Baby Huey's OP Shot!

baby huey

Verified Member
Thanks to Whitey for loading this video. I was practicing at my room when i remembered this shot Efren made against me about ten years ago in a match I had with him. The balls were frozen and he couldn't wait to get into the shot. He made it and ran four and out to take the lead in our match. What I won't say right now is how he made the shot and then in the video I made it as well. I did make it on the first take suprisingly and I should have shown a close up but suffice it to say the bottom ball the ten is about 1/4 inch offf the rail and frozen to the the two ball. The two ball is pointing to about one third up the side rail. Good luck trying it.

Seb Pauchon

From
Vevey - Switzerland
What a nice shot, thanks for sharing!
It took me a couple of tries, but it's a nice addition to one's repertoire (even though you might have to wait for a while before encountering it...).

Cheers
seb

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
That's a pretty shot. And may I say that anyone who made that on me, I'd quit him anyway!..😄
Yeah if they make that on me , we will be playing Chinese Checkers next , nothing involving balls. That reminds me of a trick shot where you wet the sides of the balls, but obviously that didn't happen.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
great shot! I do not have access to a table to try it and I have never seen it before but just an off the head guess..do you it rail first, then spin into the 12 with RHE? Since the 12 is frozen to the 2, the 12 shouldn't be stopped from hitting the 2, but instead should be following behind it. Or maybe you hit the 12 first to start the 2 moving, then the CB hits the rail and with your RHE it spins into the 12 a second contact to push it towards the hole? Hmm maybe that's the ticket?

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
I am curious whether it was a kick hit or simultaneous. Appeared to me to be upper right cueing.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Could someone explain how that shot works please?
nice shot.....(y)
I have had a little longer time to review the video, and I think I got it figure out, and one guy on here has made it but keep silent. Larry, I think Baby Huey wants members to put it to the table, and not just say how it is made, fi they know! So I am keeping silent as to how I think it is made. Of course I'll be trying it. I'll b surprised if I am wrong.
So tell me this, if you were presented with this shot, then could you figure it out. Well, I just have to wonder what background Efren had in figuring this out and then executing. I have to further wonder if Baby Huey then afterwards talked to him about it. Efren might not give up that info. Whitey

baby huey

Verified Member
I did drop my drawers when Efren made this shot but what hurt more was the ten and outs he made against me. This shot came up at three three in games going to five. He was playing me 10/7 for $500 at my room. It was actually a free roll as I would've paid him the $500 for and exhibition. I'll explain the shot after a few more threads are posted.

unoperro

Verified Member
Great shot nice video!

There are many shots that once you have seen them you recognize them again as they occur.

You cant know what you dont know.

baby huey

Verified Member
So this shot is a kick. The two balls need to be frozen or nearly frozen. The shot requires high spin and low speed. You have to thin the ball struck, in this case with right side spin. As both the cue ball and the object ball contact the cushion, the cue ball kicks the object ball into the pocket. You have to practice it to gain confidence and lastly you have to recognize it when it comes up. It might not come up in a hundred games. These shots are fun to make and take time to master.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Nice shot Efren, I mean Jerry. Thanks for posting it.

Edit: I just noticed the first ball you hit is not frozen on the rail. I misread it as the second ball was 1/4" off the rail so I was freezing the first ball to the rail. I'll try again later.

Last edited: