Dippy, Alex, and Vegas...

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
Heard Dippy's horses are scoring big in WSOP and he and Alex P. gonna get down this week for some big time 17/4 or so action. Anyone care to corroborate?

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
demonrho said:
Heard Dippy's horses are scoring big in WSOP and he and Alex P. gonna get down this week for some big time 17/4 or so action. Anyone care to corroborate?

Dippy's horses came in at the WSOP and he and Alex are off to the races at 18-4. Sunnyday is giving running coverage on AZBilliards' "The Action Room" forum direct from the Cue Club in Vegas.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
thanks for the heads up demonrho!

Here's the link

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=208690

So, did Dippy back the 2 guys that finished 1st and 2nd at the WSOP? Heard he made a couple of million. 1st paid 9 million, 2nd paid 5.5 million. Wonder what percentage he got if that happened.

If so, that had to be a pretty sweet feeling when the guy busts out in 3rd and both of your horses are playing for 1st and 2nd. Doesn't matter who won at that point.:D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The last report I saw from 7 this A.M. was DD: 12, AP: 9, going to 15 for 20 bags. Alex may have given away the nuts, and not be able to outrun them. Maybe he has more stones than brains. 10K is a big deal for Alex, but pocket change for Pete.

Too bad we didn't have a member present for reports. BTW, I'm assuming that "Sunnyday" is not our "Sunnyone". Is that the case?

I wish Artie could go over there and let us know what the situation is. He could probably make a fortune offering his services to DD.;)

Doc

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
the name game

the name game

to clear up any confusion ...

sunnyday is the respected one, well-know and well-liked.

i am the other sunny. know for my mouth and sometimes tolerated.

several months ago i apologized to sunnyday for leaping into the pool world without looking. i would never have selected a name so similar to hers had i spent any time reading the forums. i offered to change my name to sohosunny, but sunnyday was so gracious and told me not to bother.

sunny (sunnyone)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
sunnyone said:
to clear up any confusion ...

sunnyday is the respected one, well-know and well-liked.

i am the other sunny. know for my mouth and sometimes tolerated.

several months ago i apologized to sunnyday for leaping into the pool world without looking. i would never have selected a name so similar to hers had i spent any time reading the forums. i offered to change my name to sohosunny, but sunnyday was so gracious and told me not to bother.

sunny (sunnyone)
if you had class you would change your name so there is no confusion.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
gulfportdoc said:
Evidently Pete won the first set for 20, Alex won second set for 40. They started a third set at about 7 P.M., but I haven't heard the stakes.

Doc

Alex has gamble, that's for sure. His backers surely had to be a little concerned, I would think. Up 20 or down 60.. that was a big set.

Now it looks like it's a race to 9, win by 2, they posted 2 sets. Dippy up 4-2 in the 1st set.

Justin from TAR is providing updates via Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/TheActionReport

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
up TWETY THOUSAND DOLLARS or down SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS
im sorry guys but to me these are numbers ill never understand
GOD BLESS THOSE WHO CAN BET HIGH AND PERFORM:)
we should have a national high rollers day like there is for everything else.
JMHO

SJDinPHX

Suspended
lll said:
up TWETY THOUSAND DOLLARS or down SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS
im sorry guys but to me these are numbers ill never understand
GOD BLESS THOSE WHO CAN BET HIGH AND PERFORM:)
we should have a national high rollers day like there is for everything else.
JMHO

Larry,

I have found high stakes pool, to be very subjective...There are great player's who play good for the cash (theirs, or their stakehorses) and there are those who tighten up at the thought of winning "really big" $$$... Having been in similar situations, (not quite that high though)...if the game is somewhere near even...the guy who can most afford to lose, will usually prevail....Not always, but "usually"

"Heart" will only get you so far, but "firing a toothpick at a lumber yard", can definately have its rewards.... I'm pulling for Alex...but he has made a double tough game...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
demonrho said:
Here's a couple of minutes of video of the action taken a little bit a go from TAR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MR4cp9uEq8&feature=youtu.be&a
I've watched Alex play several tough (expensive) games here against Walden, Richeson & a couple of others I can't remember right now and I've never seen him act like a clown or heard him talk during a game that I recall. It looks like he needs his manager (Ronnie Wiseman) to coach him in the ways of winning. He's playing a fool.

Dennis

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Evidently Pete won the third set, and supposedly they broke for the night. It's hard to get the straight dope, but by my math: 1st set: Pete, 20. 2nd set: Alex, 40. 3rd set: Pete, 40. So if that's true, then Pete is up 20.

Alex has made a bad match-up. There's a fine line between "heart" and "idiot".

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Clip of Alex running ten.

IMHO he should have got two more -- he failed to take advantage of the 15-ball, up by his own side pocket. From what I've observed about good players running out at One Pocket, they nearly always use balls in the general area around their side pocket as key shots to get at the various perimeter balls that lie out beyond the obvious balls within the table quadrant near their own pocket.

[YOUTUBE]=/v/ZIO07Ho7Kvs?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: