SVB harmful to 1p.o members...

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I see SVB knocked Rob outta the banks. Now Tom Wirth has to play SVB for his first 1p match.:( And unfortunately Lou Figueroa and John Brumback have to play each other in their first match. The Ghost gets Mike Massey, who's a strong 1p player.

Doc

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I am pleased to report that I won my first match today. So, still hangin...... For now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I see SVB knocked Rob outta the banks. Now Tom Wirth has to play SVB for his first 1p match.:( And unfortunately Lou Figueroa and John Brumback have to play each other in their first match. The Ghost gets Mike Massey, who's a strong 1p player.

Doc

shane just lost at the 10 ball after being ahead 6-1
he's a bum.....tom should drill him......;)
EDIT
THE ABOVE IS NOT CORRECT .......SHANE WON
(my bad......:eek:....:eek:)
will get the potions out so the spirits are on your side tom....:D

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
shane just lost at the 10 ball after being ahead 6-1
he's a bum.....tom should drill him......;)
will get the potions out so the spirits are on your side tom....:D

No he didn't, Lar. He won it hill hill. I was watching and I saw Dr. Bill sitting there with Scott F. ,, sweating the match and texting like a mullafkkrr

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

Doc

Trust me on this, SVB is not a lock to beat Tom.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
O WOW it went hill to hill! Wow nice job Tom Wirth! against SVB you went hill hill, yessss.

Not quite right Alex. In the first game we went down to the last ball and played that way for about twenty minutes then he made a nice bank off the top rail to win the game. The next game I was in a tough spot but had a chance to score a win if I could cut a ball accurately for my pocket, I didn't, and he ran out. The third game we played he found a shot as great players do and ran seven and hung up the eighth ball. I had two and with several balls across the head string I had no other option but to go for a bank shot which I made while caroming a ball to the middle of the table. I ran all the balls which were across t he head string and scratched with Shane's ball. He proceeded to force follow the first of the two balls on the spot into his pocket and that was all she wrote for my One Pocket debut after nine years of absence. So Shane beat me three to zip, but I feel good that I did play him tough in two of those games.

I didn't rebuy. Maybe I should have but I had just as much fun watching the young players show how good they all play, and they do play well. The game is evolving and the knowledge these players exhibit is great to see. The game of One Pocket is in good hands with these new, young players, and I'm happy to see its popularity is increasing every year. :)

Tom

SJDinPHX

Suspended
The game is evolving and the knowledge these players exhibit is great to see. The game of One Pocket is in good hands with these new, young players, and I'm happy to see its popularity is increasing every year. :)

Tom

Great observation Tom...Up until just a few years ago, as you know, that was not the case..There were several great champion's, ie; Strickland, Archer, Wylie, SVB, and others, who simply did not care for the game of one pocket. It is only fairly recently, that many of them have come around to showing an interest in learning the finer points of the game. (a few noticeable hold-outs, are still Archer and Wylie)

Its hard for people like us, to believe the game does not appeal to everyone, but it is good to see the younger talent's are embracing the game, and matching up at it more and more ! Straight pool (as a spectator sport) is almost gone..and I guess the rotation games will always be popular with the average pool nut..But its good to see the "best game on a pool table", finally appears to be getting the respect, and following, it has always deserved..;)

SJD

Last edited:

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Not quite right Alex. In the first game we went down to the last ball and played that way for about twenty minutes then he made a nice bank off the top rail to win the game. The next game I was in a tough spot but had a chance to score a win if I could cut a ball accurately for my pocket, I didn't, and he ran out. The third game we played he found a shot as great players do and ran seven and hung up the eighth ball. I had two and with several balls across the head string I had no other option but to go for a bank shot which I made while caroming a ball to the middle of the table. I ran all the balls which were across t he head string and scratched with Shane's ball. He proceeded to force follow the first of the two balls on the spot into his pocket and that was all she wrote for my One Pocket debut after nine years of absence. So Shane beat me three to zip, but I feel good that I did play him tough in two of those games.

I didn't rebuy. Maybe I should have but I had just as much fun watching the young players show how good they all play, and they do play well. The game is evolving and the knowledge these players exhibit is great to see. The game of One Pocket is in good hands with these new, young players, and I'm happy to see its popularity is increasing every year. :)

Tom

I came in late to watch Tom playing Shane, as Tom said Shane ran 7 balls and hung up game ball, Tom proceeded to make a longbank and ran4 more balls and followed Shane's game ball in.Shane threw his hands up like to say do you believe this then proceeded to make the top spotted ball in his hole to win the final game. Tom really played great the game I watched. Tom you should be proud of yourself . Tom is a class guy and very down to earth. Tom thanks for making the trip enjoyable. FastEddieF.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I came in late to watch Tom playing Shane, as Tom said Shane ran 7 balls and hung up game ball, Tom proceeded to make a longbank and ran4 more balls and followed Shane's game ball in.Shane threw his hands up like to say do you believe this then proceeded to make the top spotted ball in his hole to win the final game. Tom really played great the game I watched. Tom you should be proud of yourself . Tom is a class guy and very down to earth. Tom thanks for making the trip enjoyable. FastEddieF.

I didn't see the match but heartily agree with the last sentiment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk