Your City and One Pocket

stedyfred

Verified Member
When you take your one pocket game out of your local surroundings how does it hold up in other cities; just your thoughts. Thanks.

stedyfred

Verified Member
Let me clarify, I am not referring to any particular player. For example, when he was alive Bugs Rucker's one pocket game would be successful across the country. I am asking about the overall one pocket played in your city; does that game travel well?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Let me clarify, I am not referring to any particular player. For example, when he was alive Bugs Rucker's one pocket game would be successful across the country. I am asking about the overall one pocket played in your city; does that game travel well?

I live in Houston and they're some very good players here. Their is no one style played here. :) some safe, some aggressive, some like me, middle of the road.
Rod.

stedyfred

Verified Member
Again Rod I am not talking about your game or any specific player from your city. Do you think that Houston one pocket travels well?

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
When you take your one pocket game out of your local surroundings how does it hold up in other cities; just your thoughts. Thanks.

I think one pocket skills travel well. What doesn't travel well is that more times than not, players don't know you and think your a road player. So I can be tough to get an even game.

I try not to play the first player that asks me to play. The better players step up first. If your playing cheap it doesn't matter. I've been run over plenty of times and always learn something new or a different way of playing a shot.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

My game suffers some when I get away from my home room and comfort zone.

Some of this is growing older. I do not remember being as concerned with different cue balls and other conditions as much as I do now.

I started traveling around more to tournaments and setting up gambling matches almost six years ago when when I was 68 and widowed. I still travel a little and look forward to it when I do, but I still prefer home cooking.

beatle

Verified Member
if you out move and out shoot someone it doesnt matter much where you go or the equipment.

if you cant watch someone play who isnt stalling and tell exactly how you can play him you need to do some thinking.

1on1pooltournys

Verified Member
My game suffers some when I get away from my home room and comfort zone.

Some of this is growing older. I do not remember being as concerned with different cue balls and other conditions as much as I do now.

I started traveling around more to tournaments and setting up gambling matches almost six years ago when when I was 68 and widowed. I still travel a little and look forward to it when I do, but I still prefer home cooking.

Missed you at Derby if I'm not mistaken?

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
if you out move and out shoot someone it doesnt matter much where you go or the equipment.

if you cant watch someone play who isnt stalling and tell exactly how you can play him you need to do some thinking.

One pocket much like any other game carries a distinct advantage for the home player. Roll offs...speed of table...banking....supporters. At least for me there's an advantage.

Bill Incardona

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think one pocket skills travel well. What doesn't travel well is that more times than not, players don't know you and think your a road player. So I can be tough to get an even game.

I try not to play the first player that asks me to play. The better players step up first. If your playing cheap it doesn't matter. I've been run over plenty of times and always learn something new or a different way of playing a shot.
Yeah, as a second or third tier player myself, although I love going in to strange new rooms, sometimes it is impossible to get anywhere near the right players in the local established pecking order -- cuz house rules make you start from the top down when they see fresh blood :D