forum upgrade

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I’m with the Doc on this Cincy, it’s very confusing to an old guy like me... Sorry, but I don’t want to have to try and navigate thru whatever needs to be navigated thru, I just wanna log in and be able to see things easily... browse if I so choose and post occasionally if I find something interesting or just want to express an opinion.. Which as of now seems difficult... Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks.... plus I’m just plain lazy...

No need to apologize Jeff. If there is anything specifically that makes this harder or more confusing let me know and I will try to help make it easier!

Should be the exact same; you come in, you click on the forum you want to see, look at unread posts, comment or reply when you want, send and read PMs (and more...)

Happy to help however I can let me know ~

youngstown

Verified Member
When I try to find the forum in Tapatalk I get a code 2209 error. FYI, I tried uploaded the image in this post but got another error.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
When I try to find the forum in Tapatalk I get a code 2209 error. FYI, I tried uploaded the image in this post but got another error.

Unfortunately I dont think Tapatalk works with the new version. You may actually have to view the forums on the site :)

Will still try to find a solution but not optimistic on that one.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Changed the font from 90 down to 80 - let me know what you guys think!

Also shrunk the logo in half, hope that helps!

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
CK,

Don't mean to add to your problems, but, I miss the individual posts being numbered like they used to be. It is harder without a number to refer to, to direct ones attention to a particular post in a thread. Can you ad numbers to the posts?:)

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Unfortunately I dont think Tapatalk works with the new version. You may actually have to view the forums on the site :)

Will still try to find a solution but not optimistic on that one.

Mobile module is coming soon so tapatalk won’t be necessary

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
CK,

Don't mean to add to your problems, but, I miss the individual posts being numbered like they used to be. It is harder without a number to refer to, to direct ones attention to a particular post in a thread. Can you ad numbers to the posts?:)

You don't have the numbers on your posts?

If you want to go to a certain post you can still link to it.

Like if I want to link to your post it would be here:
http://www.onepocket.org/forum/forum/one-pocket-forum/16321-forum-upgrade?p=428641#post428641

When you click the number of the ;post it gives you a direct link to it where you can copy and paste it.

youngstown

Verified Member
Maybe instead of a sticky we default certain threads to be pinned so that new users can read through them and then allow each user to unpin them (at a user setting level)

youngstown

Verified Member
By the way the site is much more mobile friendly maybe I can get used to using it instead of Tapatalk

hankh

Verified Member
From
Arrey, N.M.
Cincy, Howdy;

Think the re-size is nice, although when I viewed prior to signing in the print was less bold, more like before. This isn't bad, just louder feeling ...
This could be about the different formats that are available so I'll experiment some and let ya know. By-the -way... the Header is dialed in (IMO).
Excellent work techie person.

hank

PS, Yup, checked out a few other "Styles" and (you'll laugh), Old School works best for me and is closest to the old forum.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
welp, Mitch stayed on me enough to keep looking for a tapatalk fix which is now in place! Not sure how many users use it but it should be good for now. Also, not sure if push notifications work for it, someone can let me know if they test it, thanks!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey Doc, you don't have these post numbers in the upper right?

That's not a bad idea Mark on the stickies and glad you are liking it better, thanks!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
No numbers show on my computer.

Aha! Are you looking at it in "LATEST ACTIVITY" mode? Mine do not show up there either. But when you change it to "POSTS" you will see Post Numbers. Is it possible to have post numbers show up in LATEST ACTIVITY mode? No idea, but will look into it!

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
well its working for me the same as everyone now. so my personal gripes are over.
new gripes==
i have to scroll down 3 full pages to get to the list of posts. one page is a pic of one pocket logo next is two full pages of stickies. why do i/we have to see them every time we visit. why not make one sticky with all of them listed within.??
font size is great but may be too big as not much over one post fits on a page. cant we control it within the site without making our computer all screwed up?

before,, you opened the site and the list of recent threads were all in front of you and you opened which ones you wanted and they each showed if you had posted in it before and took you to that exact spot. very simple. and i knew the order of them and where to go. now that seems gone.
more to come as i get more confused.
but its coming along and its obvious we are not going back to the simple v bulletin so have to live with this.

beatle...my man...

click on this.....(i couldn't figure it out either ;)) 1p.org screen shot.JPG

1p.org screen shot.JPG