Efren playing Bobby E live at Hardtimes

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Efren

Efren

They are still playing. Set is race to 7 for lots of cheese. I believe it is 9 or 10 to six. Efren looks like he is playing well.

Bobby runs ball but moving a little weak to fool with Efren. He needs 10/5 and might not like that.

If you get a chance to watch Efren, take it. There will never be another like him.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
They are still playing. Set is race to 7 for lots of cheese. I believe it is 9 or 10 to six. Efren looks like he is playing well.

Bobby runs ball but moving a little weak to fool with Efren. He needs 10/5 and might not like that.

If you get a chance to watch Efren, take it. There will never be another like him.

I watched a bit, kids way outta line from what I've seen, unless it's lemonade.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I watched a bit, kids way outta line from what I've seen, unless it's lemonade.

Efren has way the best of it. Bobby can run balls, but the moving is weak against a top player. Looks like he was getting 9/6, that is not enough.

I played Bobby a few times 2/3 years ago and when he was on, he ran 8 and out til I was dizzy, but that was against me, not Efren. When he wasn't running 8 and out he didn't like it.

Efren looked good and ready for a run at the tournaments coming up. Hope he makes it to Hard Times in Sacramento next month.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Efren has way the best of it. Bobby can run balls, but the moving is weak against a top player. Looks like he was getting 9/6, that is not enough.

I played Bobby a few times 2/3 years ago and when he was on, he ran 8 and out til I was dizzy, but that was against me, not Efren. When he wasn't running 8 and out he didn't like it.

Efren looked good and ready for a run at the tournaments coming up. Hope he makes it to Hard Times in Sacramento next month.

Seemed to me like Efren was playing awful loose !..He almost let the 2nd set get away..He had Bobby 6/2, (going to 7) for 3K, and Bob caught him on the hill, and had a chance to win it, but couldn't.. Efren may have let up a little, because he did have the best of it. IMO

He didn't mess around the 3rd set (race to 10, for 6K) and won easily 10 to 4 (or 5)...They must have lost 12/14K, the rail was pretty heavy !..Scott Frost was woofing at Bobby's backer, saying he could get 10/5 from him !..We know how that would probably go, huh ?

It may never happen, but Bobby challenged him to play the same game at Sharks in Vegas, when Efren gets back !

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

I agree, at least not in our lifetime.

I have played the best players in the last 50 years, all of them, and yes there have been some great players but they weren't in Efren's class...:sorry Efren has earned my respect as a one pocket player more than any other player that I have ever played or watched play in the last 50 years...all of them...not even close....Reyes in his prime ran balls better than anyone..played the cue ball better than anyone....kicked better than anyone....and played pool better than anyone. Even today at his age, no one...no one...has to like it, and probably wont.

Bill Incardona .-

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

I have played the best players in the last 50 years, all of them, and yes there have been some great players but they weren't in Efren's class...:sorry Efren has earned my respect as a one pocket player more than any other player that I have ever played or watched play in the last 50 years...all of them...not even close....Reyes in his prime ran balls better than anyone..played the cue ball better than anyone....kicked better than anyone....and played pool better than anyone. Even today at his age, no one...no one...has to like it, and probably wont.

Bill Incardona .-

We have all heard of his game slipping recently, but he looked pretty good here, toying with a young gun who is a pretty good player when he is matched up right.

Efren still has too many weapons for any except the very best, and they may not like it. I hope we see him at the Markulis Memorial at Hard Times in Sacramento and the US Open One Pocket in Reno. Lots of great one pocket coming up.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Efren playing Bobby E live at Hardtimes

We have all heard of his game slipping recently, but he looked pretty good here, toying with a young gun who is a pretty good player when he is matched up right.

Efren still has too many weapons for any except the very best, and they may not like it. I hope we see him at the Markulis Memorial at Hard Times in Sacramento and the US Open One Pocket in Reno. Lots of great one pocket coming up.

I did hear that he is supposed to play in the derby this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

Bill Incardona .-

We're very lucky to have this man show up in Houston, and our lives. I think of him as our Pele. Pool/Snooker/Billiards are able to Give, decades of enjoyment of one individual, not many other sports are able to accomplish this. Golf is close, but golf does cause back issues.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
One of the great things about Efren is that he will play you cheap or for lots of cash. He is a great ambassador for the game.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Thanks for putting that link up. It's the only time I've ever seen Efren play and was well worth the time spent watching it.

For onepocket.org users, it should be mandatory to watch the DVD of the DCC One Pocket finals and semi-finals from around 2006 (??). Efren just destroys Alex P. and then Jason Miller. Anybody remember the details and have a link?

It was the most perfect one pocket I've ever seen and expect to ever see. I'm pretty sure Billy was the commentator and could describe it much better than me.

Cory

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Actually John, Bobby plays an exotic game, especially with the cue ball. He's actually very creative, however, his pedal is always on the metal. He would be a good game for me, I think it would be gambling if we played. He's going to give me shots that i'm probably not going to want to shoot.:eek: Would be interesting.

Bill Incardona

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
For onepocket.org users, it should be mandatory to watch the DVD of the DCC One Pocket finals and semi-finals from around 2006 (??). Efren just destroys Alex P. and then Jason Miller. Anybody remember the details and have a link?

It was the most perfect one pocket I've ever seen and expect to ever see. I'm pretty sure Billy was the commentator and could describe it much better than me.

Cory
I think that included a shot where Efren fell out of line by dropping lower on a cut shot to his corner than he wanted. He was kind of mad at himself, but he still had a thin cut to his pocket, so he got down real intensely and put some extreme inside draw voodoo stroke on the shot and the cue ball went up table and reversed back down for perfect shape to finish his run out. Yeah, the crowd went nuts. I think Alex bowed -- like got right on the floor and prostrated himself, but maybe that was a different match. In any case, it was out of this world One Pocket :D

The dvd is here:
http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...ayan+(Semi's)+&+Reyes/Miller+*+(Finals)+(DVD)

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I had a different take on that one pocket. Yes, Efren played great, but if you are bowing down to your opponents, and giving them all the empowering body language in the world, that is what will tend to happen, both for him and against you. So blast away, but I think there are good reasons that great pool players don't head over to the UK and play tournaments for 300k. It is partly because, I am sure some have tried, and they just wont be competitive for the above type of mental reasons. If anybody else can come up with reasons as to why some of the best ball strikers in the world are playing for 3k rather than 300k, I am all ears. I will never understand the big mystery to be honest.... those were races to 3 one pocket and you (alex) are a world class ball striker, with every chance in the world to win. It is not like you are facing Pete Sampras on his best serving day and have no chance, that is totally different. This is just how I feel, and have for a while, but I guess you have to be a world champion before anybody listens, even if it does happen to be the truth.

Let me ask a more concise question.... why didn't Efren play in snooker events? Did he ever try? Maybe he just loves pool, and dislikes snooker. Maybe he doesn't like money? You tell me. I bet the answer is that he could not win, no matter how many years he played. Maybe this simply has to do with which you played growing up? I'd love to hear opposing views on this. If you missed it, my answer is that even the best pool players could not hack it. That is just the only thing I can surmise.

Last edited:

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
Snooker has bigger events with bigger money. If these top snooker players are far superior players, why aren't they crossing the pond and winning the US open or other big money US events?

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Efren vs Jason Miller

Efren vs Jason Miller

The Match alluded to above of Efren playing Jason Miller was Efren's "Mona Lisa".

It was the most amazing exhibition of one pocket that I have ever seen.

Never seen anything close before or since.

The good thing was it WAS recorded.

Ken