jeff/tom #2

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Larry, Sappo is saying that you didn't give him his cookie!:D

But from here, a safe shot is to follow through the pink 4 ball, the CB rolling to Jeff's side rail. The problem is that it leaves a bank on the brown 7 into the stuff by his hole; and possibly a take-out of a couple of those balls.

A more aggressive shot is to bank the 2 back towards the stuff by his pocket, and try to leave the CB on the head rail, doubling up the 1 & 8 balls.

But Tom probably did something else.;)

~Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Larry, Sappo is saying that you didn't give him his cookie!:D

But from here, a safe shot is to follow through the pink 4 ball, the CB rolling to Jeff's side rail. The problem is that it leaves a bank on the brown 7 into the stuff by his hole; and possibly a take-out of a couple of those balls.

A more aggressive shot is to bank the 2 back towards the stuff by his pocket, and try to leave the CB on the head rail, doubling up the 1 & 8 balls.

But Tom probably did something else.;)

~Doc

doc, I'm always watching my weight, i don't need no stinking cookies!! who do you like between efrin and scott??? keith

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so larry, jeff played my shot choice shot and he hit it very well. i would like to know what tom did from this position. thanks keith

keith i will try to go back and find toms reply
wont be untill sometime tommorrow
i am going to bed....:eek::eek::eek:
while i search
wwyd???

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
keith i will try to go back and find toms reply
wont be untill sometime tommorrow
i am going to bed....:eek::eek::eek:
while i search
wwyd???

larry, if the 1 doesn't pass the 8 then I'm banking the 6 ball down towards the two pink balls, trying to pit a ball very close to my pocket and doubling him up on the 1 and the 8. keith

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i'd thin off the 8 and leave him long
:)

I'm with miller. If you're speed is good you also double him up behind the 6 and he can't bring the cue ball back down to the same position. He's probably going to then, take a foul or try to double you up on the 1 and 8 ball.

Sorry guys, but that shot ain't gonna fly. The chances of your coming off the eight and hooking me behind the six are extremely thin. If you don't get me there I will have so many options it will be hard to decide which is better. I can think of about four good possibilities. Two offensive and two others defensive.

Tom

by miller and daniel slightly repositioning the 8 (and removing the option for him to something narly with it) and leaving whitey high, puts the 1 in play for us and puts the opponent in one of those, as dr. bill calls it, "must perform" situations if he wants to make a play on the 9 cause we got him tripled up otherwise. sure, he can come back under em (maybe even off the 5 if he is feeling froggy) but then we got a freebee.....

i don't like this shot (nice, deft touch - however).......what did it do?

talljeffsjot.jpg

tom tom, this is crazy....just a fraction of an inch off.....

tomtomshot.jpg

sorry to rock the boat. looking forward to tom tom's:

house party.jpg

:D

(i play and see the game like efren from a computer screen....)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so larry, jeff played my shot choice shot and he hit it very well. i would like to know what tom did from this position. thanks keith
keith
i am not sure if the one passed the 8
jeremy jones (commentating)wasnt sure either
tom opted to use the 5 to leave jeff fairly straight on the 8
(the cue ball traveled more parrallel to the side rail going up table)
leaving jeff here

jw65.jpg

jw66.png

jeff decided not to shoot at the 8 or 0ne but 2 railed the 15 out and followed the cue ball to the side rail
and tom and jeff continued to grind on

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Not sure if the 12 ball and end rail will allow me to do this but it looks like I can. I use some low right and come off the 7 over to Jeff's side rail and spin back behind the 10. Even if I hit it bad, it should be easy enough to not leave him a shot by bring the CB over to his side since the 1 doesn't pass the 8.

Like this:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
by miller and daniel slightly repositioning the 8 (and removing the option for him to something narly with it) and leaving whitey high, puts the 1 in play for us and puts the opponent in one of those, as dr. bill calls it, "must perform" situations if he wants to make a play on the 9 cause we got him tripled up otherwise. sure, he can come back under em (maybe even off the 5 if he is feeling froggy) but then we got a freebee.....

i don't like this shot (nice, deft touch - however).......what did it do?

View attachment 15249

tom tom, this is crazy....just a fraction of an inch off.....

View attachment 15250

sorry to rock the boat. looking forward to tom tom's:

View attachment 15251

:D

(i play and see the game like efren from a computer screen....)

Dustin,

While distance is always an ally, in this case not so much. I really looked over my options, being down 3/2 in games and Tom having easy access to at least 5 balls by his pocket I thought kicking at the 4 was my best choice, I needed to protect against getting put back in the same spot, behind those balls along the foot rail. Going up table wouldn't afford that unless the 8 could be paper thinned to a position behind the 6 ball... Very thin cut and very speed sensitive shot... Other places of safe haven up table are scarce, where a reply from Tom would surely have locked me down tight. In the entire match, this kick was probably my favorite shot, because it allowed me to come back to the table and deal with a less critical position.
In short, it saved the match and allowed me to prevail in the end...

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Dustin,

While distance is always an ally, in this case not so much. I really looked over my options, being down 3/2 in games and Tom having easy access to at least 5 balls by his pocket I thought kicking at the 4 was my best choice, I needed to protect against getting put back in the same spot, behind those balls along the foot rail. Going up table wouldn't afford that unless the 8 could be paper thinned to a position behind the 6 ball... Very thin cut and very speed sensitive shot... Other places of safe haven up table are scarce, where a reply from Tom would surely have locked me down tight. In the entire match, this kick was probably my favorite shot, because it allowed me to come back to the table and deal with a less critical position.
In short, it saved the match and allowed me to prevail in the end...

then it was obviously the correct shot :D.

and it was flawlessly executed.

;)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Miller: tom tom, this is crazy....just a fraction of an inch off.....

Dustin, the shot I showed offers Jeff a free attempt at hooking me behind the seven. If it fails and he is off line or the speed is not right it is still okay as long as he doesn't go to the high side of the seven. Worst case is he fouls and gives me an opportunity to put Jeff back where I had him before. If that happens he still has the shot he eventually did play. On the other hand, if he executes the two rail kick to perfection he would have me in a world of hurt.

I like the shot Jeff shot and he hit it beautifully but what he did was escape my trap. He did not put me any trouble with his shot. The trouble came later.

Tom