E. Reyes vs. S. Woodward 2013 Tunica

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Spin bank the 7 (I believe it's the 7) cross corner with low outside and take whitey 3 rails to the bottom cushion. As JB would say... "it's free as a bird".

Tough shot, but even if you miss you will leave the OB up by the top left corner and your opponent will not be able to shoot it straight back with the 2 ball in the bottom left corner. This puts him in a difficult position because he can't just shoot the 7 straight into the hole as Efren would just make the 2 and get both balls back in play.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There is only one sure thing to do, needing two. I will however, hold off my option and give others a chance to think their way out of this situation.

Beard

pvclou

Verified Member

I'm so confused here. Who's pocket is who's and what's the ball count?

pvclou

Verified Member

Oops! This is bank pool.

Ok. What about banking the 7 straight back pocket speed. Try to at least hang it up. Leave CB up table. If u don't make it but hang it he has to give up one on the spot. Maybe u get a bunny out of it

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
As much as I would hate doing it I would pocket the 2ball and position the cue ball on the bottom rail around the diamond nearest the pocket the 2ball is in. From there you're putting a lot of pressure on your opponent, especially with the 7ball sitting in an ideal position for you to play shape for if your opponent should falter. What i'm not going to do is to battle for the 7ball while the 2ball remains hanging in the pocket with me needing both balls.

Dr. Bill

tsk7878

Verified Member
From
chicago,il
wwyd

wwyd

I watched Woodward at DCC last yr and was very impressed, cool and doesn't miss much,wouldn't want to leave him ANY shot

Jimmy B

Verified Member
If I played as good as Efrin I would just make the two and go in behind it. He can run his three as soon as he gets a shot. No problem...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
If I played as good as Efrin I would just make the two and go in behind it. He can run his three as soon as he gets a shot. No problem...

As good as Efren banked playing 9-Ball or One-Pocket he still can't bank playing Banks. He's never developed a "bank pool player's stroke". He constantly hits balls with the wrong speed, a serious detriment to a Bank player. I wouldn't count on him getting 3 before anyone else gets 1.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
As much as I would hate doing it I would pocket the 2ball and position the cue ball on the bottom rail around the diamond nearest the pocket the 2ball is in. From there you're putting a lot of pressure on your opponent, especially with the 7ball sitting in an ideal position for you to play shape for if your opponent should falter. What i'm not going to do is to battle for the 7ball while the 2ball remains hanging in the pocket with me needing both balls.

Dr. Bill

That last sentence is the clue to the solution. That is exactly what to be thinking of in that situation. However, your solution to knock off the 2 ball is in no way the correct path to take to achieve the main goal of your last sentence.:sorry

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I don't think it's smart to try to make the 7 here. Then you'd have to pocket the deuce and try to leave whitey safe. I'd most likely bank the 7 with high right back close toward the 2 ball, and try to leave the CB on the short rail. Let him try to fire at something, and hope to get better position on the next inning.

Doc

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Try to hang the 7 ball in the pocket.:)
Rod.

Bingo! Rod, you are the most underestimated force on this forum. You have to be the Rodney they were talking about at LeCue when I was there in either 70 or 72. Medium height, nice looking, a BM by trade, and a high roller and a straight ticket. We never got down but I did seek you out. I have forgotten our conversation.

I aint sure about this, but I vaguely remember asking you to play Onepocket (and why wouldnt I? I played Greg Stevens the 1st day I was there) but we didnt connect.

Hang the 7 ball and do your level best to make sure your opponent is the one that ends up pocketing it. Then you of course, knock off the 2 ball after the 7 is spotted, rail 1st off of the long rail, then 3 rails back to the end rail, forcing your oppo to open up the spotted balls giving you a chance to win.

This position comes up often when you need all the balls and there is a ball hanging in the foot pocket, stymieing you. You always try to get a ball on the spot to provide cover for your knocking off the hanging ball.

Beard

Cardone, luckily, gets half a cookie for providing the principle but not the solution.:sorry:lol

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That last sentence is the clue to the solution. That is exactly what to be thinking of in that situation. However, your solution to knock off the 2 ball is in no way the correct path to take to achieve the main goal of your last sentence.:sorry

Beard

Freddy,

It seems that Danny D. needs a bank lesson from you. He advocated rolling in the 2 ball and leaving the cueball in the corner and leaving the free cross-side:):D:p. Then he had the audacity to say he did not like the shot Efren shot which is below. Tough to tell if he hit rail-first or the ball and rail at the same time:

For the record, trying to play off the 7 ball without making it is the move. Rod gets a cookie:).

er's shot.jpg

He left Skyler here:

er's leave.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Freddy,

It seems that Danny D. needs a bank lesson from you. He advocated rolling in the 2 ball and leaving the cueball in the corner and leaving the free cross-side:):D:p. Then he had the audacity to say he did not like the shot Efren shot which is below. Tough to tell if he hit rail-first or the ball and rail at the same time:

For the record, trying to play off the 7 ball without making it is the move. Rod gets a cookie:).

View attachment 9061

He left Skyler here:

View attachment 9062

Reyes shot the right shot imo. Had Reyes positioned the cue ball nearer the diamond on the rail Skyler would of been in trouble. Sometimes we have to gamble when the prize is more than our opponent can afford to pay. Reyes shot a shot that he could execute at a high percentage and hit it a little bad but still has a legitimate chance of winning the game.

Trying to hang the 7ball from the position Reyes would be shooting from is a very low % shot and most likely would leave Skyler in a position to make a return shot that would force Reyes to pocket a ball. Then Reyes would be in an unenviable situation of having to deal with Skyler "free popping" at the loose ball while the 2ball remains hanging. Which is exactly what he can't afford to have happen. Like I said, "sometimes you have to gamble, especially if the reward is something your opponent can't afford to pay" And for that reason alone Reyes shot a very viable shot.

Dr. Bill