F. Bustamante vs. E. Reyes 2013 Tunica

senor

Verified Member
With two balls that look dead for me, and no safe way to get to them, I may just punt, kicking behind the 5 ball in order to protect these dead ones and try to get in a position where I can run some balls.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
In the real world, I'd probably just knock the 5 out and get next to or under the 3 ball.

In a WWYD on the internet, I'd bank the 3-ball very hard into the bottom of the 4 and send the 7 and 8 to my hole, while knocking the 5 ball away from Efren's pocket and leave the cue by his hole.

I might try it in the real world anyway. Worst case is that I clear both of Efren's balls and move some more balls to my side.

This shot might be a little tricky to reach for a right-hander.

Cory

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
In the real world, I'd probably just knock the 5 out and get next to or under the 3 ball.

In a WWYD on the internet, I'd bank the 3-ball very hard into the bottom of the 4 and send the 7 and 8 to my hole, while knocking the 5 ball away from Efren's pocket and leave the cue by his hole.

I might try it in the real world anyway. Worst case is that I clear both of Efren's balls and move some more balls to my side.

This shot might be a little tricky to reach for a right-hander.

Cory

Hey Cory, Who's putting up the cash for you to play this game, Buddy?
I hope he has a strong heart. :D :sorry

Tom

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
To me the two ball is sitting perfect to go by kicking at the eleven ball and hitting it on either side. I looks like it will throw in just right and probably get another shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm taking out the 5ball and snuggling up close to the 3ball and look to get a better shot at a later time. If I can't comfortably reach that shot then i'm playing senor's shot and soft kicking the 5ball.

The 2ball looks to be dead but that shot is not going anywhere, which will make Reyes job more difficult , in terms of defending the position.

Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Well I go with the SidePocket Schofield Kid's shot. But if you're to psszy to do that just three rail that ball into that line of balls and put one next to your pocket and snuggle him up against that ball and leave the stack alone for now, which favors you anyway. Either way, it's CAKE...

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
cut in the 10, break open that pack of balls and run out.

I too am all for cutting the ten. If the ten is frozen I would spin the cue ball around the stack with left hand English. There is no need to break open the stack here with what looks like the 2 and the 8 being dead and with the 15 loose as well you have all you need to get out without disturbing the stack. The only potential drawback to this shot is the possible scratch in the side pocket. Got to watch out for that.

Tom

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Dr. Bill shot my shot while I was diagraming mine and short stopped me. I thought for a minute he was at the Open. I got the stream for today to support Accu-Stats and came in to see Hohmann playing a guy. But after looking closer, I noticed it was not Incardona, but RJ Caromona, a local who had won a local qualifier. Hohmann dispatched him in short order....

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Well I go with the SidePocket Schofield Kid's shot. But if you're to psszy to do that just three rail that ball into that line of balls and put one next to your pocket and snuggle him up against that ball and leave the stack alone for now, which favors you anyway. Either way, it's CAKE...

I like your shot Jimmy and I would shoot it if I didn't have the 10 ball to cut right now. Why go for hamburger when there is steak on the plate?

Tom

Cory in dc

Verified Member
No shit, Sherlock. I can't believe everybody missed this obvious best shot. Except I'm not sure I'd open the rack. I might go North of the combo and play it first.

Dammit, I'm so used to looking for a strong move in these WWYDs that I completely missed the 10-ball. Never even crossed my mind! I do that in a game now and then, too. That's why I get the big spots.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like your shot Jimmy and I would shoot it if I didn't have the 10 ball to cut right now. Why go for hamburger when there is steak on the plate?

Tom

Tom, that shot is not reachable for a right handed player, even if it was it certainly no "gimme" Oops, I forgot, Busty shoots real good from behind his back.:lol

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Tom, that shot is not reachable for a right handed player, even if it was it certainly no "gimme" Oops, I forgot, Busty shoots real good from behind his back.:lol

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill, The shot is quite reachable. When I first saw the diagram I felt it would be but just to be sure I decided to set it up on my table and left room of error making the shot more difficult to reach. I still was able to reach this shot without going behind my back or having to resort to a bridge. A little stretch was all it took. The trick is in avoiding the side pocket if using inside English. Bill, if the 10 is frozen the shot is almost a gimme.

I cannot imagine Busty not shooting the 10 and spinning the rock. I have suspicions Dennis is merely having a bit of fun with us but it would not surprise me in the least if Busty cuts the 10 and scratches in the side. BTW I have not seen what happens here. Only guessing.

Tom

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Shoot the hanger/whatever (either English) and get where you can shoot the 4 ball combo and get safe. It looks dead !
Rod.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
With two balls that look dead for me, and no safe way to get to them, I may just punt, kicking behind the 5 ball in order to protect these dead ones and try to get in a position where I can run some balls.

This is exactly what Bustamante shot:). I was surprised.

jb's shot.jpg

He left Efren here:

jb's leave.jpg

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
As well as Busty shoots and as well as Efren kicks I too am surprised he took this option. I can't say as to what Efren does to extract himself from this problem but at least he has a shot at pulling something Efrenees. (new word?):)

Tom