A little practice

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
A little practice

I'm your huckleberry :).

Really though, if my currently scheduled Thursday matchup (he's 50/50) isn't there, I'd love to hit em around. I'll pm you my cell.

Mitch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
A little practice

Dammit. Apparently My reading comprehension needs work. No idea why I thought I would be there Thursday. I fly in Saturday night. I was thinking Tuesday (next) for some reason. Now I owe you a matchup one of the nights after sat when I arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I won't arrive until Saturday afternoon, but I am planning to bring a cue this year -- hoping we get enough interest in One Ball One Pocket!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I won't arrive until Saturday afternoon, but I am planning to bring a cue this year -- hoping we get enough interest in One Ball One Pocket!

Steve....as you know, there's nobody in the world that loves One Pocket more than I do, and all manner of banking balls also...that said...

Imo, 'one ball one pocket' is not a very good, or interesting game...compared to actual One Pocket, it's waay too simplistic and one-dimensional - not enough variety of shots and moves...if you think about it, when you're playing 'one ball one pocket', what you're actually playing, is: Last Pocket 8 Ball :eek:.....alternately...

If you want to play a similar short game to 'one ball one pocket'..a game which is excellent One Pocket-end game practice...the game to play is 'Three Ball One Pocket'...Three Ball One Pocket is a very good game, providing a multitude of shots and moves choices which don't exist in 'one ball one pocket'.

- Ghost

PS, Steve, if you don't want to fly with your cue, let me know and I'll bring a cue for you to use as I've done other years.

Last edited:

chicagomike

Verified Member
thanks for the smile... how bout you Chicago guys learn about a little Mississippi oil...

Bille

I would like to invest in some Mississippi oil if you're still around Tuesday night thru Saturday and would allow me to buy in...but only if I can buy "right":eek:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Steve....as you know, there's nobody in the world that loves One Pocket more than I do, and all manner of banking balls also...that said...

Imo, 'one ball one pocket' is not a very good, or interesting game...compared to actual One Pocket, it's waay too simplistic and one-dimensional - not enough variety of shots and moves...if you think about it, all that 'one ball one pocket' actually is, is: Last Pocket 8 Ball :cool:...alternatively...

If you want to play a similar short game to 'one ball one pocket'..a game which is excellent One Pocket end game practice...the game to play is 'Three Ball One Pocket'...Three Ball One Pocket is a very good game, providing a multitude of shots and moves choices which don't exist in 'one ball one pocket'.

- Ghost

PS, Steve, if you don't want to fly with your cue, let me know and I'll bring a cue for you to use, as I've done other years.

I am forced to agree. I have played much 3 ball One Pocket and plenty enough one ball One Pocket. The differences in the game is like night and day. Rack em up in a 3 ball triangle on the spot and break them like regular 15 ball rack, split the first two balls and if you hit them perfect, you can make a ball on the break.

Beard

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
It makes me....

It makes me....

.....feel good when I hear of a guy bringing a cue for a friend so he can skip the hassle of hauling it through Nazi Germany and the bombardment from the Gestapo/Luftwauffe etc etc. Nice touch Ghost....cheers men,James

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Playing one ball 1P....

Playing one ball 1P....

...is like only kissing your rib on the lips.Not a thing wrong wit it but why waste the best part???..........rookies..........[deep sigh]..........miss yall again but I need the Desert too soon,darnit......timing,the key to life....