J. Parica vs. Bugs 1992 L.O.P.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Well your shot choice lost another game... DING, DING, DING, :p AT LEAST YOUR CONSISTENT

Everybody knows I'm a hacker and a gofer. As I mentioned it was a WWYD thread, Why do you keep scolding me and yelling at me with uppercase. :eek: If I'm not allowed to participate in these threads,
please have Steve speak to me.
Rod.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Everybody knows I'm a hacker and a gofer. As I mentioned it was a WWYD thread, Why do you keep scolding me and yelling at me with uppercase. :eek: If I'm not allowed to participate in these threads,
please have Steve speak to me.
Rod.

Ok Im sorry.. You are one of those guys that like to dish it out but can't take it.. This site has a few like that... Nice call on your shot

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Ok Im sorry.. You are one of those guys that like to dish it out but can't take it.. This site has a few like that... Nice call on your shot

Rod was the first guy on here to directly criticize a shot choice of mine. He did it in a very non-personal, non-offensive, very instructive way. I've never seen him flex his ego too much. If you want to be top dog on this website, go ahead and fight it out with the other guys who want to be top dog. I, and I suspect Rod too, will be happy to just be one of the pack.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Rod was the first guy on here to directly criticize a shot choice of mine. He did it in a very non-personal, non-offensive, very instructive way. I've never seen him flex his ego too much. If you want to be top dog on this website, go ahead and fight it out with the other guys who want to be top dog. I, and I suspect Rod too, will be happy to just be one of the pack.

As my Asian buddy would say "Ed Zachary light"
Rod.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Art, the option that Parica chose and his execution of it was pretty good, to say the least. Looking at the results of the shot imo he shot the correct shot, especially when you consider the score and ball position.I thought the stripe that he banked was sitting a little high for him to get the results he wanted, however, I was mistaken, excellent shot.

Dr. Bill
The two-railer was a difficult shot, and it occurred to me that he was afraid of leaving that ball dangling out there, since Bugs was such a deadly banker. Turns out it was the 2nd or 3rd best choice because he had to execute the CB perfectly.

As I said before, the easy pockets made it too tempting for Bugs to shoot the cut shot; and apparently he ran out from there. Tougher pockets, different pro-- they probably would've kicked the stripe from Parica's hole. For example Bugs and Buddy would have shot. Varner and Fusco would have kicked...;)

Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I must say that I like the two railer, just not with this ball lay out. Locking the qb up to the 7 and setting a trap should have been child's play for these guys.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Maybe Bugs came with a shot but he's not in a trap.
That ball near the corner doesn't look to tough to take out. So the question is What did Jose accomplish with his shot? Not much in my book and I'm horrible.
Jim, the shot Parica chose was a good option when you consider the score and how the balls were positioned. Imo it's a mistake to judge Parica's choice of shots based on the results that Bugs got with his shot option, and anyone that feels that you should is playing results, period. Parica's shot could have came out differently in many ways, and even the results he got weren't bad at all. Bugs had to come with a good shot and he did, you just have to pay him off, that's all. Sometimes we play a good shot and lose, and then other times we may play a bad shot and win, that's why it's hard to judge a shot option solely on the outcome of shots that follow. In this instance Parica had to gamble because of the score and ball position, and there certainly no guarantee when you gamble, as we all should know.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The two-railer was a difficult shot, and it occurred to me that he was afraid of leaving that ball dangling out there, since Bugs was such a deadly banker. Turns out it was the 2nd or 3rd best choice because he had to execute the CB perfectly.

As I said before, the easy pockets made it too tempting for Bugs to shoot the cut shot; and apparently he ran out from there. Tougher pockets, different pro-- they probably would've kicked the stripe from Parica's hole. For example Bugs and Buddy would have shot. Varner and Fusco would have kicked...;)

Doc

Actually Art, I would want Bugs to shoot if I were playing him in this type of a situation. Bugs shot, and imo that's what Parica wanted him to do.

Knowing when to gamble is a big part in selecting options when playing any game, no different when playing one pocket. From my experience when playing gambling games more people play conservatively than aggressively, and aggressive players just seem to win more.;)

By the way, Rod knows more about gambling than anyone that post on this site, and I have learned quite a bit by just observing what he post. And Petie is right when he says that Rod doesn't have a big ego, however, I wouldn't be mad at him if he did.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

onepockethacker

Verified Member
jim, the shot parica chose was a good option when you consider the score and how the balls were positioned. Imo it's a mistake to judge parica's choice of shots based on the results that bugs got with his shot option, and anyone that feels that you should is playing results, period. Parica's shot could have came out differently in many ways, and even the results he got weren't bad at all. Bugs had to come with a good shot and he did, you just have to pay him off, that's all. Sometimes we play a good shot and lose, and then other times we may play a bad shot and win, that's why it's hard to judge a shot option solely on the outcome of shots that follow. In this instance parica had to gamble because of the score and ball position, and there certainly no guarantee when you gamble, as we all should know.

Dr. Bill

wrong!!!!!!!!

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Jim, the shot Parica chose was a good option when you consider the score and how the balls were positioned. Imo it's a mistake to judge Parica's choice of shots based on the results that Bugs got with his shot option, and anyone that feels that you should is playing results, period. Parica's shot could have came out differently in many ways, and even the results he got weren't bad at all. Bugs had to come with a good shot and he did, you just have to pay him off, that's all. Sometimes we play a good shot and lose, and then other times we may play a bad shot and win, that's why it's hard to judge a shot option solely on the outcome of shots that follow. In this instance Parica had to gamble because of the score and ball position, and there certainly no guarantee when you gamble, as we all should know.

Dr. Bill

I'm not judging Jose's shot by the fact that Bugs ran out, because I would have taken two of those balls out. I'm judging the shot based on the fact that if I shot the two railer, missed, left a take out, and then had shit left I would be really pissed at myself. Especially when I could have traped my opponent.

I realize we all shoot bad shots sometimes, but I just dont understand your reasoning. If he makes the two rail he gets three balls and thats better than nothing. If he moves three or four balls over and locks Bugs up Jose might win the next time he gets to the table.

You didnt answer my question and I'm trying to understand yours.

Jim

PS I ran into Jack Cooney a few days ago and said "HI" from you

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Even though I don't much care if you guys wanna jerk each other off till the cows come home, maybe someone should use a little common sense here.

Maybe Parica couldn't hit the balls by Bugs's side pocket. Did you ever think of that? A couple of shots previous to this layout, Parica did play a safe off a ball by Bugs's side pocket. He wasn't an idiot, if he didn't do it again there was a very good reason.

The only mistake Parica made was in not hitting the two-railer with low inside(right) draw-spin and putting the cueball on his own side rail. It would've been a safe shot then and Bugs would've had to have played a safety.

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Coming from the lips of an insecure little boy who one week says "please vote me in as the free entry to DCC, Tunica, US Open, I'll give it my best and you'll be proud of me". A few weeks later you say "the gambling at the tournament is the only important thing at the tournament".

You are as easy to see through as your trusty compadres here who egg you on.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Coming from the lips of an insecure little boy who one week says "please vote me in as the free entry to DCC, Tunica, US Open, I'll give it my best and you'll be proud of me". A few weeks later you say "the gambling at the tournament is the only important thing at the tournament".

You are as easy to see through as your trusty compadres here who egg you on.

Hey its Cowgirl.. how you doing honey.. Ronnie and the boys still miss your sweet ass. You were free gas money whenever they saw you. By the way you don't have to hide you can come to Derby City and I will leave you alone.. Take a few days off of molesting those sheep and come to the Derby.. You got 8 to 7. Oh wait...your eyes..:rolleyes: What kind of jack off calls himself COWBOY.. What are you frigging 12 years old..:lol

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Even though I don't much care if you guys wanna jerk each other off till the cows come home, maybe someone should use a little common sense here.

Maybe Parica couldn't hit the balls by Bugs's side pocket. Did you ever think of that? A couple of shots previous to this layout, Parica did play a safe off a ball by Bugs's side pocket. He wasn't an idiot, if he didn't do it again there was a very good reason.

The only mistake Parica made was in not hitting the two-railer with low inside(right) draw-spin and putting the cueball on his own side rail. It would've been a safe shot then and Bugs would've had to have played a safety.

Dennis

Maybe he couldnt hit the 15 ball? What an idiot LMFAO you play just as bad from the chair as you do in person

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Actually Art, I would want Bugs to shoot if I were playing him in this type of a situation. Bugs shot, and imo that's what Parica wanted him to do. ... Dr. Bill

I don't believe that Parica wanted Bugs to shoot. I think he just hit his shot poorly. If the CB rolled a little further down table, Bugs wouldn't have had much. Jose just under-hit the shot.

The shot itself was very low percentage in terms of pocketing the ball, but had he rolled the CB down table a little more, it would have been okay.

It looked to me that he really wanted to do something with that dark ball a foot from the head spot. With his touch he could have banked it to his hole and snuggled the CB behind the 9. I didn't see the 15 "clear em" shot until Jim mentioned it. That too is an excellent shot.

Doc

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I don't believe that Parica wanted Bugs to shoot. I think he just hit his shot poorly. If the CB rolled a little further down table, Bugs wouldn't have had much. Jose just under-hit the shot.

The shot itself was very low percentage in terms of pocketing the ball, but had he rolled the CB down table a little more, it would have been okay.

It looked to me that he really wanted to do something with that dark ball a foot from the head spot. With his touch he could have banked it to his hole and snuggled the CB behind the 9. I didn't see the 15 "clear em" shot until Jim mentioned it. That too is an excellent shot.

Doc

Doc you are 100% correct when you say Jos didnt want Bugs to shoot and that he just hit the shot poorly. It was low percentage at best. Anyone who thinks Jose wanted Bugs to shoot is clueless. What i love about these WWYD's is that everyone thinks these guys never make a wrong decision.. What a joke. In this situation Jose chose the wrong shot.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Doc you are 100% correct when you say Jos didnt want Bugs to shoot and that he just hit the shot poorly. It was low percentage at best. Anyone who thinks Jose wanted Bugs to shoot is clueless. What i love about these WWYD's is that everyone thinks these guys never make a wrong decision.. What a joke. In this situation Jose chose the wrong shot.

Don't you think that before Parica shot he understood that he was going to entice Bugs to shoot the stripe by the side pocket had he missed? Of course he did. He was good with that because of the score being as it was at 4-0. There was also the possibility that the ball Parica shot could of ended up either in the pocket or in a more problematic position. I really don't think that Parica chose a bad shot considering everything..score..ball position..applying pressure. And for anyone to say that it was the wrong shot is just playing results.

Yes there were other options, however, none carried an immediate reward, or even a clear reward. It's easy to play from your computer, especially when you're a result player.:heh That means you.:sorry:D:p

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Don't you think that before Parica shot he understood that he was going to entice Bugs to shoot the stripe by the side pocket had he missed? Of course he did. He was good with that because of the score being as it was at 4-0. There was also the possibility that the ball Parica shot could of ended up either in the pocket or in a more problematic position. I really don't think that Parica chose a bad shot considering everything..score..ball position..applying pressure. And for anyone to say that it was the wrong shot is just playing results.

Yes there were other options, however, none carried an immediate reward, or even a clear reward. It's easy to play from your computer, especially when you're a result player.:heh That means you.:sorry:D:p

Dr. Bill

Please I hope this guy shoots at this cut shot on these 6 inch pockets:rolleyes: You have to be related to Pat Flemming for you to be THE VOICE:frus.... Billy He was not trying to entice Bugs to shoot... Let me wake you up( which it blows my mind I have to explain this to YOU) He hit the shot like SHIT.. To make the ball he had to cut it more, if he cut the ball more the cueball would have had more speed and came farther down table NOT leaving Bugs the cut in the side. If anything you have to over cut this shot to make sure you dont leave the cut on the ball by the side.
What would have applied more pressure was to shoot the 15 ball into everything on Bugs' side and freezing him on the 2 balls.
P.S. I remember an Accustats disagreement you had with Danny D. over a shot Nick Varner played against Shannon Daulton at Derby City. Varner was shooting an off angle combo and Danny D. said that because of the score, the immediate reward it would bring an the pressure it could apply he was choosing the right shot. You disagreed and said he can't shoot at that. Nick shot the combo, missed it, and sold out and lost the game. You guys went back and forth until you finally said .. You told Danny " You think you are going to win this argument when he lost the game on your shot"

Last edited: