5 rack game?

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6ZQLpKUNQGz8vGXp8

Billy Jackets this is how I am going to go about correcting my bad habits. Videoing taping for my own use and re-viewing. Hopefully in doing this then the next 5 rack video I will then have those unwanted habits cleaned up.
I noticed I had bridge hand movement. I paused my stroke a few times. I am not doing a pre-shot routine very well. Mr3c book really help me realize that the pre-shot routine is so important so I developed a similar routine that he uses, and it really improved my shot making. Keith McCready used this method, very methodical pre-shot routine but when he got down it was 2 -3 stroke, I recall this from the 80's.
I want to pre-stroke in the air and then bring the cue directly down onto the cue ball on target. Now I am bringing the cue down along side the cue ball and then pull back into position.
Your critique of this video welcomed! On the first shot I was considering in shooting it to double out of the corner two rails to lay on those two stripes. In cutting the 10 with draw I wanted to just nick the 15 and get shape on it. It now appears in reviewing I could of drawn down to the head rail and back. These are things I need to consider instead of having my focus so narrow minded. thanks, Whitey
I'm sure those areas will be fixed in the next series, you are still serious about your game!

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Sometimes we love this game, sometimes we hate it. Here's an example of both in one 5 rack game. ❤😭

I revisited the running English kick break...

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Dave, your MOT Calcutta stock has gone up, plus the guys are going to play you to the other hole! Whitey
Yes, 1 out of 30 or so racks I play well. How do you hanicap that? 😂🤬 But with that said, I wish I didn't miss that easy shot in the 3rd rack, with that dead one it could have been a good run. This game is maddening, I thought it would be my high run but it turned into a 20 grrr.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I think at the next mot I want to play whitey banks...he has posted some impressive shots...nothing like seeing the shot in person, at least it gives me the speed of the hit...

I will post one albeit it will be embarrassing...

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I think at the next mot I want to play whitey banks...he has posted some impressive shots...nothing like seeing the shot in person, at least it gives me the speed of the hit...

Agree, that Whitey can bank. His taking the time to recreate situations then shooting the eyes out of balls for us is a treasure

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I'm sure those areas will be fixed in the next series, you are still serious about your game!

There is no embarrassment if you try as hard as you can, do you know who consistently does well ?
Players who play 10 hours a day every day, the rest falter.
This is a great game to play, to show where your strengths and weaknesses are , so do everything right that you can , so you get a true picture of what is going on .

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VpJoS1TaFGVsK3oc8
I got an easy 23 with this break, I miss played a combo that otherwise would of had me at 29 for 3 racks.
But, anyway with the way Dave's and Catkin's balls open up this just might work. I seem to get a group of four or five that still cluster, but I enjoy working the balls, it is good for that, and working combo's, and below the stack.
Whitey

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VpJoS1TaFGVsK3oc8
I got an easy 23 with this break, I miss played a combo that otherwise would of had me at 29 for 3 racks.
But, anyway with the way Dave's and Catkin's balls open up this just might work. I seem to get a group of four or five that still cluster, but I enjoy working the balls, it is good for that, and working combo's, and below the stack.
Whitey
Another nice break, Whitey. Thanks I'll give it a try and hopefully I won't have a negative score. Hahaha