hall vs davis 1

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think I would shoot the 8 straight on here and force forward to the side rail. The 8 could hit the 14, or the 3 and 5, either look good to me.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I cannot tell from the angle of the pics but if it is possible to hit the bottom of the 9 with a little top right, I like the shot. It send the cue ball 2 rails behind the stack protecting the 8 by Hall's pocket and moving the 9 towards the center of the table.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
I would come off the left side of the 13 ball and lay the CB on the third diamond blocking him on all the balls by my hole with the stack.

bstroud

Verified Member
I don't think I would remove the 8 from my side as it is the biggest threat.

I think I would play off the left side of the 10 ball and freeze him behind the 9.

Bill S.

bernie p

Verified Member
This is a great instance where an experienced player like Hall may consider taking a foul.

Ideally shooting the cue ball between the 7 and 4 balls (space permitting), and leaving whitey approx 1 diamond this side of Davis' side pocket rail, preferably restricting passage to play off the 15 or 9 to get behind the 8.

From here Davis would struggle to come up with a constructive shot.

Fouls like this are game changers......especially in this instance where Davis cannot simply return the foul, positioning the cue ball back from where it originated.

Bernie.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I don't think I would remove the 8 from my side as it is the biggest threat.

I think I would play off the left side of the 10 ball and freeze him behind the 9.

Bill S.

I like that shot, but from the look of the 2nd pic, you can't see the bottom edge of the ten ball. It looks like I can shoot between the four and six and take a scratch kicking to the top rail and back to the side pocket on the other side.

OPBEAST

Verified Member
I would shoot the 4 ball 2 rails back down toward my hole and put the cue ball on the bottom rail.

hall vs davis wwyd.jpg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I was going to hit the 8 almost full and leave CB under the 9 and closer to the short rail, still trying to hide the purple. Do you think that's as good, worse, or better?

I don't like removing the eight ball, it's a big threat and in a good position. Leaving it there and getting behind the nine limits his responses. It's hard for him to protect his 14 ball. More that likely he will have to take the cue ball off the nine and toward my pocket. Once I see that 14 ball there are many ways to get him into the stack while removing it from his side.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
This is a great instance where an experienced player like Hall may consider taking a foul.

Ideally shooting the cue ball between the 7 and 4 balls (space permitting), and leaving whitey approx 1 diamond this side of Davis' side pocket rail, preferably restricting passage to play off the 15 or 9 to get behind the 8.

From here Davis would struggle to come up with a constructive shot.

Fouls like this are game changers......especially in this instance where Davis cannot simply return the foul, positioning the cue ball back from where it originated.

Bernie.

I think you can come off the 9 and get to the same place

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Im banking the 4 ball straight back. I can get an in off of the blue 7 or the 8 ball and Im following my cue ball up table to the head rail. Worst case I still have 2 balls by my pocket.. best case I make the in off and Im on the offense again.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm bankin' the 8 cross corner, punchin' whitey to the center head rail easily passing the 7 ball, with the 8 ball bank caroming off the 14 ball, hell the eight might go, dam.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't like removing the eight ball, it's a big threat and in a good position. Leaving it there and getting behind the nine limits his responses. It's hard for him to protect his 14 ball. More that likely he will have to take the cue ball off the nine and toward my pocket. Once I see that 14 ball there are many ways to get him into the stack while removing it from his side.
It might lay well enough to shoot the 8, caroming it thin off the 14, and banking the 8 back to your hole. That would take care of the 14, and whitey could still hide behind the 9.

Otherwise I like Hacker's shot; or to even kick thin off the 1 ball and put the CB uptable by the opponent's corner pocket.

Come to think of it, anything that leaves whitey down table is treacherous.

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Ah, gotcha.

I thought you were hitting the 8 a little thicker, but now that I look again I see it requires a really thin hit so it leaves the 8 there. It's my choice of the ones suggested so far.

Thanks.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Im banking the 4 ball straight back. I can get an in off of the blue 7 or the 8 ball and Im following my cue ball up table to the head rail. Worst case I still have 2 balls by my pocket.. best case I make the in off and Im on the offense again.

Yeah this is my shot also.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 0