Dress code

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
The name doesn't sound familiar, but could've known him by sight. Who was he?
Here's a picture of him from 1993, he's in the middle in the blue shirt. He was like a poor man's Johnathon Winter's, non-stop jokes and quick wit. They happened so fast I could only remember the last one he told, but most were funny as heck. I think he was on Fernwood tonight and may have been one of the writers you mentioned. He loved 3-cushion and was a director of many tourneys including the nationals. Hung out at Tiff's and was very close with George Aronek.

received_2016852598619645~2.jpeg

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Right on all counts Dave. He was quick with a quip and laugh. He looked a little like Ronnie Allen, he worked for George A. at his factory and was in some position at one time for the BFUSA.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Here's a picture of him from 1993, he's in the middle in the blue shirt. He was like a poor man's Johnathon Winter's, non-stop jokes and quick wit. They happened so fast I could only remember the last one he told, but most were funny as heck. I think he was on Fernwood tonight and may have been one of the writers you mentioned. He loved 3-cushion and was a director of many tourneys including the nationals. Hung out at Tiff's and was very close with George Aronek.
He looks vaguely familiar, but not sure if he hung at Tiff's in the late '60s. The guy to his right looks familiar too.

Bob Jewett

Verified Member
From
Berkeley, CA
Great picture with you and Bob Byrne. I never met Byrne, but I still chuckle when thinking about some of the humorous stories he told in his books...😄 Of course he and Bob Jewett were very close friends.
I met Bob Byrne in 1975 when I started to play in Harry's Novato Billiards -- I was in the right place at the right time. He was writing his first instructional book at the time. Diab once ran a 13 on me (the highest I've had against me) on a table at Harry's that played a diamond or so short.

Derek Knell was a USBA director for a while and ran a lot of 3C tournaments.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Was at the Golf course watchin' a few friends tee off....this was ''posted'' at the pro shop....

Wouldn't take much in a real pool room to have something similar, but allow tee shirts if they are new, not ripped/tattered/torn/stained. Same goes with your pants/shorts. Just be presentable is all.

I know Collard spelling is wrong. Collared.

Attachments

• 0927200647.jpg
    0927200647.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Reactions: lll