What's everybody doing within or outside of the parameters of our lockdown?

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Well I had a black out depression day that my refusing to let it take control completely exhausted myself. I woke up after a poor nights sleep. But in my mind, it was dark. A ten pound weight on each shoulder. Feet like stone, legs, ugh. I had a list of things to do from the day before. Determined not to let this manifestation of doom take away my day, the fight began. Getting dressed and out the door only took an hour. Then off to deliver returns. Assessors office, then the post office, the optometrist, Mac repair, yogurt, and back home. Still black but not in bed. Bunch of busy work to keep busy. Pulling weeds. Picking up shingles. Getting the food bowls ready for the cats and then eating. At the end of the day, I spent a little time on an eagle hunt. Usually by this time of year, there are many eagles, but just our local residents on hand. Finally at five, I gave up and went to bed. It was a battle and life is good again. This type of thing used to hit me for weeks, because I let it. No more. Who wants to come visit and play pool? Mask available. Covid-19 safe.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well I had a black out depression day that my refusing to let it take control completely exhausted myself. I woke up after a poor nights sleep. But in my mind, it was dark. A ten pound weight on each shoulder. Feet like stone, legs, ugh. I had a list of things to do from the day before. Determined not to let this manifestation of doom take away my day, the fight began. Getting dressed and out the door only took an hour. Then off to deliver returns. Assessors office, then the post office, the optometrist, Mac repair, yogurt, and back home. Still black but not in bed. Bunch of busy work to keep busy. Pulling weeds. Picking up shingles. Getting the food bowls ready for the cats and then eating. At the end of the day, I spent a little time on an eagle hunt. Usually by this time of year, there are many eagles, but just our local residents on hand. Finally at five, I gave up and went to bed. It was a battle and life is good again. This type of thing used to hit me for weeks, because I let it. No more. Who wants to come visit and play pool? Mask available. Covid-19 safe.
That's an impressive story, Bill. Those who have never suffered clinical depression episodes don't realize how crippling and deathly bleak they can be. I admire you for the fortitude to try to rise above the impairment and go about your activities. That takes some strength and determination.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
That's an impressive story, Bill. Those who have never suffered clinical depression episodes don't realize how crippling and deathly bleak they can be. I admire you for the fortitude to try to rise above the impairment and go about your activities. That takes some strength and determination.

It is like a curtain gets drawn over your eyes. No matter how nice the day may be or how great it is where you live, you cannot see it. They say talking about it will help others. I hope so. Thanks Doc.

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Thanks for giving us a glimpse into a day in your life. I don't think I could be so brave to write about it, and I hope by naming it you are on the way to defeating it or at least setting aside again. Go get them weeds! I'd love to come up and play some pool some day, covid or no damn covid. Hang in there, my friend.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It is like a curtain gets drawn over your eyes. No matter how nice the day may be or how great it is where you live, you cannot see it. They say talking about it will help others. I hope so. Thanks Doc.
That's a good description. Everything in one's mind goes dark...black. Every single thing is working against you. Sometimes looking to a higher power helps; but then the question can arise, "What if my Higher Power is willing me to be depressed??"... Well, at least that gets one's mind off of it for a bit...:cautious: Yeah, I think you're right: talking to others helps. At least it slackens the chain.

beatle

Verified Member
bill, you are a pool player and a gambler. that is what you do and like to do. that is what you need to do.

go find a poolroom somewhere and start going to it and bark up a few games. you are good at that.

good luck buddy.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
bill, you are a pool player and a gambler. that is what you do and like to do. that is what you need to do.

go find a poolroom somewhere and start going to it and bark up a few games. you are good at that.

good luck buddy.

True I used to be a pool player and a gambler. It has been awhile since I have won or even played. I have a really nice set up at home but no players. I remember coming to Port Townsend to visit one time and some local had won big in the APA in Vegas. I thought it was nice of him to bring the money from Vegas to me. Then there was a guy who played pretty good and owned a Chinese pool room/restaurant. He was tough. One time I came up and Todd Marsh was playing him. He saw me and asked if I wanted to play. I said yes but not after driving 14 hours. I put an ad in the local FB page but no one responded. So if anyone wants to play, here, bark, bark, bark.

chicagomike

Verified Member
Looks like you all have been up to some productive living and are capable of overachieving once you get your butts out of the pool rooms! At the beginning of this thing our local food pantry reached out looking to align with photographers for family porch project pictures. So far i've taken pics of 70 families with all proceeds going to the food pantry. We've raised about $9,000.00. It's been good for me and given the opportunity to connect with a bunch of families I would have never met. It is leading to some upcoming opportunities for some new business once we return to normalized living...although this may be the new normal for a while.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Looks like you all have been up to some productive living and are capable of overachieving once you get your butts out of the pool rooms! At the beginning of this thing our local food pantry reached out looking to align with photographers for family porch project pictures. So far i've taken pics of 70 families with all proceeds going to the food pantry. We've raised about $9,000.00. It's been good for me and given the opportunity to connect with a bunch of families I would have never met. It is leading to some upcoming opportunities for some new business once we return to normalized living...although this may be the new normal for a while.
Mike good for you!!! Nice to help in times like this. Keith

Patrick Johnson

Verified Member
Feeling a little guilty, because unlike lots of pool players I have access to my home-away-from-home room (Pressure Billiards in my neighborhood) - but have been unable to practice because of my weakened post-surgery state. Finally came in and shot a few practice racks today, but still can't last more than a couple of racks without huffing and puffing. It's been more than a month since I last hit a ball - I can see the old pool player in there, but he won't come out to play yet... I'll keep nagging him.

pj
chgo

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Feeling a little guilty, because unlike lots of pool players I have access to my home-away-from-home room (Pressure Billiards in my neighborhood) - but have been unable to practice because of my weakened post-surgery state. Finally came in and shot a few practice racks today, but still can't last more than a couple of racks without huffing and puffing. It's been more than a month since I last hit a ball - I can see the old pool player in there, but he won't come out to play yet... I'll keep nagging him.

pj
chgo
It’s more than you could do a month ago
You might develop a new stroke

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
pj
chgo
Keep it up, my man. You'll get stronger by the week. I bet you're glad that the surgery has passed!

boingo

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I'm still working but outside of that it's time in the back yard or in other words, business as usual.
Here's a shot of the garden; walnuts, vegetables, oranges, the old playhouse, pomegranates, and my "barn".
Out of view are peaches, avocados, and olives. I used to want a large property like some of you country folk have but now I realize how much work it is!
P1270584.JPG

My daughter's flowers, looking forward to the blooms.
P1270581.JPG

The vegetables include various tomatoes, bush beans, various peppers, eggplants, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, zucchini, cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, various herbs and so on. Don't let the cat fool you, he's got the birds and squirrels terrified... Squatters include a possum and a raccoon. There's a creek about 100 feet behind that back fence and the soil here is great! I can grow right out of the ground with little conditioning or improvement.
P1270589.JPG

It's quite relaxing but at this point I'm dying to get back into the pool room. I'm so desperate I might match up if I can get the right action ;)

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Thats a fabulous garden, I envy you. Just to hot out here in Tucson. Thanks for sharing. Keith

keoneyo

Verified Member
I went out to the yard for 30 minutes and got 8 spider bites. Stupid me for going out with a tshirt and shorts.
Any home remedies you guys use. This suckers itch like hell.