Alex vs. Jose 2000 World One-Pocket

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's a race to 4, Parica has the lower left-hand pocket, where the cueball is. How would you play safe from here?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it's Jose's shot.

Jose's Shot.Jpeg

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Need something strong

Need something strong

Best I can do with the diagram. I do not take instruction well. In a year or two I'll get CaliRed's instruct down.

This is the only thing that I see that will preserve Jose's position. The back ball (6) must be dealt with.

Beard

Attachments

• Jose's Shot.Jpeg
    Jose's Shot.Jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Best I can do with the diagram. I do not take instruction well. In a year or two I'll get CaliRed's instruct down.

This is the only thing that I see that will preserve Jose's position. The back ball (6) must be dealt with.

Beard
There's nothing wrong with that diagram Freddy:) . We all start somewhere.

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
There's nothing wrong with that diagram Freddy:) . We all start somewhere.

I see in that diagram clear evidence of a systems man. :)

Skin

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
fred bentivegna said:

Beard

Wouldnt it be better to leave the 4 ball there to prevent access to the 8 ball.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
jtompilot said:

That's the way I see it as well. By allowing your opponent to see the 8 ball is a mistake, and i'm really surprised The Beard didn't see that.:confused:

Billy I.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Three positive balls

Three positive balls

jtompilot said:

The oppo has 3 positive balls. I just removed 2 of them. However, I didnt put my oppo in any serious trouble because he still has the 8 ball to work with, but you can only do so much sometimes. You just have to hope for a better opportunity after he plays off of the 8 ball. It often takes a series of small moves to finalize a winning position.

Beard

Trickling off the side of the 6 as you are probably suggesting might very well leave a look at the 14, the least ball that you would like your oppo to see.
If you position the cue ball where he cant see the 14 he then has a good angle to play safe off of the 4 or the 8.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Fanatic said:
I would just play this focusing on speed control and putting the qball on the rail.....very dangerous if he decides to shoot

View attachment 1464

XOXO

Almost ok, but he can still play safe off the side of the 8 ball, and the 4 and 6 are still in play on his side. Plus, if you dont let the cue ball run all the way down to the bottom rail, looking to snooker him on the 8, you will probably expose the 14.

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I think in this situation that it's a good idea to decide which balls you don't want to shoot and then narrow it down from there. Jose needs 8 balls so he doesn't want to needlessly tie up the 1,2,3,5,7,9,13, & 14. The 6 is not a good ball to play safe off of, that leaves the 4 and the 8 balls to shoot.

At least that's how I look at layouts like this.

Dennis

Fanatic

Verified Member
Your right Dennis and Freddy maybe he pocketed the 4ball in the side pocket (if it can be) solving the 8ball problem by having the two balls on the spot; also the position of the qball would protect the balls by his pocket...that seems more logical...looking foward to seeing the solution here
XOXO

P.S---posted something else and it got deleted.... I changed my mind...womans perogative and all ;) :D

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
fanny i also thought about pocketing the shot after reading peoples concern over leaving the 8 naked there to shoot at
this is trying to show pocketing the ball. there is one yellow arrow i couldnt erase. you can figure out which one pretty easily.
lets see if this attenpt worked.
i give myself a B on this diagram.
much thanks to dennis for guidance on teaching me how to greenshot a layout
greg of course your tutorial was very helpful and appreciated

aj#3.jpg

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i dont see the answer to this but almost anywhere you leave the q up table where these shots leave the q you know the layout for jose wont be as rosy next time he comes to the table.
do you move joses balls toward your hole or do you start moving them up table little by little? the score suggests to start moving the up table but it looks like there must be a way to reaarange alot of furniture to alexs side with his next shot.
we will see the safety and what was available soon from dennis but before he posts it any thoughts on the above.
of course if someon has another shot post it.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
androd said:
I have a short attention span, most posts here are confusing and I've never figured out whose shot it is.:confused:
Rod.
I got ya topped Rod..I've got that and A.D.D. I've had to re-read several of the what shot to shoot threads to figure out who's doin what to whom.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
there is one yellow arrow i couldnt erase. you can figure out which one pretty easily.
To delete an arrow or line or any other object: place your cursor arrow on it and left-click one time. There will now be a small black rectangle at either end of it. There are now two ways to delete it. The little red circle that is in the upper row of tools is a delete button. Click on it and the arrow that you highlighted will be deleted.

The other way is to press "delete" on your keyboard after selecting the object to delete.

Dennis

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
fred bentivegna said:
The oppo has 3 positive balls. I just removed 2 of them. However, I didnt put my oppo in any serious trouble because he still has the 8 ball to work with, but you can only do so much sometimes. You just have to hope for a better opportunity after he plays off of the 8 ball. It often takes a series of small moves to finalize a winning position.

Beard

Trickling off the side of the 6 as you are probably suggesting might very well leave a look at the 14, the least ball that you would like your oppo to see.
If you position the cue ball where he cant see the 14 he then has a good angle to play safe off of the 4 or the 8.

There is too much traffic in front of my hole, so if he wants to move the 14 have at it.

One Pocket John

Verified Member
I like making the 2 in the side and the cue ball hitting the 6 on the right side. The 2 comes down to spot behind the 8. With any luck the cue ball will end up on the head rail (or close to it) speed would be critical.

Just my 0.02

John

Fanatic

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
To delete an arrow or line or any other object: place your cursor arrow on it and left-click one time. There will now be a small black rectangle at either end of it. There are now two ways to delete it. The little red circle that is in the upper row of tools is a delete button. Click on it and the arrow that you highlighted will be deleted.

The other way is to press "delete" on your keyboard after selecting the object to delete.

Dennis

Or you can do what I do....press the color green that best matches the table cloth and color over it :eek: :D
XOXO