what the pro shot may or may not be the best shot for you
but as grady would say to me you are
"in a pickle"
yy1.jpg

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
here's how i shoot this one, i've had great success.

Half ball hit, low right. QB goes three or four rails and ends up close to the corner where the OB ball was. OB ball goes two or three rails and ends up around the top right corner.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Danny Diliberto would recommend that you kick two rails into the ball, and try to send it to your pocket, while the cue ball goes uptable. Since some left english would be required, it would be touchy, but Danny wouldn't mind, as long as he was not the shooter. I kept hoping someone would do it in an AccuStats match, but I can't remember seeing it. That's Danny's second-favorite shot.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Danny Diliberto would recommend that you kick two rails into the ball, and try to send it to your pocket, while the cue ball goes uptable. Since some left english would be required, it would be touchy, but Danny wouldn't mind, as long as he was not the shooter. I kept hoping someone would do it in an AccuStats match, but I can't remember seeing it. That's Danny's second-favorite shot.

And we all know what his 1st favorite shot is, as long as he's not the shooter.:p.

One of his "friends" should let him know the game has passed him by.

Dennis

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I would fairly lightly kick one rail -- just to send the ball over toward the opposite side pocket. Lots of left english. The cue ball has to kick into the upper part of the ball or the object ball does not go high enough to prevent a bank.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-10-29_07-51-22.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-10-29_07-51-22.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1

Mike

Verified Member
You may be able to bank it back to your hole. Hard to tell from the pic if it lays right. If it does, there's not a lot of risk.

Ken_4fun

Verified Member
I have played alot of guys that will kick that to their hole. Usually with some success, but ....

The guy that taught me told me to NEVER shoot that shot as it is too big of a risk of a sell out bank.

Hard to shoot a shot when you can hear one of your old teachers sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear...(he is in heaven now).

Ken

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I have played alot of guys that will kick that to their hole. Usually with some success, but ....

The guy that taught me told me to NEVER shoot that shot as it is too big of a risk of a sell out bank.

Hard to shoot a shot when you can hear one of your old teachers sitting on your shoulder whispering in your ear...(he is in heaven now).

Ken

That kick shot for the hole is no good without a few other balls to provide cover. With one ball on the table that shot is pure sucker heaven.

Tom

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I would fairly lightly kick one rail -- just to send the ball over toward the opposite side pocket. Lots of left english. The cue ball has to kick into the upper part of the ball or the object ball does not go high enough to prevent a bank.

That was my choice Steve. Simple to do and usually gets good results.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Lets take a fairer look at the kick shot. Not all kick shots of this kind are the same. The key to this type of a kick is to hit high on the side rail (first rail) and with "extreme" english spin to the bottom rail first. This method of shooting the kick will assure you of leaving the area of danger with the cue ball and go "up table" with it. However, you must be certain that you hit far enough in front of the kicked ball to get the results needed.

The problem with this kick shot is the angle is pretty flat, and because of that the method of kicking that I described may not be suitable for this kick shot unless you were certain to hit at least 1/2" on the rail before contacting the kicked ball.

Bill Incardona

bstroud

Verified Member
I would cross over the object ball with high left to spin the cue ball to the middle of the end rail and the object ball to the side rail about the 1 1/2 -2 diamond.

Very safe shot and a good result.

Bill S.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would cross over the object ball with high left to spin the cue ball to the middle of the end rail and the object ball to the side rail about the 1 1/2 -2 diamond.

Very safe shot and a good result.

Bill S.

mr.stroud i hope this is an accurate example of your shot
be cause its an option not often mentioned in this situation
yy9.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i was curious who was in the kick behind it cs
amp vs the hit it first and 2 rail out of there
strouds shot i think we all should put in our think tank as its a good shot in my opinion
easy to execute with little risk to go wrong

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
edited so the top picture is what mike shot .the bottom pic was strouds suggestion

jtompilot
cornbread liked your shot as did freddy in real time...:)
mike decided to kick from behind with more force than steve showed not sure how hard frank wanted to hit it
red said as mike shot it "thats a dangerous shot"
if it falls in the side pocket you leave an easy shot for your opponent
anyway here is the shot and how he left johnny
a 2 railer which he barely missed
yy5.jpg

yy3.jpg

Attachments

• yy9.jpg
    yy9.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: