New acronym proposal

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's common on the pool forums to see acronyms such as IMO, IIRC, LOL, etc. So in that light, I propose a new one: STS, which stands for Stirring The "Stuff".

I've noticed that we do have several levels of STS-ers here on the site. The top level would be posters like Dick, Dennis, Ghost and Lou (when he used to post). The second tier would be guys like Billy I., Steve L., and perhaps Larry. The third level examples might be Demonrho, Rod, and Doc. Granted, sometimes the levels get blurred...:D

Here would be some potential examples: "I wanted to comment on X's post, but I didn't want to STS." "So-and-so is a real STS." "Even though the guy likes to STS, I actually enjoy some of his points."

Shall we give birth to another acronym? We could always brag that it started right here on onepocket.org!!

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
hmmmm... If I can't even make 3 tiers.... I got to step up my play!:( Damn Libra crap! I used to be real bad years ago, but I changed my ways:)

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
what's up doc?

what's up doc?

doc ... great idea! as literate and as erudite as the forum members here are, this is a natural breeding laboratory for acronym coinage. among other things.

i notice no girls were mentioned in your top three level of stirrers. should we be insulted, honored or ... ?

i'm curious about this because -- in my short and treasured time here -- it seems to me that among the most lettered forum contributors are clare, jem and fanny. perhaps their contributions shade toward the subtle side? and they are thus overlooked in the stirring quotient?

skin ... i assume that, instead of 'stuff,' you prefer 'schadenfreude?'

stirring is my life, as is sibilance,

sunny

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Doc, thats absolutly brilliant!! It reminds me of a post I made on 11/23 07. You should go back and read it. I think your idea ranks right up there with mine. You could become known as the "Doc-torial of the forums". See you at the Derby. Keith

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
It's common on the pool forums to see acronyms such as IMO, IIRC, LOL, etc. So in that light, I propose a new one: STS, which stands for Stirring The "Stuff".

I've noticed that we do have several levels of STS-ers here on the site. The top level would be posters like Dick, Dennis, Ghost and Lou (when he used to post). The second tier would be guys like Billy I., Steve L., and perhaps Larry. The third level examples might be Demonrho, Rod, and Doc. Granted, sometimes the levels get blurred...:D

Here would be some potential examples: "I wanted to comment on X's post, but I didn't want to STS." "So-and-so is a real STS." "Even though the guy likes to STS, I actually enjoy some of his points."

Shall we give birth to another acronym? We could always brag that it started right here on onepocket.org!!

Doc

Great idea Doc !...Then every time the Hamtramck Cowboy posts, we can just type in, "TSF'CD'ISFOS"...and everybody will know what we mean...:p :p :p

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Great idea Doc !...Then every time the Hamtramck Cowboy posts, we can just type in, "TSF'CD'ISFOS"...and everybody will know what we mean...:p :p :p
It's good to see you finally woke up and took your head off the keyboard:p .

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Skin said:
The second "S" should not stand for "Stuff". It is too genteel of a term for the matter it designates. Otherwise, you have a fine idea. ;)

STS Skin
Well, it could always mean "soup". Or would you prefer "sewage"?;) Which sibilant word did you have in mind?

It's curious that one must sibilate to pronounce both Skin and Sunny.:cool:

BTW, I much prefer "SS" rather than "STS", but as politically cleansed as is this site, it would never fly. Remember the days when we would see SS# for Social Security number? Now it must be SSN, so as not to give memory to Hitler's secret goon squad.:rolleyes:

Doc

Deeman

Verified Member
Doc,

Great idea but you might add STSP for the top level
'Prime" stirrers, some of whom may deserve a doctorarte in the art!

DeeMan

OldSchool

Verified Member
As long as it’s about quality and not just quantity, I believe I should also be ranked in the top level of STS’ers, along with SJD, Cowboy Dennis, and The One Pocket Ghost :).

Old School

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
OldSchool said:
As long as it’s about quality and not just quantity, I believe I should also be ranked in the top level of STS’ers, along with SJD, Cowboy Dennis, and The One Pocket Ghost :).

Old School
i would vote for you for top level
ghost and dennis i dont think are in your league for hiding behind anonimity first of all and sts second eek:
sjd except with freddy is not a top teir sts JMHO
his responces with lou and mr 3 cushion i dont consider sts its personal:eek:
his other needling is stirring the pot some but not outrageous
JMHO
ICBW

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
old school
WHY DONT YOU TELL US WHO YOU ARE??????????????????????:confused:
WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?????????????????????????????????:confused:
just askin:) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
old school
WHY DONT YOU TELL US WHO YOU ARE??????????????????????
just askin :)

Hey Old School, I got a deal for you...

If you tell me who you are (via pm) I will send you free of charge, :eek: one of my One Pocket shirts! - and I will even embroider the name Old School on it for you!!!...

C'mon, you can't pass up that offer...and I promise not to tell anybody else your real name...:cool:

Whaddaya say?

- Ghost

PS, I'll be watching my pm box...:)

timdog24

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
The top level would be posters like Dick, Dennis, Ghost and Lou (when he used to post).
Doc

I think Dick is at least a level above anyone else when it comes to STSing:D .

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
OldSchool said:
You make a good point. I don't know about the Q & Q, but as a percentage of your posts containing STS, you would definitely qualify for top tier.:)

Doc

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Ghostie, be careful what you wish for. If you get this bunch started coming out of the closet, it could get weird around here. :eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
i would vote for you for top level
ghost and dennis i dont think are in your league for hiding behind anonimity first of all and sts second eek:
sjd except with freddy is not a top teir sts JMHO
his responces with lou and mr 3 cushion i dont consider sts its personal:eek:
his other needling is stirring the pot some but not outrageous
JMHO
ICBW
lll,

I agree with everything you wrote. OldSchool stands alone.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Old School, I got a deal for you...

If you tell me who you are (via pm) I will send you free of charge, :eek: one of my One Pocket shirts! - and I will even embroider the name Old School on it for you!!!...

C'mon, you can't pass up that offer...and I promise not to tell anybody else your real name...:cool:

Whaddaya say?

- Ghost

PS, I'll be watching my pm box...:)
Goastee,

I think you're real close to swaying OldSchool this time, just throw in a cheap Chicago hooker and he's yours:p .

Dennis

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI
I could step it up so much it aint funny but I get bored quick with you guys.

All the guys on here are like grade schoolers :eek:

I'm going to be very very honest.....I think Dick is the only one that could really hang with me.

Everyone else is a distant third.