The Post-Match Handshake: My Opinion Has, Once Again, Been Solicited …

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
(Yes, you louts, some folks do ask for - - and do value - - my adjudication!)

Dear Gentle Readers,

Since I’ve agreed to serve, pro tem, as the Ms. Manners of pool emporia, please do try to pay attention. Thank you. Ever so much.

So, after a tensely-contested … um, contest … to shake hands or not to shake hands?

(Didn’t Billy Shakespeare have something to say re: to, or not to?)

Back to the after-match handshake … some forum observers deny any outreach responsibility on behalf of the losing participant. Other advocates draw a line of demarcation between tournament and money matches.

Fortunately - - for all of you uncertain petitioners - - the widely-acclaimed Sunny-Stipulation is at once precise and eloquent:

When there is a pre-match handshake, a post-match handshake is appropriate.

Either party can, of course, elect to abrogate. Can opt to be boorish.

Deconstructing life is my life,

Sunny

P. S. There are still some apologists who continue to cling to that hoary ‘heat of the moment’ excuse for not shaking hands. Sorry. There is no mitigation - - no matter how excruciating the loss may be - - for churlish deportment.

Thus spaketh Sunny … oh, never mind!

OldSchool

Verified Member
Miss Manners is a welcome addition to this den.

Nope. Because she's not Miss Manners, she's Miss Bad Manners :cool: As in the fact, that as a couple of righteous onepocket.org members have posted in recent times, she never responds to the many replies and questions posed to her. And that my friends, on her part, is impolite and BAD MANNERS :heh

Old School

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Nope. Because she's not Miss Manners, she's Miss Bad Manners :cool: As in the fact, that as a couple of righteous onepocket.org members have posted in recent times, she never responds to the many replies and questions posed to her. And that my friends, on her part, is impolite and BAD MANNERS :heh

Old School

The first question I would like answered, and I think I speak for many, is, Boxer's or briefs?

Beard

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Lout Diagnosis

Lout Diagnosis

Old School

Delusional Narcissistic Personality Disorder is her life.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Old School
Old School, i'm not mad at her. Matter of fact she isn't compelled to answer any question by any one, including yours or mine. But there's one thing you can't ignore, she peaks a lot of peoples attention including yours, haven't heard from you in many..many... months. Actually I enjoy the read, as I do yours too. Peace.

Bill Incardona

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Pre and post match handshakes are generally, and should be, completely independent. I don't even know if the op was serious to be honest. If a guy craps in 4 nine balls in a row, and then screams out as the game winning 9 is falling "now dat is what I am talking about!", I don't care if I shook his hand before the match or not, do you op (please, don't answer me).

Here is mine:

If you lose, shake or don't.... whatever you feel like (and I personally aint holding either one against you no matter what)

If you win, follow the lead of the loser.

That's it.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Pre and post match handshakes are generally, and should be, completely independent. I don't even know if the op was serious to be honest. If a guy craps in 4 nine balls in a row, and then screams out as the game winning 9 is falling "now dat is what I am talking about!", I don't care if I shook his hand before the match or not, do you op (please, don't answer me).

Here is mine:

If you lose, shake or don't.... whatever you feel like (and I personally aint holding either one against you no matter what)

If you win, follow the lead of the loser.

That's it.
I like your thinking, point on.

Bill Incardona

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Really?

Really?

do what you want sunny....

DWS just has his boxers/briefs in a bind because he pussed out of dcc this year...:p

Pussed out? Really? If you wish to encourage her to continue to insult your intelligence and the intelligence of others on the site with her self perceived literary prowess that's your business. Gonna jab at me because I am not impressed with it? I have my opinions just as everyone else does. Leave my boxer/briefs/dcc attendance out of it. Has nothing to do with it. A little loyalty maybe? Guess not. Good to know. Thanks pal.

Signed,
A Jaspered, Gentle Reading Lout

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
One of the very first things I learned in Secret Society apprenticeship was that if you see two guys shaking hands in a pool room, you can bet your ass that one of them is a sucker.

Beard

8andout

Verified Member
Here's my idea of a post game handshake- enjoy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TT9B83pLnoc[/ame]

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Tournament post-match handshake offered by the loser -- with BOTH players looking the other in the eye -- is the most polite, most classy way, and it is good for the game for spectators to see it.

Gambling match... who cares? ;)

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
Somehow this old thread seems apropos today...what's the over/under on the date Trump invites Biden over to the White House? I'll bet never.

sorackem

Well-Known-Member
Can't we just put our left foot in and shake it all about - and leave it at that?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Somehow this old thread seems apropos today...what's the over/under on the date Trump invites Biden over to the White House? I'll bet never.
has any president ever asked the president elect to the white house before the election??

Tobermory

Verified Member
From
San Francisco, CA
I guess you haven't been paying attention over the years to the usual courtesies extended by gracious losers to President-elects:

has any president ever asked the president elect to the white house before the election??