Chip Compton is the next great American One Pocket Player

BRLongArm

Verified Member
Over the past year, we have watched Chip Compton in three big action matches. In the first, he was considered the underdog against Scott Frost. He dusted Frost off in an 8 ahead match in about six hours. Then he really stepped up and challenged Tony Chohan on his home turf in Oklahoma City. He lost 24-19, but showed heart and never quit. Finally, he played the latest Filipino killer, Roberto Gomez and he trounced him in convincing fashion, 24-16. Chip always had a high gear, but he was erratic. You never knew which Chip would show up. I think those days are over.

We have seen Evan Lunda progress in the last few years, but he is not ready. His youth and immaturity keep him from fighting hard every time he plays. We know Justin Hall has the greatness in him, but not the drive. There are times when Justin truly hates the game. Danny Smith has shown us his true genius, but not the focus or desire. I once thought he was the one, but his mental makeup is not strong enough to avoid the traps so familiar to great pool players.

Chip Compton has now emerged as ready for prime time. He has become a great American player, joining Chohan, SVB, Deuel and Frost. We should expect great things from the Oklahoman. He is no longer a dark horse anymore.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lets see some more action matches with him in the box
i have a premium subscription from poolactiontv.com
so for a year i get to see it all
its a great deal and i recommend to everyone to buy it

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Over the past year, we have watched Chip Compton in three big action matches. In the first, he was considered the underdog against Scott Frost. He dusted Frost off in an 8 ahead match in about six hours. Then he really stepped up and challenged Tony Chohan on his home turf in Oklahoma City. He lost 24-19, but showed heart and never quit. Finally, he played the latest Filipino killer, Roberto Gomez and he trounced him in convincing fashion, 24-16. Chip always had a high gear, but he was erratic. You never knew which Chip would show up. I think those days are over.

We have seen Evan Lunda progress in the last few years, but he is not ready. His youth and immaturity keep him from fighting hard every time he plays. We know Justin Hall has the greatness in him, but not the drive. There are times when Justin truly hates the game. Danny Smith has shown us his true genius, but not the focus or desire. I once thought he was the one, but his mental makeup is not strong enough to avoid the traps so familiar to great pool players.

Chip Compton has now emerged as ready for prime time. He has become a great American player, joining Chohan, SVB, Deuel and Frost. We should expect great things from the Oklahoman. He is no longer a dark horse anymore.

About six months ago I was talking to Evan about Chip. I asked if he was better than Chip and he said he was. I think Evan is capable but I personally don’t think can get there, especially a three day event.

catkins

Verified Member
From
boulder creek ca
I found chip a really nice guy to hang with as well as being a great player. My budy told me when tony played him when he first got back he said he was the straightest shooter he had ever played. I wish him the best in everything he does as I find it super nice to find a great champion with a great attitude as well. Just a fun guy to be around.