B. Shuff vs. S. Woodward 2015 D.C.C.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Woodward owed a ball and just ran two balls and put himself in a trap. It's still his shot. A ball will spot up if his inning ends.

What would you do?

sw2.jpg

sw1.jpg

sw3.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Thin the 11 ball on the right side go two rails and try to freeze the CB to the back side of the 4 ball. I think I set a new record for editing, this is the 9th time I have edited this post, and I'm not feeling very secure with this choice either. Lol, good one Cowboy.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
You shoot your way into this mess, you gotta shoot your way out!

Attachments

• CutIt.jpg
    CutIt.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
If I am seeing the ball clearly, no doubt I am shooting the 11 here and coming off the right side of the stripe on the rail which will move the CB back towards shuffs pocket. From here there may be a feasible combo if not go on the defensive.

If I am not seeing the balls well or confidence is low at that particular moment, Tall Jeffs 2 rail safe locking up on the 4 is the shot I would choose.

Hardmix

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If I am seeing the ball clearly, no doubt I am shooting the 11 here and coming off the right side of the stripe on the rail which will move the CB back towards shuffs pocket. From here there may be a feasible combo if not go on the defensive.

If I am not seeing the balls well or confidence is low at that particular moment, Tall Jeffs 2 rail safe locking up on the 4 is the shot I would choose.

Hardmix

Unless I'm crazy, Cory's lines show that the cut on the 11 is LOTS easier than freezing on the 4, or just getting tight behind it.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
By golly that shot really is available. I didn't see it.

Thanks.

There's a very strong Albanian player in DC who redefines what shots are cuttable--that is, he makes extreme cut shots amazingly well. Spending time playing him helps develop an eye for shots like this.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
There's a very strong Albanian player in DC who redefines what shots are cuttable--that is, he makes extreme cut shots amazingly well. Spending time playing him helps develop an eye for shots like this.

Albanians make me nervous. I think it's those pink eyes.

baby huey

Verified Member
I only see one shot and it is very low percentage at that. It requires a double tiki of sorts with a kick off the one ball then catches the rail below the two ball for the second tiki and then the cueball kicks in the three ball hanging in the pocket. Intentional scratches at this point seem fruitless and with so many balls hanging in or around the pocket a high run is highly likely. My shot might just save the day, I mean game......

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I only see one shot and it is very low percentage at that. It requires a double tiki of sorts with a kick off the one ball then catches the rail below the two ball for the second tiki and then the cueball kicks in the three ball hanging in the pocket. Intentional scratches at this point seem fruitless and with so many balls hanging in or around the pocket a high run is highly likely. My shot might just save the day, I mean game......

bill smith suggested that in the members section earlier today
good eye jerry
to me i will set this up and try it because the disatance between the 2 balls you have to tikki i dont think i can get deep enough on the second ball to carom off and make the hanging ball

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Woodward attempted a semi-masse and missed the ball going in. He fouled and left Shuff a good shot. He took about 2 seconds to shoot this masse once he decided on it.

His real problem was the previous shot. He had an opportunity to run 8 & out but he non-chalanted the shot and ended up here.

I really thought he would cut the 11 ball. I would've given it a shot.

sw shot.jpg

sw shot 1.jpg

He left it here for Shuff:

sw leave.jpg

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Woodward attempted a semi-masse and missed the ball going in. He fouled and left Shuff a good shot. He took about 2 seconds to shoot this masse once he decided on it.

His real problem was the previous shot. He had an opportunity to run 8 & out but he non-chalanted the shot and ended up here.

I really thought he would cut the 11 ball. I would've given it a shot.

View attachment 14446

View attachment 14447

He left it here for Shuff:

View attachment 14448

Yikes, he should have cut the 11!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Yikes, he should have cut the 11!

This is not the kind of shot that one pocket knowledge is special for, and this might be the kind of simple over-look that we all make once in a while.

I told him he should give Cliff a thousand or two to spend a couple of weeks with him.

Tom would probably be just as good and only $59.95 :p

I think Sky has what it takes to become #1. He may already be there in 8-ball.