2010 Bank Pool HOF Call for Nominations

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
philip guagliardo said:
The first thing i will say is Mexican Johnny owed a pretty bad guy money that actually was a good friend of mine and decided to leave town before he got hurt . Artie left you wondering so I answered .

I believe Johnny belongs in the Hall Of Fame because he feared no one and could beat anyone !! Nobody robbed Johnny in all the years I seen him play !! Bugs was giving guys all over the country 2 balls back then , but Johnny only got one ball in both games !!

Johnny was also the hardest working poolplayer ever in Chicago from poolroom to bars it was a 24 hour a day job for him .

Johnny had class too !! I remember he would come in a bar where I was taking care of the action and not put his quarter up and leave !!

Total class + maybe a little fear too about the repercussions back then .

I think I have read the facts about Johnny and they are TRUE !!

He gets my vote !!! YES i'm bias !! But also correct in my pick .

I can't help that Chicago has had great bankers !! The list is LONG .

The proof is simple NO one can name a player who came to Chicago and left with the cash playing banks back then .

You could say the same about one pocket with BUGS and ARTIE .

RTP

PS I naturally want a fellow horseplayer in too !!

I would robbed him betting horses , but not pool !
Johny played rheese 3 games even and anyone could win Bank Pool One pocket and nine ball. And If you put Bugs in thier with Lefty and Johnny It would be Bugs givin up a ball in banks and one pocket to both players. But he did not have to win. And if Bugs would play them nine ball Johnny and Lefty would both win. And on a bar table Johnny would win. And One handed Johnny would win in all three games. On a Five by ten Jonny and lefty would win getting a ball. And in nine ball it would be Lefty and Johnny. And Johhy and Lefty on a five by ten again it would be a coin tose in all three games. And Freddy would play anybody Banks and one pocket. And on a 5 by ten he would have been very hard too beat. And like I said before Freddy was the best wite banker in Chicago. But most players that came wiuld play nine ball and one pocket. And nine ball was the wekest game in Chicago. And Johnny might be number one in beating the most people playing pool then any player in life. And he played real good one handed and on a bar table. But out off the three player BUgs was the better Bank pool plasyer and better One pocket player. And Canadian pet was right behind these players. And Pet was the better nine ball player. And off course I dont want to leave out Cicago Youn Blood e was great in all three games. And all the great bankers they had in Chicago I never seen anyting like it anywere else. And if someone would come too Chicago to play banks they could have won a lot off money. It was the best Bank pool action in the whole country. And in one pocket. The could have gotten plenty off action. With Bugs Cannon Ball Mexican Jonnhy. Canadian pet Cincinate Clem Phone. And even Joe Procita. And thier were others. Bensingers was the most feard pool room in thr country. And Freddy I dont no if you know. But I was the person that took out the two old 4 and a half by nines. And but in gold crowns. I even but 8 off them in the back when I nocked out the back wall. BUt that was around the time you had the 4 Bees Club. And ten Bob Siegal took over Bensingers and destoid our home. And that was the end off a great pool room. Bur we spent our time and youth in thier. And we had lots off great memories and caracters. And nobody can take your memories. Not even Suger Shack. Those benches were for your dreams and under the pool table. You liked that better ten you own home. And if the would have been open all night. I dont think you would have ever gone home. Because Bensingers was your home. And I no you loved that real pool room atmosphere. And that would be hard too duplicate.Have some great dreams about Yester Year. It was your life. And nobody can take that away from you.

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
mexican johnny

mexican johnny

All through the 60's and 70's everybody in Chicago (gamblers) knew about Johnny. He was the MAN!He didn't book many losers while giving up big weight.I saw him give a shortstop 8 to 5 and MJ shot one-handed jacked-up. I would like to see him in the HOF in some category.