a room there for a time. eventually moved to vegas as he burned his time around there up. i used to stop at fast eddies for a quick...
  10. B

Best memory

jansco started ball in hand after one or two tournaments to speed it up. otherwise for years everyone still played shoot out. till the game totally got ruined and no one gambled at it anymore in the pool rooms.
  11. B

The Ghost's children's mask t-shirt

unfortunately batman and robin recently had a major accident as a big truck ran them over. now they are known as flatman and ribbon.
  12. B

how about a portland oregon tee shirt honoring the great music there by Bruce Proteststeen. put a guitar on it, stars, and " Burn in the U.S.A."
  13. B

the guy with the bat is about to bop the mask on the head. holy smokes! island drive.
  14. B

The Invisible Line

overall most times i just tell my opponent you be the judge and make the call. most will be honest. those that wont i quit or dont play anymore without the dead nuts. but most of those that gamble dont shoot angles as they want to have action. and those that bicker over rules dont get good...
  15. B

really cool ghost good on you. you do know some of those could be subject to a design patent and you could get a letter from the company lawyer.