frost vs brumback #238

8andout

Verified Member
one rail the 10 ball with top right english and play the cueball 2 rails up by the top left corner pocket doubling your opponent up on the balls on your opponents side rail

What are you going to shoot next if your ball goes in?

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
one rail the 10 ball with top right english and play the cueball 2 rails up by the top left corner pocket doubling your opponent up on the balls on your opponents side rail

I like banking the ten ball fat with draw horizontal 9'oclock stun draw, with excessive l/side horizontal spin, the obj. ball speed and cue ball angle off long rail is a natural to not leave a shot, and maybe run a few. Worst case, freeze on the lower ball on the foot rail. Play all cue ball on this shot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Frost might bank the 10 ball because he's fearless; but it's a semi-Kamakaze shot, since if he misses, it's almost impossible to play safe. The 10 can't be banked straight back and also leave the CB in the stack. If he uses high right on the straight back in order to leave the CB up in the right hand corner (as we view the table), it sells out the 15.

If the 9 passes the 4, he might have a three ball combination bank to his hole. Then he could stun the CB up to the upper left hand corner, leaving a long combination that is not going to be attempted.

Otherwise just take an intentional scratch, rolling the CB up to the left hand corner pocket. The balls on Scott's side do not bank from there.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

is this your shot??
purple line trying to show the 2:1 line for the bank and the tangent if you hit that way
dont mean to show its going for a scratch

Attachments

• js10.jpg
    js10.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I like banking the ten ball fat with draw horizontal 9'oclock stun draw, with excessive l/side horizontal spin, the obj. ball speed and cue ball angle off long rail is a natural to not leave a shot, and maybe run a few. Worst case, freeze on the lower ball on the foot rail. Play all cue ball on this shot.

is this your shot??
js11.jpg

onepockethacker

Verified Member
is this your shot??
purple line trying to show the 2:1 line for the bank and the tangent if you hit that way
dont mean to show its going for a scratch

Pretty close Larry but the cueball will hit just below the side pocket(the other side of the side pocket that you diagraamed) then the right english will spin the cueball to the 2nd diamond on your own side rail than back across near your opponents corner pocket

onepockethacker

Verified Member
What are you going to shoot next if your ball goes in?

It depends exactly where the cueball ends up. If it ends up on his side rail and I have an angle im shooting the 3 ball next into my pocket and floating the cueball between the 5 ball and 7 ball. OR I can also combo the top stripe on his side rail into the outside of the stripe by his pocket sending both stripes and probably the 7 ball flying toward my side( this is a real power shot.. OR if i want to be passive I can just knock the 7 ball away.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It depends exactly where the cueball ends up. If it ends up on his side rail and I have an angle im shooting the 3 ball next into my pocket and floating the cueball between the 5 ball and 7 ball. OR I can also combo the top stripe on his side rail into the outside of the stripe by his pocket sending both stripes and probably the 7 ball flying toward my side( this is a real power shot.. OR if i want to be passive I can just knock the 7 ball away.

all you guys look at the shot he is describing and BURN IT INTO YOUR HEAD
jmho....:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
scott took an intentional foul to get to the upper left corner
i was surprised the route he took and he almost scratched
(he came much closer to the pocket than the purple line indicates....see the pic of the leave)
he did leave brumback tough
since this was the next shot sfter the original shot of the thread i included it
really to ask the question of you all which path would you have taken to get there??
the path i preferr takes the scratch out of the question and and i like coming off the rail to the landing spot rather than having to stop the cue ball on a spot
js6.jpg

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

If the 9 passes the 4, he might have a three ball combination bank to his hole. Then he could stun the CB up to the upper left hand corner, leaving a long combination that is not going to be attempted.

Otherwise just take an intentional scratch, rolling the CB up to the left hand corner pocket. The balls on Scott's side do not bank from there.

Doc

All right. Scott is much more discerning than I gave him credit for...;)

~Doc

jalapus logan

Verified Member
here is how he jeft john

I guess for my level of ability, I would strongly consider an intentional foul shooting whitey off of the side rail putting Scott right where he was just shooting from. I personally don't like my chances of controlling a favorable outcome from the distance that John is at as shown here. It is a simple shot and one that is easy to execute. Further, Scott didn't like that position to begin with, so maybe he would not like it one more time.

Playing John B 1 hole is pretty fun, BTW. He shoots those straight backs like they are absolute hangers from almost any position. I know, as I have been on the receiving end of that plenty...:frus

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Good call Doc, now what does John do from here for a little milk to go with that cookie?

Heh, heh. Frank, there are oodles of shots here.;) If the angle is there he can bank the 3 cross corner and bank the CB off the short rail back up into the stack.

Where the CB lays doesn't look just right, but if he could easily cue it low he could shoot straight ahead into the 12 and try to stop it right there.

It looks like the angle maybe there to roll off the left side of the 14 and either drift the CB down behind the 5 ball, or off the short rail up behind the 3.

It'll be interesting to see what JB did do... He may have taken a swing at that 3 ball.

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Lotta options here, shoot this shot or two rail and draw into the stack.
Weak safety as afar as I can see. ;)
Rod.
P.S. I'd shoot this cause I don't draw so well anymore.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 0