New Break?

Fanatic

Verified Member
Hi everyone ...recently I've been playing this guy who breaks the pack in between the 4th and 5th ball as opposed to the 1st and 2nd. The qball is positioned exactly the same spot for this break as it is for the traditional break. He hits it fairly hard and sends the qball all the way down table ( I wish I had a wei; maybe someone can decifer it for me and i can correct it if necessary)....anyway it's a killer break ..he doesnt sell out...he moves multiple balls to his side; more so than with the traditional break...he leaves you long...and puts you in a dangerous position to err since there are so many balls by his pocket. I've actually tried to break that way and honestly I haven't gotten it right yet...sometimes I hit them too soft and don't send the qball down table...sometimes I hit it with not enough spin and although the qball travels down table,I scratch...and sometimes I hit it too hard and send balls towards his hole :mad: But this guy hits the break perfect.

Anyway my question is....does anyone else play their break this way? Also I'm interested in some analysis of pros and cons.

Not sure if you guys talked about this in the past....if you have I apologize
XOXO

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fanatic said:
Hi everyone ...recently I've been playing this guy who breaks the pack in between the 4th and 5th ball as opposed to the 1st and 2nd. The qball is positioned exactly the same spot for this break as it is for the traditional break. He hits it fairly hard and sends the qball all the way down table ( I wish I had a wei; maybe someone can decifer it for me and i can correct it if necessary)....anyway it's a killer break ..he doesnt sell out...he moves multiple balls to his side; more so than with the traditional break...he leaves you long...and puts you in a dangerous position to err since there are so many balls by his pocket. I've actually tried to break that way and honestly I haven't gotten it right yet...sometimes I hit them too soft and don't send the qball down table...sometimes I hit it with not enough spin and although the qball travels down table,I scratch...and sometimes I hit it too hard and send balls towards his hole :mad: But this guy hits the break perfect.

Anyway my question is....does anyone else play their break this way? Also I'm interested in some analysis of pros and cons.

XOXO

Fanny,

What you are describing, is the accepted method for breaking, when you are playing one pocket on a snooker table. Where you can leave your opponent 10 or 12 feet away for his first shot. (hopefully tight against the head rail)

It has many pitfalls, as a method for breaking 1P on a pool table (edit; even a 5 X10 pool table)...Good things can happen for you, but most of the time, you will expose balls by your hole, and give your opponent "first move".

Trust me, It is not nearly as effective, (time after time) as the traditional break, otherwise, all the "good guys" would be using it...:cool:

OXOX

PS..edit for Steve; On a 5 x 10 pool table, I always experimented with hitting between the 3/4 or 4/5 balls, but still trying to leave the cue ball on the side rail below the side pocket...This usually worked better than the traditional 4 1/2 by 9 break as a 5 x 10 leaves so much more manuevering room...concentrating on freezing to the side rail is easier too. Also, rarely (almost never) sold out a corner ball that way

Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I've heard form older players that a break like that used to be popular on the 5x10's, due to the "long distance advantage".

Fanatic said:

XOXO

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Fanatic said:
Hi everyone ...recently I've been playing this guy who breaks the pack in between the 4th and 5th ball as opposed to the 1st and 2nd. The qball is positioned exactly the same spot for this break as it is for the traditional break. He hits it fairly hard and sends the qball all the way down table ( I wish I had a wei; maybe someone can decifer it for me and i can correct it if necessary)....
XOXO

I didn't have a full table handy, maybe you can extrapolate. The CB should go to the end rail. If this is no good I can WEI it for you. I played a pretty good hacker wed. and he used this the first two times he broke then he changed to the regular break.:)
Rod.

Attachments

• break.JPG
    break.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
maybe this is a better example.:)
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3ANtj3BCaF4CDGS3DUTB4EFCf3FCKa4GBrD3HCAA3IKQf3JOen4KGIu3LYrR3MVkk3NFbR4OBRk1PTeX4YFCf4YBDC4fGIu4fAua4fAmb1kTeX4kGpY4kHWn4kTIq4kcYA2kcGw2kTQc@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Maybe closer to this?

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AALW4BCpA3CCYA4DCpe4EFbe3FChe4GBjO4HAMA4IAEe3JFSe4KEMO3LBKO3MDvO4NBal3OBJl1PXFV1kXFV4kGxN4kLpn1kbmJ1kTYA@[/CUETABLE]

Fanatic

Verified Member
Thank You Rod...;)

I don't have the new wei program set up so I'm going to use your original diagram sorry for the botched paint job :eek: .... it's not this break Rod the qball does not cross over like that it goes straight back to around where he originally broke and almost lined up straight to the pocket he broke towards...plus there are more balls blocking a good shot....that 5 ball might be there but there would be more obstructions. The white line here represents the qball the yellow line represents an approximate angle he's left me and the yellow pathetic circles represents the typical ball positions . Please redraw on wei for me I'm :eek:
XOXO

break.JPG

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:
Thats it Dennis!!!
XOXO
That break is no good because the corner ball always comes up by your side pocket and gives you a shot. You just have to shoot it and make it and he'll stop breaking like that. Read the "Cornbread's Break" thread that I just bumped.

P.S. If you register and log-in on Pool.bz you can use the WEI just like before.

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
That break is no good because the corner ball always comes up by your side pocket and gives you a shot. You just have to shoot it and make it and he'll stop breaking like that. Read the "Cornbread's Break" thread that I just bumped.

P.S. If you register and log-in on Pool.bz you can use the WEI just like before.

Dennis

Dear "Trick or treat" breath, (treat for you, being the exhumed body of Marilynn Chamber's to force your affections upon...)

Apparently, on Halloween,... we have an off duty snow blower operator, and a valium loaded, but sweet and innocent housewife,... (who I know, has been up all night, flirting with Bernie Petipiece)...entering into a dialogue re; the intricacies of the one pocket break...The mind boggles...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Fanatic

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Apparently, on Halloween,... we have an off duty snow blower operator, and a valium loaded housewife (who I know, has been up all night)...entering into a dialogue re;
pool propiorties...The mind boggles...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Your a silly goose....I'm mean duck :p
XOXO

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Apparently, on Halloween,... we have an off duty snow blower operator, and a valium loaded housewife (who I know, has been up all night)...entering into a dialogue re;
pool propiorties...The mind boggles...:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dear Typewriter Ribbon Breath,

The next time that you accidently hit "enter" when you meant to hit "shift" would you please just hit "backspace" before continuing your sentence:mad: .

Cowboy "not off-duty, working in an hour" Dennis

Fanatic

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

Dennis

Thank you Dennis I wiil register :) As far as the break, this guy doesn't leave a ball by my side at all!!!! I'm telling you he hits it perfect; no sell out at all!
Everything lays in his favor and I don't know how he does it. The guy is from South America and barely speaks english so it's hard communicating with him...I'm trying to see exactly what it is he's doing but I can't execute it. I know it's not a fluke, he plays this break every time and executes it perfectly. I do get out of the break without selling out a straight in shot, but usually he has some form of free bank available to shoot at because of the layout he leaves. To me it's been more challanging getting out of it than the traditional break normally used.

XOXO
XOXO

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fanatic said:
Thank you Dennis I wiil register :) As far as the break, this guy doesn't leave a ball by my side at all!!!! I'm telling you he hits it perfect; no sell out at all!
Everything lays in his favor and I don't know how he does it. The guy is from South America and barely speaks english so it's hard communicating with him...I'm trying to see exactly what it is he's doing but I can't execute it. I know it's not a fluke, he plays this break every time and executes it perfectly. I do get out of the break without selling out a straight in shot, but usually he has some form of free bank available to shoot at because of the layout he leaves. To me it's been more challanging getting out of it than the traditional break normally used.

XOXO
XOXO

Fanny, take a crash course in Spanish...Then send your illegal alien to DCC...He will become an "instant millionaire"...:eek:

PS...Make sure your in...and "Bar Rag Breath" (aka RBL) is out...:rolleyes:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:

XOXO
XOXO
Well, in that case, I've never seen a break like that:) .

I log-in on Pool.bz and never log out, that way I can edit a WEI anytime without fussing around to log-in on there. Of course we don't seem to WEI as much as we used to.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
THANK GAWD !!!
But I do still know how to do it:eek: .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3DQdL4GNAd2IAsm1JAiX3KQLd3MPbt2NCAa4ONRy3XQdL3XQmm3XEFu3XCIH4XNCJ4XMGA2dAsm1dBIw1dOGu1dOHk1eAiX1eNPa1eNpP1eAbK3fQLd3fPsa3fQCl4fNYt4fNaj4fFJi3hPbt4hNwB1hNvy2hQpr3hQAo2iCAa1iOYe1iFrb1iOJb1iFjb2iBkf@[/CUETABLE]

Fanatic

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Fanny, take a crash course in Spanish...Then send your illegal alien to DCC...He will become an "instant millionaire"...:eek:

PS...Make sure your in...and "Bar Rag Breath" (aka RBL) is out...:rolleyes:

Don't be mess with me today and don't be sarcastic you know I'm TIRED!!!! :mad: If i send him anywhere I'll send him by you so he can cut your lawn since your an illegal alien employer :rolleyes:

OX-OXycotin housewife :D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
But I do still know how to do it:eek: .

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@3DQdL4GNAd2IAsm1JAiX3KQLd3MPbt2NCAa4ONRy3XQdL3XQmm3XEFu3XCIH4XNCJ4XMGA2dAsm1dBIw1dOGu1dOHk1eAiX1eNPa1eNpP1eAbK3fQLd3fPsa3fQCl4fNYt4fNaj4fFJi3hPbt4hNwB1hNvy2hQpr3hQAo2iCAa1iOYe1iFrb1iOJb1iFjb2iBkf@[/CUETABLE]

One of your better WEI tables....GO TO WORK....because,...in the words of our venerable "know it all"...You're only working because you couldn't make it hustling pool...:rolleyes:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fanatic said:
Don't be mess with me today and don't be sarcastic you know I'm TIRED!!!! If i send him anywhere I'll send him by you so he can cut your lawn since your an illegal alien employer :rolleyes:

OX-OXycotin housewife :D

You wouldn't be so tired, if you'd quit flirting with Bernie...:p You really came to life when the Bern man took the mike...;)

PS..I hire ALL illegal aliens, for cooking, cleaning, landscaping...even snow blowing (when needed)...:eek: