cheating sharking, what do you know?

kingrichardthelionheart

Verified Member
From
westpalmbeachfl.
how can another player cheat, shark you? one guy always tilting rack on me,
what other way can you be cheated sharked?
not wanting to cheat anybody, need to be able to defend myself.
what do you watch for?
cheaters and sharks also run with accomplices right?
any good stories?

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
how can another player cheat, shark you? one guy always tilting rack on me,
what other way can you be cheated sharked?
not wanting to cheat anybody, need to be able to defend myself.
what do you watch for?
cheaters and sharks also run with accomplices right?
any good stories?

With a tilted rack, you can always switch pockets. It's only sharking if you think about it. Don't let him pay for scratches with your balls.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
i used to play snooker with a guy (i.e my father*….:eek:) who after pocketing a number ball and pulling it out to spot it might very well pull out a red at the same time and leave it right in front of the pocket with a little slight of hand…

lol
:D

(*when i got old enough to start get out and playing on my own, just preparing/teaching me things to look out for…)

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Let them do it.

Let them do it.

You get more of their money if you let it slip. Dont say a word.

Destroy the thought of getting what ur used to. If he tilts, trim the next two balls and leave him uptable..swap sides...or if you want to bring it to. His attention, roll into the head ball leaving one by your hole, owe one and. Beat him from there.
If he intentionally does it, you should beat him anyway. If by chance hes so lousy he doesnt know it, let it slide.

I creamed a guy backed by some dope dealers and caught him licking chalk. Like every piece. So i got a dry one and played him anyway using ony one piece.
After i made enough, I decided to call him on it. So he pulls up! I could have doubled or even tripled the winnings if I had kept my mouth shut.

We played a place with light tan chalk often. One of the locals(bar table pool) would put freakin baby powder on the chalk. On a barbox! He would play as long as he thought you didnt know. I played him two years that way. And he NEVER paid off the last game, and I let that slide too.

I went as far to chalk up and blast full speed ahead centerball and act like i didnt know.

You could intentionally miscue, leave him rough, and he wAs happy.

Alexonepockettrickshots

Verified Member
This page is interesting to me only so I don't get cheated. Reading over all WWYD too, just have a pounding headache so won't write much right now. The newbie situations are great.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If your short don't put the money on the light, and don't ever Post up with a house many ya don't know. Also, always leave your cuestick under table during match play.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
How about this ?

How about this ?

Here in Ft. Worth there was a couple of old timers (both dead and gone) that would palm a ball they were shooting over. While you were watching the shot , they would lift the ball off the table and go to their pocket and count the balls - of course they ended up with one more ball magically.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Here in Ft. Worth there was a couple of old timers (both dead and gone) that would palm a ball they were shooting over. While you were watching the shot , they would lift the ball off the table and go to their pocket and count the balls - of course they ended up with one more ball magically.

I'm trying to imagine what you'd of done, if this is the RN I'm thinkin' of :)
Merry Xmas, your one of the good guyz.
They do have Bigger Balls in TX :heh

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.

Robert, I was at Rusty's over Thankgiving hoping to see you and hear you are a poker fan now. All I can say about that is the 1P players are glad about that, you play a sweet game of one hole.---Smitty

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
You get more of their money if you let it slip. Dont say a word.

Destroy the thought of getting what ur used to. If he tilts, trim the next two balls and leave him uptable..swap sides...or if you want to bring it to. His attention, roll into the head ball leaving one by your hole, owe one and. Beat him from there.
If he intentionally does it, you should beat him anyway. If by chance hes so lousy he doesnt know it, let it slide.

I creamed a guy backed by some dope dealers and caught him licking chalk. Like every piece. So i got a dry one and played him anyway using ony one piece.
After i made enough, I decided to call him on it. So he pulls up! I could have doubled or even tripled the winnings if I had kept my mouth shut.

We played a place with light tan chalk often. One of the locals(bar table pool) would put freakin baby powder on the chalk. On a barbox! He would play as long as he thought you didnt know. I played him two years that way. And he NEVER paid off the last game, and I let that slide too.

I went as far to chalk up and blast full speed ahead centerball and act like i didnt know.

You could intentionally miscue, leave him rough, and he wAs happy.

I once had a guy put Vaseline on the chalk before I shot. He then picked up a new chalk for himself and I, not knowing he had doped the one I used, wiped the Vaseline on my tip. This completely ruined my tip, a LePro, and I had to put on a new tip before I could play with it again.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
A little trick

A little trick

A wet tip-shape it, and use of all things-CHALK to get moisture out. Chalk it til its light blue, no dark.

Oil-vaseline-damn, never heard that one before. Guess all you could do. Is a rough cut with knife and intense shaping lol. Funny though.

One more cheat for ya-the "wet towel" on the rail he uses to bank. Or worse- on his pocket facing. A banger used to use that every game he played, very useful playong one hole or "1 and 9" banks lol.

I once had a guy put Vaseline on the chalk before I shot. He then picked up a new chalk for himself and I, not knowing he had doped the one I used, wiped the Vaseline on my tip. This completely ruined my tip, a LePro, and I had to put on a new tip before I could play with it again.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
playing rack your own a guy down here tilts rack, makes a ball on break 4 out of 5 times.
sometimes breaks and runs out.

Obviously, he can't be tilting the rack all the way to making the corner ball dead or he would be in trouble for that. So I am assuming he tilts it just a little a certain way and has a certain break he uses to improve his chances of making a ball? I would like to hear more :D

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
cheating

cheating

Countless times I've had guys argue the score of a match saying that "they forgot to mark the last game" but when I can describe every game that we had played so far they end up making up some game that happened 2 or 3 games before. I'll even mark my opponents score and tell him just to make sure things are not missed and that everything is right. Best is when I've had this happen in a tournament that is Alternate Break and the Lower handicap breaks first - I counted out all the games and this guy still tried to convince me he had an extra point...

I've had guys that will go walk over near the pocket I'm shooting, and right before I shoot they walk right in front of me, or reach for the chalk on the rail near the pocket. I try to stay focused and drill the ball center pocket when they do this.

Typically if a guy is trying to shark/cheat me it gets me more focused and determined. If someone needs to cheat to win, it tells me they are not as good of a player and they are grasping at straws to try to win.

Due to my honesty and reputation, I've had opponents ask for a hit call and they are ok with me calling the hit. Or opposing teams need a hit call and someone suggests me - 1 or 2 people on the other team say "he can't call it, its his own teammate" but the captain or someone else on the team points out it will be ok if I do it.