J. Hall vs. J. Pinegar 2013 Tunica

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There is only 1 shot, believe me. Off the outside left edge of the 7 ball with follow, to the short rail underneath the 4 ball, then to the long rail behind the 3 ball, and then back up the table for a safety.

Beard

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I was wondering if a half ball hit on the 1, leave the qb in front of the corner with the 4 blocking a couple of the banks. The 9 might also clog a lane.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't like anything, but since I have to do something, I might play the pink 4 three rails toward the side pocket, but mainly following the cue ball straight back up the table. Just a touch of inside if necessary. Playing mostly cue ball of course, but the three rail path is there.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-10-20_20-50-24.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-10-20_20-50-24.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You must know him well:). He played the 8 ball straight-back but he fired it into the 9 ball.

View attachment 9048

He left Pinegar here:

View attachment 9049

Guys that try to shoot their way out of everything. Too proud to use their brain and try to think thru the situation. Like I said, guys like this, after I broke them they would go on two week drunks or dope binges.

Beard

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If he wanted to shoot, the 3 straight back was an easier shot. There's no kiss. But the CB couldn't have turned out much worse than after the 8 ball miss.;)

But I believe that the safety is the best shot here. I'll tell ya though, Hall is a great banker. I watched him quite a bit at Tunica, and the guy has to be one of the best bankers today.

Doc

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
I like making the 7 and getting back to the rail. The over head shot makes me think there is a possible kiss on the 3, Doc, especially shooting off the rail. I hate shooting off the rail. Then again I am not nealy as expert at this as you's guys.

Later, Pel

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Guys that try to shoot their way out of everything. Too proud to use their brain and try to think thru the situation. Like I said, guys like this, after I broke them they would go on two week drunks or dope binges.

Beard

Well... he really isn't your typical run and gunner. He won the 2012 Southern Classic Bank Pool championship, was the SC All-Around champion, and then placed 2nd in 2013 Derby City Classic Bank Pool event.

Aggressive... yes... does it work for him... yes...

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Well... he really isn't your typical run and gunner. He won the 2012 Southern Classic Bank Pool championship, was the SC All-Around champion, and then placed 2nd in 2013 Derby City Classic Bank Pool event.

Aggressive... yes... does it work for him... yes...

Never said he wasnt a good player, what I did mean is that he is not a finished player, and if he comes up against one in a long stretch and for big money, those little piccadillo's will come back to haunt him. He aint always going to be young and fearless.

Beard

His aggressive style works for him because he is executing excellently. How would he do if he never hardly missed and also played dynamite safeties? He is not winning because he is shooting harrigans, he is winning in spite of them, ala Keith McCready and Cole Dickson who shot just like that, and who I broke when I could defend myself and they tried playing harrigan bank pool.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like making the 7 and getting back to the rail. The over head shot makes me think there is a possible kiss on the 3, Doc, especially shooting off the rail. I hate shooting off the rail. Then again I am not nealy as expert at this as you's guys.

Later, Pel

Pel, as Grady always said, if you can shoot the ball straight into the hole, then there's no kiss. I could be wrong, but it looks to my eye like the 3 could be shot straight into the corner pocket. But it IS a tough shot, especially off the rail, as you say. But the safety is the much better shot here.

BTW, you're planning on Gulfport on Nov. 9th, right? Skeeter's "2nd Saturday" 1P tourny.

Doc

oldspurguy

Verified Member
From
Beaumont, Texas
What hole are you banking the seven to? I don't see it.

After reading again, I assume you are not talking about banking it, but making it and playing safe.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Later, Pel

Not only possible but probable, something must be done.
Rod.

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Yo Doc

Yo Doc

I will be working until 3:00 on the 9th so I don't think I can make it. :sorry

Sooner or later it will work out when I'm off.

Later, Pel