F. Bustamante vs. S. Ochoa 2010 D.C.C.

scott1313

I don't often like to kick at balls but I would try to kick the 11 to the middle bottom rail. Hopefully blocking the ball by Sylver's hole or at least forcing him to move the ball away from Sylver's hole. Then I should have a better opportunity when I come to the table.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Now that I see you can't bank the ten cross side below the seven I'd shoot the 9/3/11 combo and stick em on the thirteen/two. The three would bank the eleven cross corner. It's a fairly easy draw shot back to the thirteen ball, you could easily have the two as your blocker. The swing speed and ball speed match up well for the execution. Most important part of the shot is pulling whitey back to the 13 and missing the two ball.

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'd have to kick the 11 ball up table off the foot rail, medium speed. As long as the CB is not shot long, it should turn out pretty well.

It looks like Ochoa is looking at the 9-3-11 combo, but to me that's a roulette shot: one never knows where all three are going. He could also carom the CB off the 4 and snuggle up against the 14.

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I first looked at the two rail kick on the 11, but I like the one kick at the 11 better. It should clog up the return bank lane.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bank the 10 ball slightly to the right so that it contacts the 7 ball and knocks both over to your side. Hit the q ball slightly below center with a tip of left hand english, pulling the cue ball over to the short rail and then the english taking it to the long rail on his side. From there your oppo will have no straight in shot at his hole. He will be snookered on the ball in front of his pocket (11 ball) and you will have moved at least two, possibly three or more balls over to your side.

Beard

pvclou

Verified Member
F. Bustamante vs. S. Ochoa 2010 D.C.C.

I choose beard's shot. It's the only one described so far that I hadn't considered. I think it's the easiest to execute with promise of the best result among current suggestions. Only I'm concerned where the 7 goes. I wouldn't want to hit anything with the 7 ball on its way back through the pack. Might leave him a hanger

Lou

8andout

Verified Member
Here's one for you guys who like to play with the cueball.

Attachments

• tabl11.jpg
    tabl11.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Bank the 10 ball slightly to the right so that it contacts the 7 ball and knocks both over to your side. Hit the q ball slightly below center with a tip of left hand english, pulling the cue ball over to the short rail and then the english taking it to the long rail on his side. From there your oppo will have no straight in shot at his hole. He will be snookered on the ball in front of his pocket (11 ball) and you will have moved at least two, possibly three or more balls over to your side.

Beard

The 6 is in the way of the 7, maybe the both move over? BUT........

Busty's hole is cloged up, why would you chance moving a bunch of blockers? Seems to me the chance of balls moving badly is way higher than moving two or three balls to your side. Also a great carom/bank towards Busty's hole is a great possibility after your shot.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Here's one for you guys who like to play with the cueball.

I am late to the thread, but I like what you came up with 8andout!

All I saw when I looked at the opening diagrams -- without looking at other peoples shot suggestions -- was to take a foul rolling up between the 9 and the 2-ball. Probably getting there with a slight nudge off the 6-ball.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2014-03-11_08-12-56.jpg
    Greenshot_2014-03-11_08-12-56.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 0

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
Risky

Risky

Late..but here is/was my thought before reading the actual shot selection..

Roll thru the 9, just missing the 3, banking 9 at the 4, roll cb at the chalk, two rails under the 11. It's tight, but if room, looks doable. Appears straight enough to avoid the 2 ball while going thru the 9 on the way to the corner short rail path.

CB hit nearly straight into the 9 with straight follow, or a smidge of left ,the bank should clear for the cb to travel for the two rail corner path...or not :frus

Fred has recently commented about 'through the ball' carom aiming to predict the cb path post collision...this looks like it lays about right...although, stun-followed too hard, carom off the 2 and maybe scratch?

Or, cross bank the ball near the side pocket, 2 or 3 rail cb to opposite side pocket area behind the stack...leaves the 4 available unless the banked ball falls good, but that probably isnt going to stay there long anyway.