Geezer Coming Home

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Played til 3:30 am Saturday morning (lost) and missed my flight (Sr moment).

Agreement was to play til 1 am & quit. At 1am I was winners and agreed to play another race to three. I could have won $1,200 or lost $400 (including SJD's side bet). I won the first two games and started falling dead. He (Preacher Ronn) played better than he did since we jacked the bet earlier in the match. He made a 4 railer (Diamond plays short) to get in one game and ultimately win it and a couple of back cut long rail banks the hill/hill game to get it down to where we both needed one. I made the game ball and scratched, played a weak safety and blew the cheese. Combine that with missing my flight home and I am not having a good day.

Girlfriend is pissed, she was on the way to pick me up. Might have to take a cab home from the airport.

Had a nice week with SJD and was in lots of action. Would have been just about even for the trip except for that *******scratch on game ball.

I'll get over it and be back in action in a few days. One pocket tournament at Family Billiards in San Francisco next weekend.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I feel for you buddy,

Nothing like draining the game ball and scratching....:mad:

although, I am sure you have a bunch of games lined up to get your money back.

Dud

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Dudley said:
I feel for you buddy,

Nothing like draining the game ball and scratching....:mad:

although, I am sure you have a bunch of games lined up to get your money back.

Dud

$1200 turnaround and I know I was pushing it after already playing 8+ hours but greed taught me a lesson again. Won't be the last time.

Just found out flight is delayed 30 minutes.

Fanatic

Verified Member
Make sure you buy your girl some flowers....she won't be mad for long... make sure there colorful and bright .... tell her they reminded you of her .... just a little womanly advice:) Have a good flight
XOXO

P.S---Maybe you should tell her it was all SJD's fault:D

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
John, I hope somehow you can convey to someone here, to draw the shot you scratched on, so we can all feel your pain more. That's a heartbreaker there.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Fanatic said:
Make sure you buy your girl some flowers....she won't be mad for long... make sure there colorful and bright .... tell her they reminded you of her .... just a little womanly advice:) Have a good flight
XOXO

P.S---Maybe you should tell her it was all SJD's fault:D

I already told her that IT WAS ALL HIS FAULT. She knows better.

RedCard

Verified Member
Trip

Trip

Some of these posts might constitute one of the most public, real time and truthful accounts of a road trip ever. Good luck on the next one.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Naturally

Naturally

RedCard said:
Some of these posts might constitute one of the most public, real time and truthful accounts of a road trip ever. Good luck on the next one.

Could you have expected any less from John H?

Beard

Don't fret John, by Derby time I will have constructed enough of a case of simulated animosity to allow me to shoot your nuts off in short rack. I've decided to not give you the same pass we've been giving Obama, that is, overlooking your associations.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I was there to see your scratch John, you made a nice bank and it just barely scratched, damn whitey! I hope you come back out again, wish you could play in the tourney coming up in 2 weeks. :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Let sleeping dog's lie...

Let sleeping dog's lie...

I'm sure John's "associations" would have been better served with someone the caliber of, oh say, Detroit Whitey.

Some people differ greatly, in their choice of room mates, or road pals...Enjoyed the week more losing a few dollars with John, than some guy's I've booked winners with...
It felt good knowing I would wake up with the same amount of $$$ I went to sleep with...;)

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
fred bentivegna said:
Could you have expected any less from John H?

Beard

Don't fret John, by Derby time I will have constructed enough of a case of simulated animosity to allow me to shoot your nuts off in short rack. I've decided to not give you the same pass we've been giving Obama, that is, overlooking your associations.

SJD, will of course, be in with me if that will give you sufficient motivation.

jrhendy said:

Hope it does. Would love to see Freddy show us his stuff.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
That oughta do it

That oughta do it

jrhendy said:

However, if you and I were on the road there would probably be less drinking, less fun, and more winning. The fun comes later when we would get to giggling about all the victim's.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Musta missed it !!!

Musta missed it !!!

SJDinPHX said:
I'm sure John's "associations" would have been better served with someone the caliber of, oh say, Detroit Whitey.

Some people differ greatly, in their choice of room mates, or road pals...Enjoyed the week more losing a few dollars with John, than some guy's I've booked winners with...It felt good knowing I would wake up with the same amount of $$$ I went to sleep with...;)

Apparently post #10 bears repeating...:rolleyes:...It doesn't take a rocket scientest to figure out that winning is better than losing. But our tight schedule did not allow time for stalling, nut-hunting, or even re-matches...We knew we weren't stealing...but at least we got up and played..:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Gettin' up and boogie'n

Gettin' up and boogie'n

I would never cast aspersions on anybody who just got up and played. I spent the majority of my career doing just that. Seldom stalling or nut-hunting. I wish that the whole pool community would do just that. Unfortunately, the culture has devolved into unbounded nittery.
The thing that I love most about John H is, he aint patient. The reason I quit going into Chris's Billiards is because the majority of the pool cadre could just sit there for weeks and months, just waiting for something to keel over in front of them before they would "roll" into action. Never minding that the amenities of the room were set on zero. Stinky, dark and dirty, with a sh*t TV for amusement.
The propensity for those people to concede to wasting valuable earth time in order to never book a loser, astounded me. That amount of discipline actually borders on yogic spiritualism. I have to admit, they are better men than I am, Gunga Din.

My point in the no-fun post, and it wasnt much of a point, it was more of a series of cute, snide remarks directed at my antagonist. I was just thinking about how my batting average, which wasnt all that high to begin with, went directly into the toilet when I began filling my beak with cocaine. Looking back, I figure I performed well on coke about 1 out of 5 outings. That's an 80% negative, but I did have big fun --during. The analogy simply being, coke/drinking = same result.

Beard

Last edited:

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
I know one thing. The Beard and SJD are dead nuts even in the witty quip department :D

The Beard: "..because the majority of the pool cadre could just sit there for weeks and months, just waiting for something to keel over in front of them before they would "roll" into action.”

SJD: "Some people differ greatly, in their choice of room mates, or road pals......It felt good knowing I would wake up with the same amount of $$$ I went to sleep with..."

Deeman

Verified Member
Clare said:
Hope it does. Would love to see Freddy show us his stuff.

I hope this ain't a reference to Brett Farve showing his stuff! :)

DeeMan

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Setting the record straight...

Setting the record straight...

fred bentivegna said:
I would never cast aspersions on anybody who just got up and played. I spent the majority of my career doing just that. Seldom stalling or nut-hunting. I wish that the whole pool community would do just that. Unfortunately, the culture has devolved into unbounded nittery.
My point in the no-fun post, and it wasnt much of a point, it was more of a series of cute, snide remarks directed at my antagonist. Beard

This calls for a direct response. I have always looked on you as someone who WOULD get up and play. I have never infered that you were a "lock artist" or a "nit"...(except for an occasional "Chicago" tease)...John H. and I definately fall in the "will play" catagory too.

Speaking of win/loss records, I completely agree that being high (or drunk) can change those statistics dramatically. I will also say, that I usually managed to confine my high $$$ gambling, to being (mostly) sober, and in control of my emotions. However, since I can no longer draw my ball, I find myself increasingly frustrated, and occasionaly will over-imbibe, while "getting up and playing"...The locals have been loving it..;)

You continually refer to me as your "antagonist"...There may be a grain of truth in that, but I would prefer the word "needler"...The only times I have taken you to task, is when you go ballistic on me for "taking you to task", for your excessive (dare I say) braggadacio.

Believe it or not, I do like you, but your Damon Runyonistic demeanor just awakens the needler in me...I just can't help myself, any more than you can help your shameless self promotion....Also, you seem to take these things MUCH more seriously than I do. I wish you would learn to take my "aspersions" a little more gracefully. They are all in jest. (unless you really piss me off)...:D :p :D

Sand Duck <---Does not want any "diabolical" ememies...:eek:

Last edited:

PreacherRonn

Verified Member
From
Mesa, AZ
You wore me out. I got up the first 4 games, jacked the bet and then you never missed anything. The next thing I know I'm stuck $400 and side betting with SJD. Then you jumped out and won the next two in a race to 3, wasn't looking good for me. Wormed my way back and had an exciting hill, hill game (too exciting). I look forward to playing again. Sorry you missed your plane. LOL:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
PreacherRonn said:
You wore me out. I got up the first 4 games, jacked the bet and then you never missed anything. The next thing I know I'm stuck $400 and side betting with SJD. Then you jumped out and won the next two in a race to 3, wasn't looking good for me. Wormed my way back and had an exciting hill, hill game (too exciting). I look forward to playing again. Sorry you missed your plane. LOL:)

Like our California Governor says "I'll be Back". Will have to pump up on the locals first.