Bank Pool at the Derby

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Looks like a typically strong banks field. A couple of our guys are hanging in there, a few succumbed. If I understand the online charts, Pelican and Col. Bille went out in 2; Beard out in 3. Rob (onepockethacker) is still in after 4 rounds with one loss. Unfortunately he has to face SVB, so he'll have to step it up a little. Brumback has 1 early loss (to Glenn Rogers). Hope he's found his stroke now so that he can kick some butt the rest of the way.

Some surprises: Scooter Goodman still has no loses. I always thought Scooter had more mouth and gamble than talent, but he's doing well here! Skyler Woodward is out after the 5th round. If memory serves, Skyler took second in Tunica...

Efren and Daulton are both doing well. I believe S. Frost has 1 loss, as does Schmidt.

It's crunch time now. I believe the final will be tomorrow evening. Should be a doozie!

~Doc

John Wesley Martin

Bank Pool at the DCC

Bank Pool at the DCC

Looks like a typically strong banks field. A couple of our guys are hanging in there, a few succumbed. If I understand the online charts, Pelican and Col. Bille went out in 2; Beard out in 3. Rob (onepockethacker) is still in after 4 rounds with one loss. Unfortunately he has to face SVB, so he'll have to step it up a little. Brumback has 1 early loss (to Glenn Rogers). Hope he's found his stroke now so that he can kick some butt the rest of the way.

Some surprises: Scooter Goodman still has no loses. I always thought Scooter had more mouth and gamble than talent, but he's doing well here! Skyler Woodward is out after the 5th round. If memory serves, Skyler took second in Tunica...

Efren and Daulton are both doing well. I believe S. Frost has 1 loss, as does Schmidt.

It's crunch time now. I believe the final will be tomorrow evening. Should be a doozie!

~Doc

Thanks Doc

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Freddie...Can you "remind" those that might be interested that there is a BANK POOL TOURNAMENT @ Red Shoes Billiards on February 1st, 2014. Thanks, J. Lavin

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Looks like it is down to 6 in the Banks.

Dennis Orcollo (0) vs Justin Bergman (1)
David Grossman (1) vs Earl Strickland (1)
Francisco Bustamante (1) vs Shannon Murphy (1)

It would be hard not to pick Dennis with the Buy Back option available. If Bergman beats him it will be down to 4. If Dennis wins it will be down to 3, which means someone will get a bye in the next round. If Dennis would happen to draw the bye he would automatically be in the finals with a Buy Back.

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
banks

banks

Jamie and i had an exciting match during round one, got down to hill to hill and 4 balls apiece, he finally got me. Great match.

Is grossman the trick shot guy? Very interesting final six, but Orcollo definitely has the edge with no losses.

I'm going back tonight to watch the semi finals and the finals, i only live 23 miles away, so i get to sleep in my own bed.

I have Orcollo and Busty with the b/m in nine ball.

mojoe

Hey Jim, it was good seeing you again. I'm the guy that sweated your match with Jamie during round 1. Was a pretty exciting finish!

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Hey Gulfport Doc, Give me a call tonight 812-989-2517, would like to meet you, i'll be there around 0600 pm. Jim
Jim, thanks for the invitation, but I'm in Gulfport, Miss. My comments are based on what I'm seeing on the Derby City website. I'd love to meet ya though! Maybe at another event.

See if you can meet Col. Bille and Pelican (Rick). They're both a coupla hambones, and fun to be with.

Cheers~ Doc

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I was there Sunday & Monday.
It seemed to me , most people were banking short and just having a rough time figuring out why.
Even the top players seemed to miss them short, when they adjusted, the ball would go longer than expected every time.
i never hit a ball while I was there and probably wouldn't have been able to figure it out anyway.
Anyone who played have any thoughts?
Had a great time , saw a lot of friends and laughed a lot.
This year I roomed with a friend and it cost 129 Sun and 69 for the room.
This was the first time I ever took food with me , I had apples, candy, cheese, bread and water and soda.
I figure that saved me 50 dollars or so.
Ate at the buffet one night , awful and expensive.
Ate on the boat one night ,per my friends suggestion, awful.
Had a pulled pork sandwich in the front of the tournament room, it was the best tasting thing I ate the whole trip, lol .
Slept all day and night yesterday recuperating from watching tourney all day and watching gambling all night.
Had a great time , not too expensive, and can't wait till next year.
I am getting my GC 3 table set up and start practicing in the next month and God willing I am playing 1 pocket next year , look out!

Last edited:

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Jamie and i had an exciting match during round one, got down to hill to hill and 4 balls apiece, he finally got me. Great match.

Jim,

You are a true gentleman at the table and it was indeed a great match. I really enjoyed the competition and chatting with you during the week. I am glad to have met you in person.

Jamie

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
match

match

Good to have met you Jamie, really enjoyed our match even tho i lost, lol. and you are a gentleman as well.

Last edited: