Artie vs Ricky Byrd

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
George; it's a shame we didn't get a chance to find out the outcome of this thread! I'm sure when Artie gets His and His granddaughter's health back in check, there will be a match for us to sweat.

As with Freddy, I speak to Artie at least once a day. We've been very good friends for 50 years, along with there being not too many left of the, 'Bensinger' alumni.

Hopefully Ricky Byrd won't get discouraged, and they can arrange a rematch!

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Thanks Bill. I heard this eveing that Byrd and Bear were back in Mobile.

Hopefully Artie will get his strength back and we'll have a match soon.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

JAM

Verified Member
I interrupt this program to make sure my other half reads this:

Keith McCready, I believe you are the best pool player, best gambler, and best man on the planet. I am so lucky to have you in my life. You take me for better and for worst, in sickness and in health, and you are a such a strong man in so many ways. You are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. When you read this, please know I'm sorry for making the stupid joke about the parlay.

You may resume to the Artie vs. Ricky Byrd show now.

Deeman

Verified Member
I interrupt this program to make sure my other half reads this:

Keith McCready, I believe you are the best pool player, best gambler, and best man on the planet. I am so lucky to have you in my life. You take me for better and for worst, in sickness and in health, and you are a such a strong man in so many ways. You are the best thing that has ever happened in my life. When you read this, please know I'm sorry for making the stupid joke about the parlay.

You may resume to the Artie vs. Ricky Byrd show now.

Ain't anything like having a good woman on your side. You are the best thing to ever happen to that old warhorse, Girl. :)

JAM

Verified Member
Ain't anything like having a good woman on your side. You are the best thing to ever happen to that old warhorse, Girl. :)

Thanks, Deeman. :) He was reading this forum and read my comment about him parlaying until he loses, and I think it hurt his feelings, which I never wanted to do. :(

I was just joking around about gambling in general, and unfortunately, my humor wasn't funny to Keith. :eek:

Keith takes pride in his gambling. :D Here he is studying the Racing Form at the horse track. :cool:

Attachments

• Keith in 2002 at the Horse Track in Maryland.jpg
    Keith in 2002 at the Horse Track in Maryland.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 0

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Excellent pic, Jammy. That reminds me. Last week I bet a horse that I had received some info about. I just bet $120 on it and sure enough, it came in at twenty five to one for me. The rest of the field had already finished the race at twelve thirty, however, so..

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Artie vs Ricky Byrd

Excellent pic, Jammy. That reminds me. Last week I bet a horse that I had received some info about. I just bet $120 on it and sure enough, it came in at twenty five to one for me. The rest of the field had already finished the race at twelve thirty, however, so..

Hahahah. You had me, Jimmy. Good one.

Great pic, Jam. Seems to me you and Keith are two lucky people. Last year you posted a pic somewhere (here or FB) of you guys walking the dog/s in the woods. It still sticks in my mind as one of my favorite scenes. Walking in the woods with loved ones and a dog. It doesn't get much better than that for me.

## now back to our program..... :)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks, Deeman. :) He was reading this forum and read my comment about him parlaying until he loses, and I think it hurt his feelings, which I never wanted to do. :(

I was just joking around about gambling in general, and unfortunately, my humor wasn't funny to Keith. :eek:

Keith takes pride in his gambling. :D Here he is studying the Racing Form at the horse track. :cool:

He will send it in. Many years ago he booked a nice winner at the original Hard Times in Costa Mesa and the favorite place to go when pumped up was Santa Anita.

Keith had around $800 left when the last race came around and had a horse he liked. I asked him how much he was going to bet. He looked at me like I bumped my head.:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

In your defense Jenny, Keith has never been ashamed of his gambling style and he shouldn't. Parlaying money can work out very well for gamblers, especially if they are on a roll. Parlaying your money even works out better when you're playing pool against another person, as opposed to betting on something, allow me. When you're betting on something other than yourself (against an opponent) there isn't any intimidation factor that there would be when playing someone who will feel the added pressure of being out managed. Maybe not so much of being "out managed" but it's clearly a tool that comes in the form of "intimidation" There have been many people that have used that tactic and taken off huge scores, it's very effective..if you can afford to play and gamble under those terms.:D

However, I do agree that it's not the best way to gamble when trying to manage, but pressing the bet a little..as opposed to "doubling the bet" is accepted as a smart move, particularly when you have the edge.

If Keith is upset, sometimes a "hug" does the trick.

Heck, give him a hug for me.;)

Bill Incardona

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He will send it in. Many years ago he booked a nice winner at the original Hard Times in Costa Mesa and the favorite place to go when pumped up was Santa Anita.

Keith had around $800 left when the last race came around and had a horse he liked. I asked him how much he was going to bet. He looked at me like I bumped my head.:D

ha,ha,ha,ha, I liked it :lol:lol:lol

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

That's right i'm talking to you..you want to play some pool? You want to play some "high dollar pool" :D:D:D:D I see you staring at me..get of that that chair, put down that form..and lets dance.:D

Dr. Bill

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Boy, did this thread take a left turn! But really not for the worst!

Say Hi to Keith for me, I always remember the lean days at the 'Rack' when He and Tony Banks got me a bankroll! The $300.00 they gave me, I turned into $12,000.00 at the Hazel Park one night!

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Artie vs Ricky Byrd

That's right i'm talking to you..you want to play some pool? You want to play some "high dollar pool" :D:D:D:D I see you staring at me..get of that that chair, put down that form..and lets dance.:D

Dr. Bill

To quote the good doctor while quoting the good doctor...... " Now that's what I'm talking about!!" 😎

JAM

Verified Member

Dr. Bill

You put a smile on Keith's face, Billy. He loved reading these words.

He's just learning how to navigate better on the forums, going from one page to the next on a thread.

One thing he can do well on the computer is look up sports odds on different sports teams and play poker online. :D

JAM

Verified Member
Boy, did this thread take a left turn! But really not for the worst!

Say Hi to Keith for me, I always remember the lean days at the 'Rack' when He and Tony Banks got me a bankroll! The $300.00 they gave me, I turned into $12,000.00 at the Hazel Park one night!

Oh, man, what a great win. Now that's a nice parlay! :cool:

JAM

Verified Member

That sounds like the horse I always pick. :lol

JAM

Verified Member
Hahahah. You had me, Jimmy. Good one.

Great pic, Jam. Seems to me you and Keith are two lucky people. Last year you posted a pic somewhere (here or FB) of you guys walking the dog/s in the woods. It still sticks in my mind as one of my favorite scenes. Walking in the woods with loved ones and a dog. It doesn't get much better than that for me.

## now back to our program..... :)

It does seem like our lives today revolve around our dog Mickey. We don't go anywhere without him. Even when we go to the grocery store, Mickey comes with us. If it's hot outside, one of us stays in the car with the air conditioner on. Mickey loves going on car rides. :)

Meet Mickey McCready. It has a nice Irish ring to it. :cool:

Attachments

• Mickey 100814.jpg
    Mickey 100814.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member

Now, that's the Keith we all know and love. :eek:

I remember a time when we were at a pool tournament in Cambridge, Maryland, and on the other side of the facility, they had off-track betting. Well, between pool matches, Keith planted himself in that OTB area. It was very nerve-racking for me, ensuring Keith got to his pool match when they called his name, so he didn't forfeit. :eek:

As we do most times, we set a limit on how much we were going to allow ourselves to bet at the OTB and then quit. Well, our limit this Saturday was $300, but after the $300 was gone, Keith wanted to keep it going, just one more C-note. I put my foot down, knowing we were already stuck for the pool tournament entry fee, hotel, food, et cetera. Keith was persistent and said just one more C-note, and then he'd agree to quit after that. Sheesh! :mad:

I was not a happy camper, but I knew the only way I could live with him the rest of this weekend was to pull one more C-note from the ATM machine and let it ride. Well, wouldn't you know it, the bet he made using that C-note won, so much so that Keith had to sign the tax form to get the money. :cool:

Here is the picture I took of him that day in front of joint. He was on Cloud Nine. :lol

Attachments

• Keith at Cambridge.JPG
    Keith at Cambridge.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Now, that's the Keith we all know and love. :eek:

I remember a time when we were at a pool tournament in Cambridge, Maryland, and on the other side of the facility, they had off-track betting. Well, between pool matches, Keith planted himself in that OTB area. It was very nerve-racking for me, ensuring Keith got to his pool match when they called his name, so he didn't forfeit. :eek:

As we do most times, we set a limit on how much we were going to allow ourselves to bet at the OTB and then quit. Well, our limit this Saturday was $300, but after the $300 was gone, Keith wanted to keep it going, just one more C-note. I put my foot down, knowing we were already stuck for the pool tournament entry fee, hotel, food, et cetera. Keith was persistent and said just one more C-note, and then he'd agree to quit after that. Sheesh! :mad:

I was not a happy camper, but I knew the only way I could live with him the rest of this weekend was to pull one more C-note from the ATM machine and let it ride. Well, wouldn't you know it, the bet he made using that C-note won, so much so that Keith had to sign the tax form to get the money. :cool:

Here is the picture I took of him that day in front of joint. He was on Cloud Nine. :lol

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Dr. Bill