(im)possible take out

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
I saw a video (youtube?) maybe a year or so ago of an amazing 1P takeout. I can't find it now. Maybe someone else has seen it and can explain it.

Ball deep in pocket, possibly frozen to the facing about 1/2 way into the hole. Pocket just slightly bigger than 4 1/2.? The cb is directly in front of the pocket, about a diamond out. The cb is hit a medium soft speed, with maybe draw. The cb just squeezes in between the ob and the other facing, about even with the ob, and then....

The ob and the cb come out of the pocket at the same time, at the same rate, traveling slowly side by side, back to about the place where the cb started.

Anyone else seen this shot? the video or in a game?

Anybody shoot this shot? If so, can you talk about it, or is it locked down deep in the brotherhood handbook? If yes, I can see why.

It's a wild looking shot.:eek:

thanks....

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
I saw a video (youtube?) maybe a year or so ago of an amazing 1P takeout. I can't find it now. Maybe someone else has seen it and can explain it.

Ball deep in pocket, possibly frozen to the facing about 1/2 way into the hole. Pocket just slightly bigger than 4 1/2.? The cb is directly in front of the pocket, about a diamond out. The cb is hit a medium soft speed, with maybe draw. The cb just squeezes in between the ob and the other facing, about even with the ob, and then....

The ob and the cb come out of the pocket at the same time, at the same rate, traveling slowly side by side, back to about the place where the cb started.

Anyone else seen this shot? the video or in a game?

Anybody shoot this shot? If so, can you talk about it, or is it locked down deep in the brotherhood handbook? If yes, I can see why.

It's a wild looking shot.:eek:

thanks....

I have seen it. I think it has to be tight pockets to do that. "slomo" has good one pocket extractions, look it up on youtube.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
(im)possible take out

Russell Parsons showed me this shot multiple times about 2 months ago. Must be tight pockets. He hit into the facing slowly, with inside English. Making sure not to hit the ball before the facing. When he squeezed the cue in there, and "pinched" the cue in the pocket, they both came out together. It was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mosconiac

Verified Member
I think you are talking about John Hennesee (Pinegar's) shot on youtube. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Couldn't find it. :(

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
I shoot this shot... It's not tough--> depending on your equipment.

The key is to figure out if it works on your table before playing it.

Pocket facings that have a more obtuse angle do better than ones that are more parallel.

It is a very table reliant shot. You can't shoot it if the pockets are too big or too small. They have to be just right.

draw definitely helps get the ball out, when it works the balls wedge into the facings then roll out together

Another Note: You probably only want to shoot it when the object ball is already frozen to the facing. It makes it much easier to execute.

Dudley