Joyner vs. Surber 2007 D.C.C.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
It looks like he had the angle to two rail kick the 15 ball off the two ball. After the hit it doesn't look like there is room for the q to get pass the six ball to give up an easy shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
It looks like he had the angle to two rail kick the 15 ball off the two ball. After the hit it doesn't look like there is room for the q to get pass the six ball to give up an easy shot.
Here is Franks shot:

Frank's Shot.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Me too

Me too

That was my choice also. Frank beat me to it. I always said, a measure of a man's intelligence is how much he agrees with you.

Beard

Fanatic

Verified Member
Is this a special program? How are you guys drawing these lines?
XOXO

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
That was my choice also. Frank beat me to it. I always said, a measure of a man's intelligence is how much he agrees with you.

Beard
Actually Freddy, what you always said is "A measure of a man's intelligence is how much he agrees with YOU":) .

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Aah, but do we have a free cross-corner bank on that 10?ball? - cueball following straight ahead to end up on the long rail, at the second diamond.

- Ghost

PS, Plus, the angle may look a tad short, but, the DCC cloth is almost new and rolling a little long - maybe making the angle just right.

Fanatic

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Fanny,

Some are saving the pic to MS Paint and adding lines & arrows, some are using "Greenshot" to save pics and add lines & arrows, and others are doing something else.

P.S. CaliRed explains it here: http://onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4357

Dennis

Well I guess I won't be drawing any lines :( I'm going with Ghostie here...since Dennis said he didn't run out...then I have to assume that he left the qball down table....safe from all those points by his opponents pocket...if I were him I would like to bring a ball by my hole and protect the qball behind the 1 and 8 balls...which leads me to the free bank on the 10...i'll also make an assumption that it somehow comboed into the 14....but thats just a guess...if he played the 2 rail kick than I can't see why he couldn't run out from there
XOXO

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
Aah, but do we have a free cross-corner bank on that 10?ball? - cueball following straight ahead to end up on the long rail, at the second diamond.

- Ghost

PS, Plus, the angle may look a tad short, but, the DCC cloth is almost new and rolling a little long - maybe making the angle just right.

If the tables real fast and banking long it look's good. I didn't like it because I didn't think I could control the CB with it on the rail. I forget how fast some tourney tables play. Good Eye Ghost. ;)
Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's Mikes shot. He doesn't run out but makes a real nice shot. What would you do?
I'm not going to say what he did, because I've studied the shot he took. Suffice to say that I would never have thought of his selection, and Mike hit it brilliantly. He put a ball near his hole, and put Joyner in jail...:cool:

Doc

Fanatic

Verified Member
Maybe he banked the 1 (?) off the edge of 13 (?) and parked the qball behind the cluster....I still would probably shoot Ghosts shot but that seems like a viable option as well....and Joyner would definetly be in prison with that shot...without actually being there it's tough to decide.
XOXO

P.S ....Dennis your really an asset to this site; these layouts are always fun, educational and resourceful...Thank You ;)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I have this match, but I don't recall this shot. Looks to me like he can go between the 1 and 9, banking the 13 toward his hole and following down with the CB to a safe spot near Joyner's pocket. He showed lots of imagination in this match and executed well.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
vapros said:
I have this match, but I don't recall this shot. Looks to me like he can go between the 1 and 9, banking the 13 toward his hole and following down with the CB to a safe spot near Joyner's pocket. He showed lots of imagination in this match and executed well.

Yeah v, I looked at that, didn't think there was room to get through there, if there is room, that's another good shot choice here.

- Ghost

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fanatic said:
Maybe he banked the 1 (?) off the edge of 13 (?) and parked the qball behind the cluster....I still would probably shoot Ghosts shot but that seems like a viable option as well....and Joyner would definetly be in prison with that shot...without actually being there it's tough to decide.
XOXO

P.S ....Dennis your really an asset to this site; these layouts are always fun, educational and resourceful...Thank You ;)
Fanny,

You win a cookie!!! I must owe you at least two now:) . Here's what Mike shot:

CUsersDennisPicturesCapturedPicture_4.jpg

And, of course, here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_5.Jpeg

P.S. You, sweetheart, are the asset to this site. I would have zero reason to post anything if it wasn't for the responders:D .

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Right

Right

Cowboy Dennis said:
Actually Freddy, what you always said is "A measure of a man's intelligence is how much he agrees with YOU":) .

I thought that was what I said. If I didnt that was certainly what I meant.

Beard

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Fanatic said:
XOXO

You go girl !
Good Eye. ;)
Rod.