1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Update t-shirts

Update t-shirts

Regarding the T-Shirts,

Frank (the baby) over at Play The Game Co. has just about wrapped up the artwork on the Super Senior tournament T-Shirts. He should be posting a preview of what they will look like today or Monday at the latest. He did good!

I have orders in hand for 24, if you have submitted with me and are expecting to pay and pick up in Houston, that's cool, if I'm mailing yours to you, please make sure to PM me your address.

Any further orders should be directed to ( the baby ) attention Frank, who is the owner and the guy who will be handling all future orders. I'm not clear on exactly when the cut- off on ordering will be, but I'm sure he will be able to shed some light on that.

Frank also mentioned that for those of you who don't particularly care for T -Shirts, he could do the same embroidery work on a Polo Shirt. I'm assuming the cost would be considerably higher, and No, you can't switch you're existing order, but you probably can add a Polo to it, but that's between you and Frank.

They look pretty cool, I got two!

Hendy got 5!!! Various sizes of course.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
It's occurred to me that, even with 24 players, this tournament will likely not take 3 days to play out. Using 8 tables, the event will move right along, unless they schedule tournament play only during certain hours.

One might expect that the matches would take longer, due to the age of the players, but not necessarily. For example, Casey, Jeff, John H. and Cardone play pretty quickly. Some of the others may do as well-- I've never watched a few of the guys play. We're bound to get a few extra long matches, but that's not going to hurt anything.

My guess is that the event itself could wrap up on Saturday night, so there will be plenty of time for action play. I'm hoping that the tournament itself will get started by 11-12:00 on Friday. If there's a Calcutta, that'll push it back at least an hour.

Just some random thoughts....

~Doc

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
It's occurred to me that, even with 24 players, this tournament will likely not take 3 days to play out. Using 8 tables, the event will move right along, unless they schedule tournament play only during certain hours.

One might expect that the matches would take longer, due to the age of the players, but not necessarily. For example, Casey, Jeff, John H. and Cardone play pretty quickly. Some of the others may do as well-- I've never watched a few of the guys play. We're bound to get a few extra long matches, but that's not going to hurt anything.

My guess is that the event itself could wrap up on Saturday night, so there will be plenty of time for action play. I'm hoping that the tournament itself will get started by 11-12:00 on Friday. If there's a Calcutta, that'll push it back at least an hour.

~Doc

Bogies owner David Richardson and John Rizzo are hiring a tournament director for us very soon. The planning of the Calcutta and Fridays opening day ceremonies along with the pre tournament players meeting and ensuing rules discussion, and of course the draw for Fridays matches and I would assume the # of matches to be played on Friday.

I would further assume that since some are traveling great distances to get to Houston, it would be advisable to play only one match on Friday due to jet lag and of course AGE. I am not an authority on any of this, I'm just spitballing here, but perhaps some of you who are more familiar with these tournament formats could contribute advice.

Anyway, I'm just going to be a participant in the event, not a member of the staff, my say so as to how it's run is the same as all the other players. I would like for it to go smooth with all who play having wonderful time and all that come to observe also enjoy themselves immensely. That is my hope for the first event, that it would perpetuate another next year.

And BTW Doc,

Happy Birthday.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

~Doc

I thought I saw they would use four tables for the tournament and four for practice/action.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I thought I saw they would use four tables for the tournament and four for practice/action.

Makes more sense to play on 4 tables and 4 are for practice. I'm thinking should I change my flight to leave Sunday instead of Monday.Please let me know. Thanks,EddieFriedman

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Makes more sense to play on 4 tables and 4 are for practice. I'm thinking should I change my flight to leave Sunday instead of Monday.Please let me know. Thanks,EddieFriedman

I anticipate the finals on Sunday, don't change your plans just yet, let me find out more. I will post anything that's pertinent to travel arrangements.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
John, you gotta quit hanging around with Bill. You're starting to hallucinate...:D Jokes aside, that 4 table thing may have been written somewhere. I don't recall seeing it.

For the first few rounds, I'd like to see them use all 8 tables. Then they could cut down when they like. But I'm sure the management and their tournament guy will get that all figured out to the way they want it.;)

~Doc

thebaby

Verified Member
1ST Annual SUPER SENIOR One Pocket Classic Tee's and Polo Shirts

1ST Annual SUPER SENIOR One Pocket Classic Tee's and Polo Shirts

Ladies and Gentlemen , We are proud and honored to reveal the
1ST Annual SUPER SENIOR One Pocket Classic Tee's and Polo Shirt for the Legendary Event Being held at Bogies Billiards, in Houston Texas. October ,23-24-25. Jeff has picked a Hanes 100 % Preshrunk 6.0 Heavyweight cotton tee to showcase this event ($20.00). And we have added a nice 100 % Polyester Dri-Fit Polo Shirt ($35.00)for those who might want one. Not everyone wears Tee Shirts , And not everybody wears a Polo Shirt. But because of the Respect and magnitude of this event , we thought it was only fitting to offer a little variety.

Both are Embroidered nicely with the logo on the left chest.
Bogies Billiards , Houston Texas on the right sleeve. (little guy with his hat)
PLAY THE GAME clothing on the left sleeve.

Hanes T-Shirt sizes are : small up to 3X
Port and Company (same quality) 4X up to 6X
Port and Company (Tall Sizes) LT up to 4XLT (+$3.00) CALL

Sport-Tek Polo Shirts are : small up to 4X
Sport-Tek Polo Shirts (Tall Sizes) LT up to 4XLT (+$3.00) CALL

A few notes to keep in mind:
1, As Jeff stated ,if you ordered a T-Shirt , there is no switching.
2, Your more then welcome to order a Polo Shirt , on top of your T-Shirt Order.
3,Were going to cut the ordering off as of October 1.
4,If you order one after this date , I will try and have it delivered to bogies , before the event.

4, We are going to add both Shirts to our online store at: www.playthegameclothing.com under the (SPECIAL EVENT TAB)
5, if you order it from the store , there is a $7.00 flat rate Priorty Mail charge.

Below ,I have attached a computer image of what they will look like.
We want to thank you for giving us this opportunity to be a part of this event. And please keep us in mind in the future.
(650) 201-3569 Thank-you Again Frank

Attachments

• 5250_Black_Flat_Front_2009.jpg
    5250_Black_Flat_Front_2009.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ST680_senior.jpg
    ST680_senior.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

pvclou

Verified Member
1st Annual Super Senior Social Security Open One Pocket Classic Championship

Sweeeeeeeeetttt!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Ok guys, I placed the order for the shirts yesterday.

Hope youse guys like the T's, Frank does quality work I'm told, and he's doing all the embroidery work himself. Nice guy and easy to talk to. Hendy told me he is also a good one pocket player.

Any further orders for T-Shirts or the Polo shirt should be directed through him at his website, it's in his post.

He's mailing them all to me upon completion and I will either mail them out to you as requested, or you can pick them up at Bogie's when you get here.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff, is it too late to order a Polo shirt in a lg. also and be able to pick it up at the tournament. If it not too late order me one.---Smitty

I've already put in the order Smitty and sent the check for the entire order, would you mind contacting Frank at his listed phone # and ordering it from the source, he can do it I'm sure, and mail it direct to you. I'm out of the loop.

Thank you,

Jeff

thebaby

Verified Member
Polo Shirts or T-Shirts

Polo Shirts or T-Shirts

Smitty or anybody else, if you want to order a T- Shirt or a Polo Shirt , you can order all the way up until October 1 at www.playthegameclothing.com
NOTE: under the (SPECIAL EVENT TAB). when you first get to the site on the home page , right side., under (SPECIAL EVENT TAB).
Thank-you Frank

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Thanks for the effort Jeff, I will go to the web site and order the shirt or shirts. Do I need to order the tee shirt I ask for and said I would pick it up at the tournament or just order the Polo shirt, have it mailed to me and pick up the other one?---Smitty

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Thanks for the effort Jeff, I will go to the web site and order the shirt or shirts. Do I need to order the tee shirt I ask for and said I would pick it up at the tournament or just order the Polo shirt, have it mailed to me and pick up the other one?---Smitty

Smitty,

I ordered yours and all the rest at the same time, you can pay me and pick up your t-shirt in Houston. If you want a polo shirt just contact Frank and order it through him and he will mail it to you.

Thanks,

Jeff