First Annual 1P org Throw-Down

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Let's try the next step (and please limit comments on this thread to "how likely" or where; other comments on the other thread... as people weigh in, I'll edit the list here.)

How likely are you to participate IF:

September 24 and 25.

Either Memphis or New Orleans (state a preference if you have one.)

$100 entry

Double elim, 3/2

No Smoking

State your "how likely" as:

1. Definitely (just means 90% -- shit happens)
2. Probably (70%)
3. Maybe (30%)

If we get more than around 16 players we might need to have the calcutta Fri night and may start matches Sat. morning as early as 10:00.

===========

So far I think we have Definites:

LSJohn
Jeff Sparks
1Pwannabe
Jerry Matchin
Miller
Hardmix
CrabcatJohn
jtompilot
Bill
wgcp
kicker
Jakie
Newkirk
poolandpokerman

if N.O:
Disco Dave
Gulfport Doc
One Pocket Smitty
Frank Almanza
Tyler Bob
DickP

if Memphis:

One Pocket Guy
Rowsey
Milton77
BRLongArm

=========
Probably or Maybe:

lll
Nick B
darmoose
Island Drive
NHSteve
kollegedave
Hendy
Cincy Kid
Cory in dc
============

If I put your name on the wrong part of the list, just say so on this thread and I'll edit this first post.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Under your definition, I am probably to definite on 9/24 and 9/25. My response is the same for either location and for a higher or lower entry fee. The only variable is whether work will be calm enough that I can go.

Thanks for stepping up to organize!

Cory

Let's try the next step (and please limit comments on this thread to "how likely" or where; other comments on the other thread... as people weigh in, I'll edit the list here.)

How likely are you to participate IF:

September 24 and 25.

Either Memphis or New Orleans (state a preference if you have one.)

$100 entry

Double elim, 3/2

No Smoking

State your "how likely" as:

1. Definitely (just means 90% -- shit happens)
2. Probably (70%)
3. Maybe (30%)

If we get more than around 16 players we might need to have the calcutta Fri night and may start matches Sat. morning as early as 10:00.

If I put your name on the wrong part of the list, just say so on this thread and I'll edit this first post.

kicker

Verified Member
I'm interested as a probably. Lacy's is nice and I need to visit a friend in Memphis anyway. Houston works, too, unless it's been ruled out already. (All this assuming I post enough to qualify or someone rules 9 years of lurking as time served.)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm interested as a probably. Lacy's is nice and I need to visit a friend in Memphis anyway. Houston works, too, unless it's been ruled out already. (All this assuming I post enough to qualify or someone rules 9 years of lurking as time served.)

"or someone rules 9 years of lurking as time served."

LOL :D

Prove it, Buster. :lol :lol :lol

Brad, You are IN!

You earned your stripes against Efren. (and a post from 2014 doesn't hurt.) :D

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Hey john thanks for including me but I have no chance of going in September it's booked solid. If it were another time I would do my best to show but that still wouldn't be a definite.

Something at the dcc would be best loc for me and Chicago would be a distant second.

Since those aren't an option in this thread just ignore my comments lol :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I have a wee feeling that September might be too close. 4-6 months might be better. It would give guys more time to make their decisions and plan.

BTW, I suspect that if BRLongArm is "in" for Southaven, then he'd certainly participate in a New Orleans event, seeing as how it's just down the road.;)

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hey john thanks for including me but I have no chance of going in September it's booked solid. If it were another time I would do my best to show but that still wouldn't be a definite.

Something at the dcc would be best loc for me and Chicago would be a distant second.

Since those aren't an option in this thread just ignore my comments lol :)

Sorry, Kid... I must have misunderstood something on the other thread.

Dang, I wish you could be involved.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, Kid... I must have misunderstood something on the other thread.

Dang, I wish you could be involved.

Me too!

I was just looking at my schedule. I get back from Canada SEP 23rd and then I have to be in Nashville, TN for a conference 25-27. However, there's a slight chance that I could get away with showing up at the conference on the 26th which would allow me to make the 24/25 time frame and be only 3 hours away from Nashville if it were held in Memphis.

Ok, I guess leave me in for a "maybe" if it's in Memphis :)

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
A 1

A 1

John, I would be a 90% to play either location. Would prefer a little action with
Disco Dave to make the trip more enjoyable.:) Memphis at HighPockets ???

My wife likes Beale St. I like seafood in NO

I would be 95% if Troutman shows up !!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

BTW, I suspect that if BRLongArm is "in" for Southaven, then he'd certainly participate in a New Orleans event, seeing as how it's just down the road.;)

~Doc

Yes, I think so, but early on he specifically mentioned Memphis, so I have PMd him to verify his interest in NO as well. Maybe there is work or other travel at the scheduled time in the direction of Memphis.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
John,
Sorry, I didn't see this thread before I posted on the other one...

I'm in for either location! I'm driving, N.O. Is 6 hours, and Memphis is 10 hours.
I get a free room in Tunica at the Horseshoe or the Gold Strike ( yep, I'm on the suckers list) so my primary vote goes to Memphis...

Thanks John for carrying the ball on this thing... You da man....:):):)

Jakie

Verified Member
From
Naples Fl
I am a definite for either location. If I qualify- long time lurker. Jeff and John please put a good word in for me.

Thanks

Nick