Attachments

• ScreenShot004.jpg
    ScreenShot004.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I am guessing but rail first kick combo on the 13 to the 7, one tip inside, one tip low on the cue... catch the bottom of the 10 and run out...

B

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Hit r/s of thirteen with 9 o'clock spinner. I will pocket the seven and play shape for the ten, pretty easy shot for me.

That is probably what Rod did, with the 13 ball banking into the spotted balls and opening them up for his run out - with the cue ball spinning off of the 2nd ball with the applied left hand english and getting behind the opened balls.

Beard

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
I don't know if its right , but I like double banking the 7 and slide over for the 13 if I get an angle to loosen up the 3 balls on the second shot I can maybe get out. I like the double bank in that spot

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I am guessing but rail first kick combo on the 13 to the 7, one tip inside, one tip low on the cue... catch the bottom of the 10 and run out...

B

Yeah, you're correct. Rail first, seven went and thirteen up about 2 diamonds on the long rail, CB down the table straight in. I made it and banked the ten ball.
Rod.
P.S. I like Island's carom, didn't think of it. Playing too high I guess. :)

8andout

Verified Member
Carom the 13 off the back of the 7. Hit the 10 with the cueball. This shot gives you the most cueball control.

sidepocketkid

Verified Member
cb with lots of follow off 13, pockets the 7, 13 breaks up the 3 spotted balls, cb goes up table and you get out from there.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I like the carom off the thirteen, pocket the seven with right hand spin. Cue ball plays off end rail then to side rail and out to the middle of the table. The thirteen banks into the spotted balls and you are off to the races.

By using right hand spin the cue ball does not need to be hit hard due to the natural direction of the shot and giving more control and more assurance of getting to the proper side of the table for continuing the run. Also, the right hand spin makes it easy to twist the thirteen on the proper path to break out the spotted balls.

Tom

onepockethacker

Verified Member
and right after all you guys playing the carom miss it and sell completely out I just want to know whose break is it?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
and right after all you guys playing the carom miss it and sell completely out I just want to know whose break is it?

Every time I miss a carom I force myself to lose 10 lbs. As I still weigh 250 lbs you can imagine how few caroms I have missed throughout the years. Anybody who cant make that carom should get a job in the post office licking stamps.:sorry

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Every time I miss a carom I force myself to lose 10 lbs. As I still weigh 250 lbs you can imagine how few caroms I have missed throughout the years. Anybody who cant make that carom should get a job in the post office licking stamps.:sorry

Beard

Its a good thing your specialty is Banks and not Caroms. :sorry This is one time playing one pocket when close isnt worth shit.. Now if the balls were actually set up a little different it would go but as they are set up in the diagram all the carom would be showing is how you lose a game you got total position in

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Its a good thing your specialty is Banks and not Caroms. :sorry This is one time playing one pocket when close isnt worth shit.. Now if the balls were actually set up a little different it would go but as they are set up in the diagram all the carom would be showing is how you lose a game you got total position in

If I miss that carom I promise to swap spits with Elena Kagan. The last time I missed a carom I was so upset, that to punish myself I taped Nancy Pelosi's bicycle seat to my face. Now you know why I never miss any anymore.

Beard

Last edited: