efren scott again#2

u12armresl

Verified Member
3 ball combo takeout

ticky and make the ball near the hole to roll up on the stripe

?

Pancake

Looks like Scott got scared of scratching and came up short and too far off the side rail. Efren has to punish him and cut the 9. Especially since it is a game changer - since Scott probably broke.

Last edited:

beatle

Verified Member
shoot the nine because you are a big dog and this can make it even or better for you. or ticky the two in and wait for slow death.

check out the 4 10 off the 3 combo

efren might double bank the 3 and knock out the two

the pic looks like he can get in on the short rail and hit the 2 ball.

problem with these guys even a good safe is often just a sellout, so running balls is the first pick always.

Grayback1973

Verified Member
Is the soft kick on the 2 from the bottom rail available?That alley way looks clear and there doesn't appear to be a cross corner bank sell out.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
As Grayback1973 mentioned, it looks like there's a slot available to shoot the CB into the foot rail by Scott's pocket, and take out the 2 and 7 balls. The deuce should bank toward the shooter's hole.

Once in awhile the shooter gets unlucky on these type shots, and sells out some kind of a bank. But I'd go for it anyhow.

I think coming off the 3 ball runs the risk of not batting away both the 2 and the 7. Efren might showboat, and take Beatle's suggestion of double banking the 3. But rather than do that, he might as well just cut in the 9.:)

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Hit the second diamond on the long rail

Hit the second diamond on the long rail

For the guys shooting the 9 ball what are you guys doing with the cue ball on the shot?

Your cue ball will naturally drop down towards and below the thirteen ball, very controllable lag cue ball. The shot appears to offer the shooter Very good speed control of both balls.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think the three ball take out shot is laying perfect, especially the 7ball position. The 7ball is positioned perfectly to play the three ball take out in terms of controlling the cue ball to a safe area, utilizing the stack to protect the balls that will be moved to your side of the table. The balls are laying so that it's hard to imagine not moving all three balls in a positive way. I'm playing the shot if I were at the table, playing passively imo won't get it.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Grayback1973

Verified Member
Soft kick the 2 ball.
Exactly the shot I like here.It's basically a "buying time" shot.Trying something too offensive could cost the whole game.The 3 ball removal is certainly there for somebody that has the confidence to shoot it.I tend to stick with high percentage shots and the soft kick on the deuce is the one in this situation IMHO.

WCRanger

Verified Member
Would a hard kick off the bottom rail to the 2 to clear it and the 7 be an option? Would it be feasible to keep the cue safe shooting with enough speed to clear both?

baby huey

Verified Member
I am assuming it's a race to 3 games? Scott is ahead 2 to 1. If so that influences my shot selection. The three ball combo takeout is not on my radar and the safety off the three ball is not in my wheelhouse with this score. I like the back cut on the stripped ball to my hole and live with the results. It's very makable and if nothing else, Efren gets to shoot at his hole in this game and have a chance to be in the game. Otherwise Scott definitely has control of the table and can win it without Efren getting an offensive shot. I get that we like to see the defense and I am defense minded but I just don't see a high % safety here with this layout.

baby huey

Verified Member
My bad on the last post, it is a race to 7 games. Lots of time to get desperate. I like Dr. Bill's shot safety off the three ball.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
My bad on the last post, it is a race to 7 games. Lots of time to get desperate. I like Dr. Bill's shot safety off the three ball.

Jerry, my shot is off the 7ball taking all three balls out and stopping the cue ball.

Also, the score of the match and the distance of the race shouldn't have a bearing on your shot selection (imo) what ever shot gives you the best chance to win the game is the shot that should be chosen, if not then imo it's a form of dogging it.:sorry

Dr. Bill

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
The first thing I saw and then confirmed by u12 and Dr. Bill is the 3 ball take out. I shoot the 7 (or whatever the first ball is in the combo) and stop it right there behind the stack and the balls go bye bye from his hole and over near my hole, heck I may even make one by accident and get to shoot again. The only bad thing that could happen is I leave the 2 ball in the jaws of his pocket which could happen.

I don't like cutting the 9 because it looks to me that the CB is running right into the 7 and there's too many ball sin the path down to the foot rail. Even if I get there and I miss the 9 it could leave him an easy cross corner or at worst a way to trap be pretty good in the stack.