The nuts on pool tips, KUMAI TIPS....

Car Lot Jim

Verified Member
I just got my phillippi cue back from Phillippi custom cues in Maryland, i had a new shaft made with ivory ferrel and a new black kumai tip, Pronounced ka-moo-a . these tips are made in Japan from layered pig skin, similar to the mooray tips. The kumai tips just about eliminate miscuing from your game. I chalked up and shot a couple of racks of nine ball without rechalking my cue and never miscued once.
I understand all the top pros now are using this tip, glad i got it on in time for the DCC.

Jim

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Car Lot Jim said:
I just got my phillippi cue back from Phillippi custom cues in Maryland, i had a new shaft made with ivory ferrel and a new black kumai tip, Pronounced ka-moo-a . these tips are made in Japan from layered pig skin, similar to the mooray tips. The kumai tips just about eliminate miscuing from your game. I chalked up and shot a couple of racks of nine ball without rechalking my cue and never miscued once.
I understand all the top pros now are using this tip, glad i got it on in time for the DCC.

Jim

Jim, I totally agree...I started using a Kamui black about a year ago, and I really like it...feels good, super low maintenance, and like for you, it's cut down my miscues by about 80%-90%.

- Ghost

blackeee

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Tn
One Pocket Ghost said:
Jim, I totally agree...I started using a Kamui black about a year ago, and I really like it...feels good, super low maintenance, and like for you, it's cut down my miscues by about 80%-90%.

- Ghost

Best tip I've ever used. I've got a hard one shaft for 9-ball and banks and a soft on my other shaft for one-hole.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I've got 4 black ss. One delaminated and fell off my shaft. For the money I'm going back to Triangle's

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
jtompilot said:
I've got 4 black ss. One delaminated and fell off my shaft. For the money I'm going back to Triangle's

I would bet that the problem is how it was installed. When installing laminated tips the glue will break up if too much heat is generated. I have been installing kamui's for 1 year now and I have never had a problem with them coming apart.

Kamui's are a little different than other tips but imo they are the best out there.

Dud

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dudley said:
I would bet that the problem is how it was installed. When installing laminated tips the glue will break up if too much heat is generated. I have been installing kamui's for 1 year now and I have never had a problem with them coming apart.

Kamui's are a little different than other tips but imo they are the best out there.
Dudley, how would you compare the Kumai tips with the Everest laminated-- the ones put on all OB shafts?

Doc

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Dudley, how would you compare the Kumai tips with the Everest laminated-- the ones put on all OB shafts?

Doc

I was playing with everest (came stock on my predator shafts) before I switched to Kamui. The only thing I didn't like about the everests is that they play much different after the halfway point. In my experience they get much harder-- almost to the point that they had some deflection.

I'm not sure if my experience is a fair comparison though. I probably have played with 3 Everests total. I switched over and im not going back. I've gotten all my cohorts to play with Kamui and everyone seems happy (after they get used to the new hit)

I have been playing with the Kamui Black Super Softs on a 314-2 and I have never been so content with my playing equipment.

The soft hit gives me allot of control with the over juicy predator shafts. The best part is that even the Kamui soft tips don't seem to wear out as quickly as other tips...

Dud

Also if anyone has had any problems with the tips don't hesitate to contact Kamui.... They want to know about problems with their tips/installers to try and keep their customers happy.

http://www.kamuitips.com/contact/

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The nuts

The nuts

A guy gave me one two years ago. I wish I knew now what type it was. Hard, soft, medium whatever. Bottom line, greatest tip I ever had. I still play with it and it is still perfect two years later. I never use a tip shaper, file, tapper, nothing on it. I never miscue either.

(Since I have made another definitive claim about something, I know I have once again opened myself up to the Sand J.O. ie., "Never happen.", "Two years? Are you kidding?" "I never heard of...." "Pool players always exaggerate..." Blah, Blah,Blah.)

Beard

(Contact info re verifyment from the tip provider available via PM. )