N. Feijen vs. S. Woodward (#2) 2013 Tunica

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like the twice across on the 5 too, as long as you don't sell out a bank on the pink. I also like the 5 cross-side, with low english and speed.

A good safety would be to simply roll up onto the 1 ball.

Doc

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I like the twice across on the 5 too, as long as you don't sell out a bank on the pink. I also like the 5 cross-side, with low english and speed.

A good safety would be to simply roll up onto the 1 ball.

Doc

I also like the cross side on the 5-ball. You have a nice big target in the side pocket and the cue ball caroms pretty directly into the 4 ball. to me that's a lot higher percentage than the two-railer.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Cross the two ball, if you miss two balls spot and help with the safety. :)
Rod.
I looked at that shot too, but I wasn't positive about the kiss. There probably is not a kiss though. You mean the 2 straight back, right? I don't understand the part about spotting two balls...

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I looked at that shot too, but I wasn't positive about the kiss. There probably is not a kiss though. You mean the 2 straight back, right? I don't understand the part about spotting two balls...

Doc

Doc.
Yes a kiss is there to duck, but doable.
He made two balls on the break and is still shooting, when/if he misses they spot up.
Rod.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I make the 2 ball the second best shot. Granted 2 balls spotting up should take care of most of the free shot factor. However, the cue ball could land just right on that shot and might leave a hanger cross corner with either of the 2 balls down there by the short rail.

The cross corner twice is 90% free. Stop the cue ball and you could only leave a marginal off angle staight back (maybe). The ball you shoot might even block that straight back.

Beard

The 2 railer is laying pretty much perfect.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I make the 2 ball the second best shot. Granted 2 balls spotting up should take care of most of the free shot factor. However, the cue ball could land just right on that shot and might leave a hanger cross corner with either of the 2 balls down there by the short rail.

The cross corner twice is 90% free. Stop the cue ball and you could only leave a marginal off angle staight back (maybe). The ball you shoot might even block that straight back.

Beard

The 2 railer is laying pretty much perfect.

Beard -

Why the 2 railer verses the 1 rail?

I only use the 2 rail if a pocket is blocked, arent we adding another variable?

Seriously wanting to learn, so thanks in advance.

Ken

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Feijen shot the only shot I would never have guessed. He banked the 9 cross-side and it hit the tit, it looked like it was going in anyway but the cueball came and knocked it in, preventing a probable scratch in the process but negating the shot.

nf shot.jpg

nf shot2.jpg

nf's shot.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Feijen shot the only shot I would never have guessed. He banked the 9 cross-side and it hit the tit, it looked like it was going in anyway but the cueball came and knocked it in, preventing a probable scratch in the process but negating the shot.

View attachment 9159

View attachment 9160

View attachment 9161
Yeah, that is a natural scratch/kiss track for that kind of bank. I don't know what Feijen used for english, but he might have been okay if he hit it with a little inside. A lot of people naturally want to use outside, but that can put the cue ball right on that scratch/kiss track, and it also puts a little extra speed on the cue ball, which in this case could have led to a nice cross side on the five ball for the next shooter had he missed.

In my opinion, the cross side on the 5 would have been a much easier shot, and the cue ball would have been better contained by bumping immediately into the 4-ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Yeah, I don't know why he chose that particular shot. He might just like that kind of backwards bank. He might have been thinking that the CB would be safe if he missed, traveling three rails to the head of the table. Feijen is a great shooter, but it's safe to say that bank pool is not his best game.

Doc

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Dont you see that the 5 ball is blocking at least 1/2 of the pocket?

Beard

I was confused.

I was banking the 5 one rail to the side.

I finally understood you guys are saying banking the 5 two rails to the corner.

UGH.

Killing me.

So why not the 5 one rail to the side? Cue ball runs into the 4 so no scratch.

Trying to learn.

Ken

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In my opinion, the cross side on the 5 would have been a much easier shot, and the cue ball would have been better contained by bumping immediately into the 4-ball.

I think you are right, I liked the 5 ball too. I don't know why it took him an extension of the time clock to figure out the wrong shot. I thought the 5 cross-side was the shot as soon as the balls stopped rolling. Early in the game, first shot after the break, and you'll probably leave nothing but a long straight-back if you miss, all depending on just where the 4 stops.

Dennis

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I was confused.

I was banking the 5 one rail to the side.

I finally understood you guys are saying banking the 5 two rails to the corner.

UGH.

Killing me.

So why not the 5 one rail to the side? Cue ball runs into the 4 so no scratch.

Trying to learn.

Ken

Its a question of do you like cutting balls or shooting them straight dead in? The 5 goes cross side but it is a severe cut. The cross corner twice is a shot that can be hit dead on, and you know exactly where all the balls are going to be after you shoot it. Cross side 5, and you aint sure where the cue ball or the object ball you run into is going to go. If you want to play a controlled game that is how you do it.

People dont like the twice cross corner is often because they dont know much about shooting it. Thems that aint familiar with that shot probably should be playing a different game.:sorry

Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
two railer

two railer

I know its the bank forum... but all kind of two railers come up in one pocket... and if you hit them right it is a great move and safety... just for the reason Freddie said... control both balls....

B

ps trying to learn how to bank....

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
Its a question of do you like cutting balls or shooting them straight dead in? The 5 goes cross side but it is a severe cut. The cross corner twice is a shot that can be hit dead on, and you know exactly where all the balls are going to be after you shoot it. Cross side 5, and you aint sure where the cue ball or the object ball you run into is going to go. If you want to play a controlled game that is how you do it.

People dont like the twice cross corner is often because they dont know much about shooting it. Thems that aint familiar with that shot probably should be playing a different game.:sorry

Beard

We all gotta learn my friend. :frus

Ken