Pool instead of Soap

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Freddy's in a coma. Billy I's receiving poison pen letters from the Masked Marvel.
The layout below has no correct answer. It was my shot. I don't remember what I shot, just that I failed miserably.:( What would've been better ? :)
Rod.
PS, Sorry the smaller pic was too dark.This one can be centered.

Attachments

• spunky 003.jpg
    spunky 003.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Rod, yer in pretty deep manure. I assume your pocket would be at the lower left in this photo. Hit the 10 ball a pretty good rap and let the chips fall where they may. Stick the rock against the 15, assuming the 8 won't go, or could not be played from there.

If that's out, kick safe two or three rails to get below the 5. Try to avoid such positions from now on. :D

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
If you had enough ball to shoot at (hard to tell from the picture) I would just play the 13 into the 3 ball stopping my rock on the end rail. If struck well they might even take the 12 ball with them.

Dudley

senor

Verified Member
I like vapros selection to shoot the combination and stick whitey. Hopefully get a ball on your side and leave opponent hooked. If the 5 is far enough off the rail, kicking one or two rails is an option also.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I wonder if the 1-6 combo clears the 4-ball and banks below the stack, toward your side. If so, you might play that and leave the cue ball in the top of the stack -- like this:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-01-12_13-10-37.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-01-12_13-10-37.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0

Deeman

Verified Member
Steve,

Good one but I bet it throws the 6 into the edge of the 4.

crystal cue

Verified Member
shoot the 12, going 2 rails leaving qb behind the 7.i know its bad juju to leave ole whitey on your side of the stack but i dont think its a sellout.you could roll qb up to the 9 taking a scratch but then he could return the favor by putting qb right back where you didnt like it,he cant do that if the 12 is uptable for you to bank.

Deeman

Verified Member
crystal cue said:
shoot the 12, going 2 rails leaving qb behind the 7.i know its bad juju to leave ole whitey on your side of the stack but i dont think its a sellout.you could roll qb up to the 9 taking a scratch but then he could return the favor by putting qb right back where you didnt like it,he cant do that if the 12 is uptable for you to bank.

Crystal,

If you can go off the 12 two rail and land on the backside of the seven, remind me not to spot you any balls! :)

DeeMan

beatle

Verified Member
hit right side of the 12 and leave him uptable on the short rail where the three blocks the five.

senor

Verified Member
beatle said:
hit right side of the 12 and leave him uptable on the short rail where the three blocks the five.

I like the shot, but as is the case playing Rod, the 12 is not laying naturally because the side pocket is in the way :mad: Rod would do his opponents a favor by breaking just a wee bit harder ;) From this position we would need to add a little something to the cue ball, which may still be the easiest option from here.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
Another option would be to thin the 9, sending the cb to the short rail and then out to the 11-2.
thats what i saw first
greg i tried to do a green shot and this is the message i got when i tried to up load:confused:

rd1.jpg:
The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1024 x 1500. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1048 x 502.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
thats what i saw first
greg i tried to do a green shot and this is the message i got when i tried to up load:confused:
rd1.jpg:
The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1024 x 1500. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1048 x 502.

Larry, sent you a PM on this. I see Rod's original picture was at 1024, so not sure how you slightly widened it from 1024 to 1048 pixels wide.:confused:

Rod..... Spunky????? Who is Spunky, your opponent?:) (Noticed the filename)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
Larry, sent you a PM on this. I see Rod's original picture was at 1024, so not sure how you slightly widened it from 1024 to 1048 pixels wide.:confused:

Rod..... Spunky????? Who is Spunky, your opponent?:) (Noticed the filename)
greg got your pm thanks:)
spunky is rods best friend:)
(see avatar not pic of rod)

bstroud

Verified Member
If you can see the 13, it is the shot.

If not, I would shoot the 7, 15, 8 into the 3 ball and stick the cueball behind the 1, 6.

If the angle is right the 8 could head toward your poc and leave a very bad situation for your opponent.

Bill Stroud

Tennessee Joe6

Verified Member
From
Middle Tennessee
bstroud said:
If you can see the 13, it is the shot.

If not, I would shoot the 7, 15, 8 into the 3 ball and stick the cueball behind the 1, 6.

If the angle is right the 8 could head toward your poc and leave a very bad situation for your opponent.

Bill Stroud

Finally an intelligent answer---hope to meet you at the DCC.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Since your shot didn't work out well for you, i'm assuming that there were no obvious choices, but there are choices worthy of discussion.

Post#2 Vapros..The 10,14,5 balls combo with med hard speed would be a good option if you were certain that the 5 ball wouldn't bank back into the 8 ball, so the point of contact, that the 14 ball hitting the 5 ball is the deciding factor with this shot.

Post#4.. Vapros..Thinning the 9 ball and repositioning the cue ball in the area of the 11 and 2 ball doesn't do much, and look to be back in the stack when you come back to the table. Not one of my options.

Post #9..Steves.. This shot requires an excellent hit on the 1 ball, you must hit this shot thickly enough with speed to controll the cue ball behind and close to the 7 ball. The key to this shot, if it lays good is controlling the cue ball hitting it with speed. I see good things happening with this shot.

POST#8 bstroud..From the picture it's clear to me that you're not going to get positive action with the 8 ball, if that's true this shot imo is not an option.

Post#13 Beatle..Providing you can handle the cue ball this is a good option, but you could possibly hit the side point, or even scratch down table, I would look a little further with this concept in terms of where you want the cue ball to end up, and see if there is another shot that would offer me the ability to reposition the cue ball down table, using the 3 or 12 balls as a potential blocker.
For instance Vapros shot post # 2. 10,14,into the 3 ball, if this shot lays good you can open balls up on your side and go up table with the cue ball.

Finally if none of the shots are available, always remember you can take an intentional (right Rod) sending the cue ball up table using the 12 and 3 balls as blockers and leaving distance. You never know what your opponent will try to do if he doesn't have an obvious shot.

Billy I.

Last edited: