History of Pool Hustling in the USA

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Here is a little bit more information on the follow up to the email back in June
looking for a one pocket expert in San Francisco. We have set up a meeting at CA Billiards on July 22nd and they have already been to Family Billiards. I talked to Rich (Bucktooth) today and am trying to get him there to talk a bit and possibly play a match with someone they are bringing. If he doesn't make it, as shy as I am, I will fill in.:D

Looks like this will be a quality production and looking forward to it.

Hi John,

Our project is about the History of Pool Hustling in the USA. We are visiting: New York and talking about how pool was brought into the US (via Ellis Island etc), Chicago where we are looking at prohibition and the pool boom that came with The Hustler and Colour of Money, Memphis we are talking about Civil Rights and segregation in pool halls and then San Francisco is where we will be concentrating on One Pocket and the future of pool.

So each episode has different themes. We have been working on the show for 2 months now and most of our locations are scheduled and ready to go (shooting starts next week in NY!). San Francisco was a last minute decision because we had some deliberations about where should be our fourth destination, it was a toss up between New Orleans and SF! Hence, why I only reached out to you very recently – so SF is the only location where we are still pulling things together and arranging our schedule.

Saying that.. We haven’t yet been able to get in touch with California Billiards (time difference etc) but we have had some crew in SF scouting locations and they spoke to Family Billiards and it sounds like Albert Wong was going to let them know that we were interested in filming there.

We have scheduled in meeting you at California Billiards at 1pm on Friday 22nd July and will probably be shooting for a few hours (at most). Does this suit you? If it does and you visit California Billiards any time soon or talk to Chris then it would be great if you could ask them if they would be happy for us to film there on that day?

I hope this all makes sense. I appreciate your help John!

All the best,

Eden

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i look forward to watching the final production
and thanks john for keeping us up to date on whats going on behind the scenes
:)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Sounds like a very interesting project, John

First, Super Senior's champion, and now documentary celebrity! Soon you'll be beset by autograph seekers!!:D

Cheers~
Doc

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Here is a little bit more information on the follow up to the email back in June
looking for a one pocket expert in San Francisco. We have set up a meeting at CA Billiards on July 22nd and they have already been to Family Billiards. I talked to Rich (Bucktooth) today and am trying to get him there to talk a bit and possibly play a match with someone they are bringing. If he doesn't make it, as shy as I am, I will fill in.:D

Looks like this will be a quality production and looking forward to it.

Hi John,

Our project is about the History of Pool Hustling in the USA. We are visiting: New York and talking about how pool was brought into the US (via Ellis Island etc), Chicago where we are looking at prohibition and the pool boom that came with The Hustler and Colour of Money, Memphis we are talking about Civil Rights and segregation in pool halls and then San Francisco is where we will be concentrating on One Pocket and the future of pool.

So each episode has different themes. We have been working on the show for 2 months now and most of our locations are scheduled and ready to go (shooting starts next week in NY!). San Francisco was a last minute decision because we had some deliberations about where should be our fourth destination, it was a toss up between New Orleans and SF! Hence, why I only reached out to you very recently – so SF is the only location where we are still pulling things together and arranging our schedule.

Saying that.. We haven’t yet been able to get in touch with California Billiards (time difference etc) but we have had some crew in SF scouting locations and they spoke to Family Billiards and it sounds like Albert Wong was going to let them know that we were interested in filming there.

We have scheduled in meeting you at California Billiards at 1pm on Friday 22nd July and will probably be shooting for a few hours (at most). Does this suit you? If it does and you visit California Billiards any time soon or talk to Chris then it would be great if you could ask them if they would be happy for us to film there on that day?

I hope this all makes sense. I appreciate your help John!

All the best,

Eden

I wonder where they got the idea that pool was brought into the US through
Ellis Island?