The Future of Pool?

alex

Dear Gentle Readers,

Where there’s an angle …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4VRFuSyzzc

The future is my life,

Sunny

P. S. Hmm … I am currently sans boyfriend. Where do I find these glasses?

I'm hacking on a similar trinket via Google Glass. Perhaps pool's immersive successor will arrive.. prior to the singularity, even.

Let's step back. Is this the reality we want: machines play while we become spectators? Seeded randomness destroys the wonderful allure of the unknown.

- Pressure and body language are meaningless; you are a detached, vicarious observer.
- You forego negotiating each shot; the player software obviates decision-making.
- Endurance sessions and swings end; the passage of time is condensed and the game is ephemeral.
- Spoils aren't pride or sweaty bills; your Bitcoin balance just fluctuates unsatisfyingly.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
I'm hacking on a similar trinket via Google Glass. Perhaps pool's immersive successor will arrive.. prior to the singularity, even.

Let's step back. Is this the reality we want: machines play while we become spectators? Seeded randomness destroys the wonderful allure of the unknown.

- Pressure and body language are meaningless; you are a detached, vicarious observer.
- You forego negotiating each shot; the player software obviates decision-making.
- Endurance sessions and swings end; the passage of time is condensed and the game is ephemeral.
- Spoils aren't pride or sweaty bills; your Bitcoin balance just fluctuates unsatisfyingly.

Hey,
I like what you wrote and nice name by the way.

tylerdurden

Verified Member

OOh, a blade runner reference, I liki dis. There is a book club thread somewhere, who needs books when you got movies like that masterpiece.

Here is the future of pool.....

There is a snooker tournament on right now however, some of the best pocket "billiards" I have ever seen, and I have never even hit a ball on a snooker table. Seriously, anybody who cares even a shred about this game should watch what ronnie osullivan is doing lately, it is totally out of this world. To give you an idea, I personally think he far exceeds efren in his genius. He is more offensive minded, has a great defensive game, and he just picks apart these racks that you think it will be impossible to get out, and he doesn't even think for more than 15 seconds a shot. It is unbelievable, truly.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched sea beams glitter in the dark near the Tahnhouser Gate. I watched a snooker game. I've seen Efren and Ronnie O..
I've known adventures you people will never see. I've stood on the back deck of a blinker bound for the Plutition Camps watching the stars fight on the shoulder of Orion. I felt the wind in my hair riding test boats off the black galaxies and seen an attack fleet burn up like a match. I've seen it. Felt it...