For Steve Booth.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
I would like too her your reply on what i wrote on Buddy Halls 2cd place on both ballots.

Banks and one pocket. I no you are a bissy man and you might not have had time to look at the tread.

But could you let me no what you think? I think its important to the hall off fame. And you are the only one who can make this decision. Thanks a lot.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I would like too her your reply on what i wrote on Buddy Halls 2cd place on both ballots.

Banks and one pocket. I no you are a bissy man and you might not have had time to look at the tread.

But could you let me no what you think? I think its important to the hall off fame. And you are the only one who can make this decision. Thanks a lot.
That's a good observation and a good thought, Artie, but I think Buddy would rather be #1 :)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
That's a good observation and a good thought, Artie, but I think Buddy would rather be #1 :)
It cannt be any clearer then that. .

Thats fine all I wanted was a answer.

Thank You.Buddy will have to waite.

So you can win by election only. Is that correct?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Artie Bodendorfer said:
It cannt be any clearer then that. .

Thats fine all I wanted was a answer.

Thank You.Buddy will have to waite.

So you can win by election only. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct. The One Pocket & Banks HOF are voted by membership verified here on OnePocket.org. The Lifetime Pool in Action is voted by the One Pocket Hall of Fame "board of directors" which consists of ten people (plus me) who are all pool insiders who have been very involved with the HOF pretty much since the beginning. For the first couple of years for the Lifetime award, this informal board was a smaller group and I just informally polled them and we came close to consensus and went with that. Starting last year, I have everything written down from polling each member of the informal board. I am collecting votes for the Lifetime award as we speak.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
NH Steve said:
Yes, that is correct. The One Pocket & Banks HOF are voted by membership verified here on OnePocket.org. The Lifetime Pool in Action is voted by the One Pocket Hall of Fame "board of directors" which consists of ten people (plus me) who are all pool insiders who have been very involved with the HOF pretty much since the beginning. For the first couple of years for the Lifetime award, this informal board was a smaller group and I just informally polled them and we came close to consensus and went with that. Starting last year, I have everything written down from polling each member of the informal board. I am collecting votes for the Lifetime award as we speak.

Do they poll from any particular group of candidates... people mentioned in a thread or how does that work?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
Do they poll from any particular group of candidates... people mentioned in a thread or how does that work?
I poll them about that, too -- plus carry over from the prior year -- and of course I pay attention to what people might suggest on here.

YJY

Verified Member
From
Paducah, KY
Steve,
I would be interested in seeing how Buddy did in prior years polls. I think he has always finished fairly strong. I guess by biggest concern is someone not getting in the HOF that belongs there. I think his consistent high finishes in the voting says alot.

I would rather see Buddy get in while he is still here and able to attend the event. We never know when it is our time to go and none of us are getting any younger.

Just my two cents. Knowing Buddy personally does make me a litle bias. But I thing the majority would agree he is more than deserving to be in the HOF.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
YJY said:
Steve,
I would be interested in seeing how Buddy did in prior years polls. I think he has always finished fairly strong. I guess by biggest concern is someone not getting in the HOF that belongs there. I think his consistent high finishes in the voting says alot.

I would rather see Buddy get in while he is still here and able to attend the event. We never know when it is our time to go and none of us are getting any younger.

Just my two cents. Knowing Buddy personally does make me a litle bias. But I thing the majority would agree he is more than deserving to be in the HOF.

Buddy Hall workt harder on his pool game then anyone I no. And I no If I would have spent 2 moths with him playing one pocket he would have been the best player ever in life.

But I didnt because when I was playing my game all I wanted too do is Beat People Nowe that I am over the hill and I cant shoot no more. It doesnt matter if I help people. Because I am not making my living playing pool.

But I no If Buddy hall would no the things I no about the game and he learned them. He could have spooted any off the greatest players 8 to 7 including me.

But thats how strong it is knoweing what the game realy is. And how to play the game without Guessing. Buddy had all the ability and talent too make that come true. And his attitude and desire too win was also number one. Buddy Hall is a very gifted player.

And not a lot off people have his ability and desire and the will to learn and win.

I cant speack for Buddy Hall but his desire to learn and improve and no all thier is about the game.

I can honestly say I have never seen another player. With Buddys desire too win. Its like when he plays the intensaty is like he is playing for his life.

And I have allways admiered that in a player. You cant teach that. IT has too be in you. And most people give up. But Buddy plays every game to the end.

Evenif he needs 10 balls and you need one. He nows that the game is not over tell the last ball is made. And he gives it all he can tell thier is no more breath left.

John Henderson also has that great quality. But not too many people do. Thier use too giving up and getting it over with. I can tell you this if you fight tell the game is over.

The other player will see it. And he knowes if you will give up or throw in the towle. And you are making it easier for him. Because he knowes what you are going too do.

And people dont like too play people with that much desire and never giving up. It puts preasure on the player who thinks he is a lock too win the game.

But these kind off players come back and win some off those games. And if that hapines thier oponent will fall apart. And itd allways easier playing someone who will give up.

But buddy gives it all he has too thee end nomater what the score is. And Buddy desirvss all the credit he gets. He is 100% commited too pool. And if I had a choice too play Taylor Bugs or Ronnie.

Buddy would be the last person that I would want too play. Because he comes too play. When these other players are predictable and you no they are going too shoot. Every chance they get. But those kind off players were the players I loved too play.
These players were better then Buddy playing one pocket. But the desire too win was no compaireson. And people realy dont look at that. And thats what the old time players had that desire too win.

You cant teach that too someone. It has too be in you. And belive me it showes. And if you look at all the hall off fame players I can tell you what players had that desire and witch ones didnt.

Even today you have players like Scott Cliff Eferine Chohan Parica Gab. They are all great. But out off all theese player. Who had the most killer in him too want too win.

And out off all theese players who do you think would give up first. This makes a difference when you make a game.

Ronberg had Killer in him. And he played as hard as he could tell the last ball. Other champions played better then him but thier desire level was not as strong and powerfull.

Joey Spath was one with a strong desire too play hard and never give up. Nick Varner also fouhgt tell thier was no more life left in the game. But thier were great players with a completly different attitude.

And they would give up and just go through the motions tell the game was over. Giving all that effort and desire is worth a lot. And that alone will win you games and matches.

But I wanted too bring this out. Not because Buddy isnt a great player. But too show people what he had was special. And that is what realy makes him great.

And you can see this in other sports with other player. Even in fighting in the rig. But Buddy Hall could have been the greatest one pocket player ever in life.

Two months off learning and explaining every shot every move he would have been untouchable.

But he desirves too be in the hall off fame for banks and one pocket. And I never herd anyone say. I would love too play Buddy Hall Nine ball Banks or one pocket.

Because people new they had to play too win. It was not a give me. When I look at Buddy I dont just look at him like a champion playor. I look at Buddy Hall as a gladiator. Who plays every game like he is playing for his life. AB Middler